• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I am making compilations for myself and am up to the 4th and 5th one and am trying to get certain tracks for them.

Not looking for MP3s.

Here are the tracks I am looking for:

Toon Tumes: Action-Packed Anthems
    or
    Sci-Fi's Greatest Hits, Vol. 4: Defenders of Justice

WANT: The "Batman: The Animated Series" and X-Men theme.
    I'm hoping either one of the CDs listed above does NOT have the lightening sound at the end of B: TAS.

Millennium -- theme (PBS series; Zimmer; track 18 on the re-issue)

Track 4: "Dansa Kokopelli"
    http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/ … 8946763124

From the Earth to the Moon (Kamen)
    End Credits

Children of Dune (Track 8)

Cool Hand Luck (Track, "Tar Sequence")
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007
    You are looking for a Zimmer theme??? shocked

Can't help you though.
    As you don't want MP3's. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Looking for love love
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    First of all that's random. Secondly... learn the fucking basics of music compression.
  2. Enough of that FUCKING shit, okay?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007 edited
    Why? You never seem to specify how else - if you don't want MP3s - you would want this music? WAV? APE? Apple Lossless? What?

Do you want them to send you a CDR with the tracks on? Because that's a waste of time, money and effort. If they burn it on a disc, it means they'll probably be using their compressed files. You're going to probably have to rip it onto whatever computer you're using, which in turn means it will LOOSE further quality from that rip. If they send a CDR as a data disc, they might as well upload the files on the internet. So what I imagine you really want is for them to have the ORIGINAL disc, re-rip it onto their hard drive in a lossless form, upload that and send it to you. Which will be a huge file for just a few tracks.

So please, SPECIFY for the love of god.

(Mp3 isn't the only way to compress music, and it's not like it has a set bit rate. Use AAC (Mp4) and set it to ridiculously high bit rate - trust me, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.)

But fine, stay ignorant. I'm sure it's bliss.
  3. From a commercially pressed CD, copied exactly, onto a CD-R. Like it was the last time you asked. It has not changed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007
    Wait a minute! You want someone to make you a CD-R and you're openly asking for that here?
    I'm fairly new to MainTitles but isn't there some policy on not encouraging CD-R/bootleg sharing?

Bregt,
    This is your site. Please tell me you're not ok with using this to share mp3/CD-R shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh no.
    We go to other sites for that. angelic

But yeah, we tend to help out our fellow enthusiast here however and wherever possible, as long as it's without personal gain (or loss, but that pretty much goes without saying).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited
    First and foremost it's about the music.
    Most of us are here are passionate about our music (well, in Justin's case, he's more a fundamentalist), and passionate about sharing it. There's a genuine desire on our part for other people to hear the music we like (a reason why the Guess The Score Game is so popular), rather than simply trying to pirate music for the sake of 'sticking it' to The Man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hehe
    BhelPuri wrote
    Wait a minute! You want someone to make you a CD-R and you're openly asking for that here?
    I'm fairly new to MainTitles but isn't there some policy on not encouraging CD-R/bootleg sharing?

Bregt,
    This is your site. Please tell me you're not ok with using this to share mp3/CD-R shocked

I've not really a problem with it as long as we don't share those things on the forum or links that redirect to the music. And I second the thoughts of Martijn and Steven. It's much more worth. smile
    Kazoo
  4. And important note should be made to me not asking for the WHOLE thing; just certain tracks. Did so with another fellow and he sent me about six tracks from a few films, including Star Trek 3.

And ... weren't you at the old board, Puri? Or are you a newbie?

Besides, I can confirm to you that there is [u]no way in hell[/u] I will buy a Zimmer CD. Ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote

Besides, I can confirm to you that there is [u]no way in hell[/u] I will buy a Zimmer CD. Ever.

See, fundamentalist.
  5. Well, there is something fundamentall wrong with Zimmer. I'm fundamentalizing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, there is something fundamentall wrong with Zimmer. I'm fundamentalizing.

christmas_biggrin
    Kazoo
  6. :christmas_biggrin: too
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Bregt wrote
    BhelPuri wrote Anyway here's something close to my opinion of Zimmer in general- http://i9.tinypic.com/6ss24qe.gif wink

Hahaha! christmas_biggrin

Agreed completely christmas_biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up! I do understand the thought that goes behind it. It was just that some of those Justin asked for are easily available for purchase.

justin boggan wrote
    And important note should be made to me not asking for the WHOLE thing; just certain tracks.
    And ... weren't you at the old board, Puri? Or are you a newbie?

Oh I know you weren't asking for the whole album.
    I was at scorereviews but not a regular and more of a lurker.
    Hah! I don't like the formulaic MV/RCP thing that Zimmer does but I do like some of his efforts for smaller movies (House of the Spirits, Spanglish). Anyway here's something close to my opinion of Zimmer in general- http://i9.tinypic.com/6ss24qe.gif wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BhelPuri wrote Anyway here's something close to my opinion of Zimmer in general- http://i9.tinypic.com/6ss24qe.gif wink

Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Bregt wrote

Haha! That is great!!!! cool
  8. Back at ScoreReviews I started a thread asking for a handful of certain cues, one of them was "Conquest of Paradise" from 1492 (Vangelis).

I was real specific about not getting MP3s. One user offered and sent me it. It always sounded funny and just now when I was getting cues ready for a compilation, I tested it and it's fucking MP3 -- just like I suspected. And what' more, acording the the specxtral view, it's a bad sourced MP3.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the asshole who did this for me: thanks for nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Back at ScoreReviews I started a thread asking for a handful of certain cues, one of them was "Conquest of Paradise" from 1492 (Vangelis).

I was real specific about not getting MP3s. One user offered and sent me it. It always sounded funny and just now when I was getting cues ready for a compilation, I tested it and it's fucking MP3 -- just like I suspected. And what' more, acording the the specxtral view, it's a bad sourced MP3.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the asshole who did this for me: thanks for nothing.

Did you really have to post that? It sounds like it's going to start a fight, more than anything else... rolleyes
  9. You could have just PM'd the individual with your displeasure.

Good luck finding someone else to help you now.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    You could have just PM'd the individual with your displeasure.

Yep, but I think Justin actually enjoys spamming the boards with needless and sometimes aggressive posts - and threads, of course. wink
  10. My sentiments exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    You assume that this individual was actually *aware* his CD was sourced from MP3s.

I own many CDRs myself, kindly sent to me by friends here or elsewhere, which may (or may not) have been direct copies from the original CD OR converted MP3 files, I wouldn't know (and as I can't hear the difference on most, I don't care).

To assume the worst intentions from someone who to all intents and purposes seems to have been only interested in helping you out seems rather ungrateful.
    Not to mention nasty.

Closing this discussion, as I can see no added benefits. For any "can not - can TOO!" MP3 vs. WAV discussion go here.
    If anyone has anything to add, by all means take it to PM.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn