• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. face-palm-mt

It's under-hyped, if anything.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    As overhyped as "Van Helsing"

So not overhyped at all then.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

I know... I'm suppose to be on a break but my God this place in like a drug and I need my daily fix. crazy

biggrin
    Like!

justin boggan wrote
    As overhyped as "..."Soul Surfer".

Martijn smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    As overhyped as "Van Helsing" and "Soul Surfer".

Steven smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Greg Edmonson

I must admit I'm a fan of the context more than the composer. Sounds like typical Uncharted music - which, as a fan of the games, is no bad thing.

Also, happy birthday to the composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I was wondering whether or not to get this, but being unfamiliar with the game, I guess it's a skippable one for me then.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    I was wondering whether or not to get this, but being unfamiliar with the game, I guess it's a skippable one for me then.

I wouldn't recommend this one to you in all honesty. Even as a fan of the game, 2 CDs is way too much. 30 minutes of this would be fine if you took all the highlights. I'm sure there's some really good cues here, I've just got to find them.
  2. Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

I wouldn't recommend this one to you in all honesty. Even as a fan of the game, 2 CDs is way too much. 30 minutes of this would be fine if you took all the highlights. I'm sure there's some really good cues here, I've just got to find them.

Isn't there a 50-minute digital release of the score coming out sometime? I thought I read that somewhere.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I thought so:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/unchar … d473373959
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Looks like the 'safer' option for those curious but not familiar with the game.

Reel Steal Danny Elfman

The film looks like a pile of shite, but the score is rather pleasant. Not your usual quirky Elfman score, but oddly 'mainstream'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven would you consider Uncharted 3, the score, inferior to the 2nd one? 'Cause that one rocked!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    NP: Brainstorm - James Horner

Perhaps hyperbole, but this score is unbridled genius!
    Insert witty line here
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven would you consider Uncharted 3, the score, inferior to the 2nd one? 'Cause that one rocked!

I'll have to return to both to make that judgement as yet. 2 CDs worth was a little daunting for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Neilbucket wrote
    NP: Brainstorm - James Horner

Perhaps hyperbole, but this score is unbridled genius!

The 2nd Horner album ( LP ) I bought.

It was also the very first CD soundtrack I bought. Now I really look forward to a deluxe version of this score, playing it a few months ago I found that it's actually degrading ( bronzing? ) and the final track no longer plays.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Is there a deluxe version due?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is there a deluxe version due?

No, but I'm hoping there'll be one. I think somewhere down the line it'll be coming.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is there a deluxe version due?

No, but I'm hoping there'll be one. I think somewhere down the line it'll be coming.

It'll be released around the time the current disc will only play only one track and the booklet disintegrates in your hands.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    christopher wrote
    Good. smile

NP: Star Trek V - Some guy with a ponytail

First listen.

Is this really your first ever listen?

Well, I saw the wretched film not too long ago and heard the music in context, but yes, that was my first listen to the score away from the film. It's fun to still get to discover "new" things from Goldsmith (new to me, anyway).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm not going to say what I'm listening to at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    NP: The Spiderwick Chronicles - James Horner

I wasn't terribly keen on this when I first heard it, but given the Horner mood I have been in of late (and a reference to this score that I saw Erik make) I felt it was time to dust it off. Enjoying it so far but I am still not sure this was as great as it could have been.
    Insert witty line here
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: LOTS OF CHRISTOPHE BECK...

....on his website, where he has lots of sound clips from his scores. I'm doing a 'composer of the month' on him shortly and need to brush up on his past efforts. The more I listen, the more impressed I get by his versatility and appealing styles. He's come a long way since I discovered him through F/X - THE SERIES in the 90's.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Southall wrote

I bet I know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Southall wrote

I bet I know.

It's not The Hobbit by Maury Laws, I'm afraid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    So, it's The Hobbit by Howard Shore?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  8. HUGO!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  9. That one episode of "Pee Wee's Playhouse" Cliff Martinez scored?

"MARTINEZ"! AAAGGGHHH!!!!!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You're all making such good guesses, but I'll have to put you out of your misery. It was the theme from Star Trek: Voyager by Jerry Goldsmith.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

That's because you're playing THIS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    You're all making such good guesses, but I'll have to put you out of your misery. It was the theme from Star Trek: Voyager by Jerry Goldsmith.

Oh, that old chestnut.