• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    The Rum Diary - Christopher Young

Fandabidoozie (forgive the spelling). Best jazz-based score since Sideways. Hugely entertaining throughout.

Absolutely great score one of the best of the year.

Have yet to hear it yet but am looking forward.

Tom

I am confident you will love it Tom .

My week with Marilyn, main theme by desplat and rest of the score by pope.

Loveit, old time nostalgic and relaxing.

I don't understand what you mean by "old time nostalgic"?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erm although badly word i still think it's evident smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. DreamTheater wrote
    A BEAUTIFUL MIND - JAMES HORNER

I don't listen to this as often as I should. It has that non-stop emotional and melodic foundation that is getting rare these days.

This is the first score I ever fell in love with. It's arguably the most romantic score Horner's ever written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    A BEAUTIFUL MIND - JAMES HORNER

I don't listen to this as often as I should. It has that non-stop emotional and melodic foundation that is getting rare these days.

This is the first score I ever fell in love with. It's arguably the most romantic score Horner's ever written.

Boy would I like to argue that but I'm still on hiatus so it will have to wait... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin
    Kazoo
  2. Please stop by and let us know when that hiatus is over dude.

Until then beer <--- a couple of Leffe lick
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: ANY WEDNESDAY (George Duning)

Breezy cocktail jazz typical of 60's Mancini, Williams etc. I like it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    WILD ROVERS is great.

I liked it so much, that I used it as a temp track for large chunks of a film.

I have seen said film, and it was very good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm not telling you what I'm listening to now, by the way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    NP: Mimic - The Deluxe Edition - Marco Beltrami

I have always been a fan of this score - particularly the dark and brooding, and deliciously rich end track, and was excited when this arrived with a bunch of other CDs from Screen Archives yesterday (finally got Herrmann's North by Northwest expanded, David Julyan's Descent Pt. 2, Knife Edge by Guy Farley, Michl Britsch's Pandorum and Conrad Pope's In My Sleep (thanks Erik!)).

So far I am really enjoying the additional music! It has definitely been a great year for Beltrami!
    Insert witty line here
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

That's because you're listening to THIS!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Neilbucket wrote
    NP: Mimic - The Deluxe Edition - Marco Beltrami

I have always been a fan of this score - particularly the dark and brooding, and deliciously rich end track, and was excited when this arrived with a bunch of other CDs from Screen Archives yesterday (finally got Herrmann's North by Northwest expanded, David Julyan's Descent Pt. 2, Knife Edge by Guy Farley, Michl Britsch's Pandorum and Conrad Pope's In My Sleep (thanks Erik!)).

So far I am really enjoying the additional music! It has definitely been a great year for Beltrami!

You know I will have to check this one out seeing it's from the same composer as...

HELLBOY RECORDING SESSIONS - BELTRAMI

There are definitely some very worthy cues here, although half of the music of this 2-disc set does little to me. As my brother keeps saying to me, there's a lenghty disc of worthy material here and he's right, weed out the filler and we're onto a winner. smile

This is also a composer I know practically nothing of, I just completely ignored his work, voluntarily or unvolantarily. Hellboy seems like a good place to start.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

That's because you're listening to THIS!

OK, maybe I should say then, before anyone else casts aspersions. It was the theme from Star Trek: Voyager.
  4. That's one of Goldsmith's best! Outstanding piece of music. I used to tune in to that show just to watch the opening credits, and then I would turn it off smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The opening credits was the best part of every episode of that show.
  5. Southall wrote
    The opening credits was the best part of every episode of that show.

yeah
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    War Horse - John "Vaughan" Williams

It's all very nice and all, but I can't help but be a little underwhelmed. Maybe it'll grow on me (Tintin has, a bit).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

It's all very nice and all, but I can't help but be a little underwhelmed. Maybe it'll grow on me (Tintin has, a bit).

Another promo, I assume?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Southall wrote

Oh sad That's too bad. I have high hopes for this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    christopher wrote
    Southall wrote

I have no worries. I heard a cue called "The Homecoming" and it was pure bliss, just the kind of Williams I want. So even if everything is else is crap, which is highly unlikely, it's still a winner in my book. Bring on the CD release!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote

Another promo, I assume?

Indeed. The last two tracks are superb. The rest, there's nothing wrong with, and given who wrote it there's always at least something right with. I've only listened once, too, so there's plenty of time for it to reveal more depths.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    The Score Gods have reviewed your collective unfaithfulness and have decided that the appropriate action at this time is to cause the rescoring of Tintin with a fresh, exotic take by Ramin Djawadi, as well as the rescoring of War Horse with a gritty, 21st century work by Geoff Zanelli. John Williams will simultaneously return to writing some more of his far more important classical pieces.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. Southall wrote

Uh-oh. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Scribe wrote
    The Score Gods have reviewed your collective unfaithfulness and have decided that the appropriate action at this time is to cause the rescoring of Tintin with a fresh, exotic take by Ramin Djawadi, as well as the rescoring of War Horse with a gritty, 21st century work by Geoff Zanelli. John Williams will simultaneously return to writing some more of his far more important classical pieces.

These are dark times indeed! shocked wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    christopher wrote
    Southall wrote

I have no worries. I heard a cue called "The Homecoming" and it was pure bliss, just the kind of Williams I want. So even if everything is else is crap, which is highly unlikely, it's still a winner in my book. Bring on the CD release!

Darn! I couldn't help myself and so I listened to 'The Homecoming', very beautiful, Vaughan Williams is very much alive and well in this piece cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote

I'm with you on this one... however, I took to Tintin immediately and consider it the stronger of the two by far.

There are some exceptional moments during the first 44 minutes of this album but they are so few and far between. However, the last 3 cues... about 13 and half minutes... almost make up for the lethargic playing time of the previous 12. No Man's Land, The Reunion and Remembering Emile/Finale is classic Williams drama with a classic Williams melody that will stay with you forever.

I know... I'm suppose to be on a break but my God this place in like a drug and I need my daily fix. crazy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Good. smile

NP: Star Trek V - Some guy with a ponytail

First listen.
  9. christopher wrote
    Good. smile

NP: Star Trek V - Some guy with a ponytail

First listen.

Is this really your first ever listen?
  10. OUTCAST - LENNIE MOORE

Shame this guy has disappeared of the face of the earth since doing this beast, which holds some of the most impressive writing for the medium, or even for orchestral music. There's also a nice middle-eastern inspired cue with a duduk. The haunting melodies and pounding rhythms are fantastic and the power emanating from the orchestra and choir has to be heard to be believed.

One of the all time best videogame scores ever composed.

And this is not an opinion.

IT IS A FACT.
  11. As overhyped as "Van Helsing" and "Soul Surfer".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.