• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2013
    Christmas. I hereby ban any of that politically correct "happy holidays" malarkey.
  1. Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you have wonderful time where-ever you are, who-ever you are with. I only kinda (re)joined this board earlier this year after launching my new review website. Thank you for welcoming me into the maintitles community. kiss

Captain Future wrote
    Christmas in Germany starts with Christmas' Eve, when the pesents find their happy new owners.

It was the same in The Netherlands. We used the have a biiig meal (usually a fondue or stone-grill) and then we'd open our presents. And then I'd retreat to my room to listen to my presents.

Then I moved to England.... AND I GOTTA WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY!!! crazy Oh, the horror. The first-world horror!! biggrin

Cheers,

<s>

Pete.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2013
    Have a great one everybody punk beer

A CHRISTMAS SONG

This one is conducted by my friend Alex Klein who posts at FSM and is a massive John Barry fan. Give it a listen, it's beautiful.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Synchrotones wrote
    Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you have wonderful time where-ever you are, who-ever you are with. I only kinda (re)joined this board earlier this year after launching my new review website. Thank you for welcoming me into the maintitles community. kiss

Captain Future wrote
    Christmas in Germany starts with Christmas' Eve, when the pesents find their happy new owners.

It was the same in The Netherlands. We used the have a biiig meal (usually a fondue or stone-grill) and then we'd open our presents. And then I'd retreat to my room to listen to my presents.

Then I moved to England.... AND I GOTTA WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS DAY!!! crazy Oh, the horror. The first-world horror!! biggrin

Cheers,

<s>

Pete.

Family dinner is a Christmas Eve tradition. It's a no-meat (fast) day, but only in Poland as far as I know. Presents are also delivered on Christmas Eve. This year it was just my parents and me, usually we have my brother and his, now, wife (being on a round the world trip, it'd be a bit hard for them to get here from Laos) and my mom's brother's family (with one of the cousins living in New York), who went out this year.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. I know many here are probably circumspect about the role of Christmas in our culture, nonetheless it has one, and as a result, many are forced to take a day off today/tomorrow, and so I wish you all --- the BEST OF DAYS. wave

(and if it really bothers you, just call it the feast day of Jupiter.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. No one is forced to take a day off in Germany. On Christmas Eve the shops and almost everything else closes down at 12 o'clock. December 25 and 26 are public holidays. Some people of course are forced to work. Christmas is so popular in Germany that even many German-Turkish imigrants put a Christmas Tree into their living room as this is not a strictly Christian symbol. (It's a Germanic midwinter night thing.) They even give presents to their children.
    So there is no problem with sticking to traditions or adopt them in your own way without being a believer.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    So there is no problem with sticking to traditions or adopt them in your own way without being a believer.

Good. I was worried, because I'm not entirely sure Santa Clause is real.
  5. Captain, you need to understand that much of what I say isn't serious. Even when it seems like it is, there's a 58% that it isn't. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's not his fault...
  6. Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote

Good. I was worried, because I'm not entirely sure Santa Clause is real.

biggrin applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christmas. I hereby ban any of that politically correct "happy holidays" malarkey.

Quite right! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Merry Christmas everyone. beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Merry Christmas! Let the feats of strength commence with excessive food & drink intake during these jolly holidays. beer

P.S. I am also not a belieber wink
  8. I got some fast food yesterday, for today -- Christmas. And yesterday a package of two used CD's I got, arrived, one being "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

My food order was wrong. All of it. they are, of course, not open today, along with no grocery stores. Now all I got is some candy and cola.

I pop in the CD and it's the first pressing of the new mastering from 2006, that accidently included alternate tracks for some of the cues, so classic pieces I had been waiting to hear, are ruined after decades of knowing the pieces.

That's my Christmas so far! It's not even 7:00 am yet.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Merry Christmas, everyone! Had a somewhat different celebration last night, as my own family had to join my uncle and aunt's family since my parents are refurbishing our kitchen. We were 15 people in total, and I've never seen a bigger pile (MOUNTAIN!) of gifts in my entire life. Half of their living room was covered.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. justin boggan wrote
    I got some fast food yesterday, for today -- Christmas. And yesterday a package of two used CD's I got, arrived, one being "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

My food order was wrong. All of it. they are, of course, not open today, along with no grocery stores. Now all I got is some candy and cola.

I pop in the CD and it's the first pressing of the new mastering from 2006, that accidently included alternate tracks for some of the cues, so classic pieces I had been waiting to hear, are ruined after decades of knowing the pieces.

That's my Christmas so far! It's not even 7:00 am yet.

MCD? KFC? BK? Some diner? Just asking.

Volker
  10. Thor wrote
    Merry Christmas, everyone! I've never seen a bigger pile (MOUNTAIN!) of gifts in my entire life. Half of their living room was covered.

That's good no? smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Merry Christmas everybody! hug
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Merry Christmas, everyone! I've never seen a bigger pile (MOUNTAIN!) of gifts in my entire life. Half of their living room was covered.

That's good no? smile

Yes, if the delivery is fast enough. Fortunately, it only took an hour as the tempo was quite fast. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Merry Christmas, all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013
    Boxing Day is here, and tonight I had planned for myself and a couple of buddies (the last 2-3 single friends who still return to our hometown for Christmas) to get together and hit the town. I even brought a bag full of delicious specialty beers -- including a KWAK! -- and now they're starting to back out? WTF?!

Well, screw them. I've already started my Chimay Blue (a classic) after having had a wonderful The Great Divide Hibernation Ale. I have a classic Sierra Nevada IPA coming up, as well as 0.75 litre Belgian Christmas beer that I've never tried etc.

Cheers!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Your mates loss is your gain! I know it's not quite the same thing, Thunderer, but I've just opened a can and will share a drink, cheers mate drink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Awesome! We're in synch for once! Enjoy your can (that sounded better in my head).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You are in great company with all those beers Thor! Even a Kwak. Wow!

Cheers to you both.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers Bregt! drink <-whisky Cheers Thor! drink bottle of Peroni lager
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's funny. One of my pals just arrived, and he's just finished a Peroni too!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2013 edited
    A friend has arrived? Good man. Cheers to your friend too! drink <-still on peroni wink
  12. Ah, yes, Christmas -- that beautiful time of year you can spend with your family and loved ones, or just alone if you so choose. Unless you work at CVS or Walgreens, 'cause they're open and anybody who wants to keep their job and is scheduled today, is working on Christmas. Perhaps even worse -- they're rather packed.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016
    Merry Christmas, one and all!

Anyone planned anything special this year?

For me, it's just business as usual, so I could basically just copy/paste when I've written in this thread previous years.
    I am extremely serious.
  13. Same here. My sister's family will come from Munich for New Year's Eve, so that I look especially forward to. Great food of course.
    Greetings to all!

Volker