• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The name "Billy Goldenberg" crossed my mind. He fits some but not all of your criteria though. Hum ...

"Jerrold Immel" does not seam to fit either. It must be someone from that vicinity ...
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Nope, it's Billy Goldenberg.

So there's no longer any guessing needed, since I said it was the last known score he did: this is from a 2011 short film titled "Surprise Surprise, Mr. Conovy".

Soem of the famous TV series he's worked on:
    "Columbo"
    "Kojak"
    "The Name of the Game

The famous director, Steven Speilberg. He scored "Duel" and co-scored an episode of "The Name of the Game" Steven directed.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Yay! smile
  4. I'm feeling generous, so I'm gonna go ahead and give you the e-cookie. wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Mystery Score Clip 79

A score from relaviely early in the career of a now famous film composer, though he barely works anymore.

It's from a TV movie. The composer is well known for certain films he did, though he did works on some famous TV series early on. Before that, not so famous. He's also worked on other composer's scores, in different capacities, like orchestrator.

The plesant score, is unreleased, though there is a nearly 58 minute obscure promo (which I don't have, so I have to rip from the movie).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWpqz-mQc2I
  6. Don Davis
  7. Correct.

The TV movie is "Sleep, Baby, Sleep".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2014
    lol applause

Fantastic.
  8. Mystery Score Clip 80

Some deja vu here...

Score from a pilot to a short-lived TV series. Another in a long line of TV seires produced by a famous television producer who has brought some famous TV series to us (as well as sometimes writing and directing, and even some acting). Sadly he passed away in recent years.

Two composers. One is perhaps one of the most famous TV composers that ever lived. You'd certainly have heard his work and know his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2_rc1I2DA
  9. Reveal.

The deja vu comes in because not only have I already done a show by this name, but I've featured the composers before.

This is from the pilot to yet another TV series by the name of "The Quest" (A Stephen J. Cannell production). I skimmed through it since it was quite longand boring. The jist is it seems to be about the king of a (ficticious) country who is looking for someone to take this place, and he leads a group of Americans on his long quest to get from some spot to another, in order to decide who gets it.

The score is by Mike Post and the late Pete Carpenter. Both of whom, to this day, have not had a single CD of original score released.
  10. Mystery Score Clip 81

This is from an episode of a short-lived TV series. The composer, no longer with us, is well known, not only for his work on a certain TV series, but also for his work as an orchestrator for a famous film composer.

If you like growling brass, small brass clusters, timpani, you'll probably like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSJ5ozBlI6o
  11. Alexander Courage
  12. No, but getting warmer.

I hope the scoring for the rest of the episodes is as good as this.
  13. Reveal.

This is from the short-lived series "Spencer's Pilots". The particular episode of "The Search", where Spencer's plane crashes and he and three passengers must survive with little water and the heat (yeah, that's my summary on IMDb; I submitted that along with some of the credits).

The composer on the episode is Morton Stevens. This is the only one, thus far, that we know he scored.

There were eleven episodes total (that final has no credited composer). Aside from his score, Jerrold Immel is credited for the pilot on IMDb. An excellent little site called Film Score Rundowns shows the composers to be (he goes into studio archives sometimes, and collections, and looks at paper work):

Jerrold Immel
    Bruce Broughton (also credited as a music supervisor on the episodes)
    William Broughton (yes, his brother, who's done a tiny bit of scoring)
    Morton Stevens
    Harry Geller
    Dick DeBenedictis

An impressive line-up for a short-lived series, and with the excellent Stevens' score, and that Immel often did excellent episodic work, there's probably a wealth of wonderful unheard TV scoring there. Something about certain settings brings out good scores from composers: space, flying, landscapes, under water, etc.
  14. Mystery Score Clip 82

This is an episode of a series from a few decades ago; famous show, well known composer (who is still with us). You probably have some of his scores on CD.

