• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
    I love a good quiz, and especially if it's movie or soundtrack related smile

Just stumbled over this film music quiz, which I found very good: http://www.sporcle.com/games/amaranth/clip_film

Scored a 41 out of 80 (and 43 in my second attempt)... kinda difficult with only 20 minuttes available, and misspelling and stuff... smile

Anyone know of any similar quizzes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This quiz was posted quite a while ago, and I remember taking it right after it was published.

I scored quite well, but I can't remember the exact numbers....
    I am extremely serious.
  1. 55 out of 80, should have guessed a couple of more, couldn't come up with them at the time. Not bad if I say to myself
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    55, that's very good, I think smile

There's a second quiz here: http://www.sporcle.com/games/amaranth/clip_filmii

42 out of 80... and a couple of "facepalm" moments afterwards smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011 edited
    Tried it (the first one), it didn't seem to be the same as the one posted before.

Only managed 52, even though I had heard at least 10 more (heck, I even have them in my collection!), but just couldn't catch them in the moment. I don't work well under stress.

Facepalm moments indeed! shame
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I got 45 on the first quiz, there were and handful I knew and couldn't get and there was also a handful I couldn't get and couldn't care less about wink

I'll try the second quiz later.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    55 out of 80, should have guessed a couple of more, couldn't come up with them at the time. Not bad if I say to myself

Good job dude, I only have 50, I knew of some of the melodies but couldn't place the film. shame

Seeing I had the first 11 correct, I said hey this is going to be easy, after that it became a bit trickier.

Quite fun actually, this type of online quiz. I'll do the second soon.

Thanks for this Artworks. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Got 49 in both quizzes. Stressful, frustrating and fun at the same time. There were so many that I recognized where I just couldn't place them.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Movie Themes III
    Movie Themes IV

Haven't tried them yet, though...
  3. the second quiz 54/80, once again missed a couple of big ones. I hate performing under pressure (queen woohoo punk )
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Quiz 1: 49
    Quiz 2: 49
    Quiz 3: 45
    Quiz 4: 42

Two of them were mispellings in the last one though, so I do deserve 44. wink

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    44 correct in III, and only 19 (!!!) in IV smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011 edited
    OK, the second went better.

Managed 60 of 80. But still a couple of facepalms....and a few I simply didn't know.

Phew....tiresome. I need a break before I try the next.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. once again 54/80 for the third quiz, seem to have a soft spot for the 50's smile
    Nicely done Thor, 60 is a very nice score
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011 edited
    What strikes me with these quizzes is that I'm pretty confident on 80's and 90's stuff (and OK in earlier things), but absolutely SUCK at 2000's stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    Thor wrote
    What strikes me with these quizzes is that I'm pretty confident on 80's and 90's stuff (and OK in earlier things), but absolutely SUCK at 2000's stuff.

That's because it all melds into one big generic sound.... wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

That's because it all melds into one big generic sound.... wink

Probably more because I'm not the up-to-date junkie & soundtrack collector I was in the 90's.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
    Tried the third one and managed 61 of 80.

Still, a couple of embarassing brainfreezes, like TAXI DRIVER and THE KARATE KID.

Geezes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Wow, you guys get high scores. I wonder whether you just know them better than me or whether your brains just dig them out of your memory banks quicker than me. There certainly are many I know but that I can't place when listening to them. I'd probably get more like 65-70 points if the time were unlimited.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That last quiz was disastrous for me.

Managed 44 of 80.

And even then, some of them were wild guesses. It was not a quiz for my taste -- too much old stuff, James Bond, Broadway Hollywood musicals etc. But again some facepalms too!

So my streak was:

1. 52
    2. 60
    3. 61
    4. 44
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Got 54 on the second quiz. Some of the 80s stuff puzzles me, especially the electronic kind but in some cases the year helps a lot. So even if I'm not familiar with the music I can more or less guess the title from when the film was released. Or is that called cheating?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Quiz 1: 50
    Quiz 2: 54
    Quiz 3: 49
    Quiz 4: 32 shame

The last one was very hard... This quiz is a nice gauge to show I don't know much about film music. What am I still doing here??? crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    Quiz 1: 45
    Quiz 2: 56

I'm about to try quiz 3.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A much better quiz 3...

Now onto quiz 4...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Final tally...

Quiz 1: 45
    Quiz 2: 56
    Quiz 3: 64
    Quiz 4: 59
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good. I got ten on the first quiz. I don't think I'll try the other ones.
    Nice format, though. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I was surprised I got so many.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    With the massive scores everyone was tallying up I was under the mistaken impression this was doable. dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maybe it just suited me, I'm usually crap at picking out late 90's and 00's stuff and considering my dislike of it, I was very good at knowing 80's synth/pop type stuff that I don't like. dizzy

I think you should be proud you only knew the quality stuff in your 10 correct answers.

it was the quality stuff? ..... Right??
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not surprised you did well on the last one, Timmer, as those clips seemed more up your alley (although definitely not mine).
    I am extremely serious.