• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I couldn't find a topic, somewhat to my surprise.

I've tended to find his music a bit over the top in DOCTOR WHO (I know that's the point, but hey, you can argue with the point), however having said that, it often sounds like the sort of music that the best parts thereof would resolve into a very nice album? I saw on tv a BBC orchestral performance at the albert hall of highlights from Gold's scoring of the series (why was this sentence cut out in posting?!) and wondered if a recording of this had been released or some equivalent compilation?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012
    Quite s
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I don't u
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Fuc
    I am extremely serious.
  2. What's going on?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012 edited
    You didn't complete your s
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Weird or wh
  3. Shi
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    :biggri
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I can't wait to read Franz's previously unreleased sentence in complete and chronological form. Maybe we'll get an extra paragraph or two. Or at least some alternate thoughts that we have never heard before.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    I can't wait to read Franz's previously unreleased sentence in complete and chronological form. Maybe we'll get an extra paragraph or two. Or at least some alternate thoughts that we have never heard before.

-Erik-

But I believe that it is not one of his A-grade sentences.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Thanks for filling in the blank. (mind the pun) The funny thing is, I could SEE the full paragraph after posting. It was only when I hit 'edit' this morning that it was clear that it wasn't all there. How strange. An unusual forum glitch popped up when I first posted.
  6. [Thor]That's his original paragraph as intended for viewing purposes. Clearly a complete presentation is not needed -- we got enough[/Thor]
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012 edited
    I like the complete presentation of Franz's post. It adds much more to the reading experience. A truncated version of it wouldn't make any sense. And don't tell me that you don't care about the context of the post when you are reading it.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. I sure did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Honestly? I found the original release to be highly entertaining, and suited to my sense of enjoyability. But on the second time around I just couldn't see the added value in getting more of the same.
    Yeah, sure. It's complete now, which I'm sure will delight no end of fans.
    But to me it just wasn't needed.

I'll stick with what I have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It has long tracks and crisp stereo sound so it MUST be good.
  8. It's worth it for the first word alone. Too bad it's missing about three seconds of thought.
  9. Video of a conversation with Murray Gold:

http://guru.bafta.org/murray-gold-conve … -composers
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. I'm surprised there aren't more comments here, considering how good his Doctor Who stuff is.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  11. KevinSmith wrote
    I'm surprised there aren't more comments here, considering how good his Doctor Who stuff is.

Are you? UK-centred, TV scoring and not one of the "in-crowd". Not surprising at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012
  12. Inde
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2013
    The most recent Doctor Who episode (The Rings of Akhaten) featured a very pretty operatic duet finally joined by choir that reminded me of the spectacular track Gold did for a previous season, Abigail's Song. I'm looking forward to the soundtrack for this season.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2013 edited
    Yeah, the piece itself was very nice, but the episode was ridiculous. God, how I miss Russel T. Davies.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2013
    The episode had a lot of things going for it, but the pacing was really off, both for the episode overall and for specific shots. It was kind of distracting. Also somehow something as massive as an evil sun managed to be not scary at all and didn't really go anywhere. (Also the Doctor essentially extinguished the sun at the end. You think that'd at least be a cause for concern environmentally, but no one seemed worried. :P) I don't take Doctor Who too seriously so I still enjoyed it. It'll get back on track eventually.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013 edited
    NP : PROMS ON 4 ( BBC 4 right now )

Murray Gold's new composition to mark 50 years of Doctor Who is to be played.... I'm still waiting. In the meantime some very progressive 20th-21st Century music is being played and some of it is very arresting.

In fact I thought the last piece was superb but I didn't catch the composers name or name of the piece.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2013
    Doctor Who Series 7 soundtrack is out. Nearly 2 and a half hours of music. Whew. "The Long Song" is as epic as I remember from the series. It's really nice that you don't have to worry too much about a good track being excluded from these series. If only everything could get such nice treatment.

http://open.spotify.com/album/5ayYBcqaUZ2Nz2OT397Qu8
  13. Erik Woods wrote
    I like the complete presentation of Franz's post. It adds much more to the reading experience. A truncated version of it wouldn't make any sense. And don't tell me that you don't care about the context of the post when you are reading it.

-Erik-

This whole riff still makes me laugh. biggrin