There was a good deal of dialogue, so sorry about some of the edits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNlt1jTJ_5E
  15. No idea on this one Justin.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  16. Reveal.

This is from an episode of the long running "National Geographic" documentary series.

From the 1982 episode "The Sharks". The score was composed by Lee Holdridge (I just recently submitted them issing credit to IMDB and they took it; probably one of about half a dozen missing things for him I submitted).

I got an interesting new clip coming up shortly.
  17. Mystery Score Clip 83

For this interesting suite we get tribal percussion and other percussion instruments and rhythms, with one solo ethnic flute woodwind -- no strings, no brass, nothing else.

I'd like to tell you who the composer is, but nobody was credited! Whether tracked or originjal, it's obvious it's the same person as ideas and the woodwind theme run throughout the score.

This is from a tense and interesting documentary from a few decades ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzek0QJ-orw
  18. Reveal.

This is from a 1970 documentary called "The Tribe That Hides From Man", about Indianist Orlando Villas Boas, who goes deep into the jungle to try and make contact with the elusive Kreen-Akrore tribe, who have slaughtered everybody they have come in contact with, down to children, since soon buildings and roads will be coming in.

Will he make contact? Will he and his party be murdered?

It's tense, and just a good way to spend a little over an hour if you got some free time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrLo_BUeUk
  19. Mystery Score Clip 84

Oh my goodness, there's so much to say about this.

First off, if you like 1980's orchestral scores (with a touch of the 1970's), you'll probably enjoy this. Like some scores of that era, it has some cues kind of out of joint with the rest of the score, though I've only included one or two of them here.

The score is unreleased, the composer is no longer with us, and this represents probably about 40% of the score.

The film? OMG, it's awful. I don't mean a it's so bad it's good film, this is bad. Thankfully now forgotten and best left to people like The Nostalgia Critic, this film has bad acting (especially from it's lead character), bad writing, and cheese ahoy! I mean cheesy sound effects were even added to the film. The special effects were terrible; just a few years later Spaceballs had SUPERIOR effects.

And before any of you even think of that line, "It was a paycheck", you are wrong. This poor composer is not only credited as one of the two writers, but he was also a producer. He had more than a hand in this terrible film.

It makes "Elves" seem like quality work. IF you read my review of that film over a year ago, you know what I'm talking about.

Enjoy the music, and thank your dear fluffy lord you don't have to see the film:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDepBObBdwQ

Thor would probably like it, 'cause it blows.
  20. Most of that sounded quite listenable. But I have no idea where to start with trying to come up with a suggested composer/writer/producer!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  21. I forgot composer clues.

The compsoer was never famous, though he did a score that got some acclaim with a portion of the film score community for a score he did (which was released by a popular label years ago). He died relatively young.
  22. justin boggan wrote
    I forgot composer clues.

The compsoer was never famous, though he did a score that got some acclaim with a portion of the film score community (which was released by a popular label years ago). He died relatively young.

Clues would help...perhaps! wink
  23. Reveal.

This is from a terrible science fiction movie called "Prisoners of the Lost Universe", from 1983.

The composer is Harry Robertson.
  24. Mystery Score Clip 85

Fuck yeah. If you like kick-ass brassy action scores from the 1990's with some 1980's sensibilities, and a strong instantly memorable theme, this is for you. It's like Chuck Norris* making sweet karate love to your ears.

LOL, I know. biggrin

For some reason or other, this composer never gained fame as certain other people and while he worked on some notable projects here and there, it just never took off. Beats the fuck out of me why.

He's still with us today, still composing though nothing in recent years. The score, to a terrible failed pilot (that deserved to fail), has not been released. But it should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpxVebNr9xY

* = No, not a clue.
  25. The composer is related to a famous composer.
  26. Peter Bernstein?
  27. Yes. Should I call it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2014 edited
    I'll go for 1994's Island City?
  28. That's it! You got it.

Good score, yes?