• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    I'm not surprised you did well on the last one, Timmer, as those clips seemed more up your alley (although definitely not mine).

Nor me !!! 32 is shamefully bad! sad

And it pisses me off when I know something, I have it on CD and just can't place it. Major facepalm afterwards.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'm not surprised you did well on the last one, Timmer, as those clips seemed more up your alley (although definitely not mine).

And it pisses me off when I know something, I have it on CD and just can't place it. Major facepalm afterwards.

Yeah, that's always annoying. I have of course heard the TAXI DRIVER theme a million times and know it inside out, but for some reason the synapses wouldn't connect on that one, for example. Weird.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Tally (because I had nothing better to do):

Quiz I
    1.Thomas Glorieux (55)
    2.Thor (52)
    3.DreamTheater (50)
    4.plindboe (49)
    5.Timmer (45)
    6.Artworks (41)
    7.Martijn (10)

Quiz II
    1.Thor (60)
    2.Timmer (56)
    3.Thomas Glorieux (54) & DreamTheater (54)
    5.plindboe (49)
    6.Artworks (42)

Quiz III
    1.Timmer (64)
    2.Thor (61)
    3.Thomas Glorieux (54)
    4.DreamTheater (49)
    5.plindboe (45)
    6.Artworks (44)

Quiz IV
    1.Timmer (59)
    2.Thor (44)
    3.plindboe (42)
    4.DreamTheater (32)
    5.Artworks (19)

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    And to hammer home the point that I have no life, I also calculated average scores, for the people who completed all four games:

1.Timmer (56.00)
    2.Thor (54.25)
    3.DreamTheater & plindboe (46.25)
    5.Artworks (36.50)

Thomas Glorieux would have gotten second place (54.33), but he hasn't taken the difficult fourth quiz yet, which would probably move him down a notch.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote

Yeah, that's always annoying. I have of course heard the TAXI DRIVER theme a million times and know it inside out, but for some reason the synapses wouldn't connect on that one, for example. Weird.

The clip was Tom Scott's version, still no excuse though tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Let's start quizzing

Game Quiz 1

I know this will probably frustrate you, but my goal is actually making sure you get interested in the score (or specific track) solely by these selections. For those who want to know more, I can always upload the (full) cues I have of this particular score afterwards wink

Oh and remember: 1 composer gets 5 selections here, first 1 of 5 is found in sample 3
    1 point for the score, 1 point for the composer (3 if you guess the 2 together)

Hints
    1) Didn't receive any attention at the IFMCA awards at all last year, this game score nonetheless houses some lovely cues, like this playful fun theme. Just look up Ary
    2) Sports drama that touches the heart, running back towards his love never sounded so epic (by the composer who's most known for working with John Williams on one particular project)
    3) War drama that actually presents the 2 themes, a lovely choral hymn and the military theme near the end
    4) Wow, talk about an explosive emotional scene. Hardly any dialogue, just this composer's powerful theme underscoring the bad guy laughing when the father of his enemy dies. Movie magic through the eyes of this incredible composer
    5) This legendary composer is known for his melodic action music, it's such a shame he's no longer with us.
    6) Game score of 2019 that houses a great emotional theme, but this unknown composer surely makes it unforgettable, it feels like days are truly gone forever
    7) This comes from the extended promo, but careful listeners will pick up the theme in the middle and the emotional signature near the end
    8) The master of epic themes does it again, why is this composer not scoring anymore?
    9) Signature style is all over the place, funnily enough this is featured in the mesmerizing trailer of another film that is known for his most signature style of all
    10) Unknown composer that sets the scene on fire, has a hobbit at the piano
    11) Game score of 2018, completely overlooked though it has the Prince of Persia game composer at the helm
    12) The typical pairing of two unlikely actors make for a fun action film, though the composer tackles Prague so lovely first
    13) I adore this piece, because not only does it prominently feature the character theme of season 3, but it also literally states the theme of the series at the end
    14) Oh the theme, this composer doesn't compose regularly anymore, but he still delivers a thunderous conspiracy theme
    15) The theme is mind blowing, but this mesmerizing game is no slouch either. 3 Characters in the game all received their own sound through 3 composers. This is Kara's theme
    16) Ah elephants, this composer is not known for animal films but he still delivers a fun little theme for this Disney production
    17) This composer truly delivers the final blow to a film that is now hot stuff at Netflix as a series
    18) Period dramas are more his thing, but he can score animals jumping through fire just as easily
    19) Another game score that I treasure, from a group or person that calls themselves “Rozen”?
    20) It's surely a score that made us remember that they were the mighty ..
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I will take a listen asap.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2021
    Awesome, Thomas! We should ideally do a new thread, but that's OK. However, for some reason nothing happens when I click the "download" button.....
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thomas, I am seeing artwork for all the samples, except one. And I know that one!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2021
    Thanks for the warning!

I managed to download the folder with a different browser, but I will not look at the player when I play the clips (to the extent that is possible).
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Are you able to delete the artwork in your player?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2021 edited
    I don't think so, but I can double click the track and look IMMEDIATELY away.

I think it's what's called 'permatext' or something, i.e. information ingrained in the tracks themselves that isn't gone even if you cut and rename a track.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I will delete the artwork, didn't think of that. How stupid, give me a couple of minutes and I'll send a new link
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh