• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. A composer who might deserve a bit more interest

Composer James Brett just finished working on a large-scale arena show called Batman Live, which premiered in July this year and has recently completed a successful UK tour, now going on to tour worldwide. It is an all new, live-action theatrical show with acrobatics, flying sequences, large-scale fights, thrilling stunts and even a Batmobile. It was produced in conjunction with Warner Bros, DC Comics and Nick Grace Management, whom I worked with on another arena show called Walking With Dinosaurs.

The score was recorded with full size symphonic orchestra and choir at Abbey Road Studios, where I am currently based.

Here is a little taster of the show:

His other works include writing the music for the animated alien adventure Planet 51 from TriStar Pictures, the action-packed NBC series Crusoe, and also collaborating as composer, conductor and orchestrator with Harald Kloser on Roland Emmerich's films - 2012, 10,000 B.C., and most recently the historical thriller Anonymous.

The score album for Batman Live is anticipated for release early next year. Although it is not technically for film, the score from the show is very much in the language of a modern film score, as well as carrying influences from old-fashioned "film noir" scores.

A link to Brett's website is here
    Here's also a link to an interview with Tom Hoover from ScoreNotes.com.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh