• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2012
    Excellent!

St. Georges is one of my favourite music venues, very intimate and excellent accoustics, the concert was short, about 2 hours and it was only two of them on stage, Michel Legrand on piano and his wife Catherine on harp, the play list was all film music starting with The Windmills of Your Mind and His Eyes Her Eyes ( both from THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR ) plus music from Yentl, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Summer of 42 and Brian's Song and others I don't remember the titles of, the playing was sublime and Mel & I were mesmerised for the whole two hours, great stuff.

I did keep an eye out to see if you were there but obviously you were otherwise engaged wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012 edited
    Glad you enjoyed it! A pity it wasn't a MT meet in the end, but it's not easy to arrange.

Don't know many scores by him, but I really like the Thomas Crown Affair. The fabulous song was once performed in Ghent, when the song writers won a Lifetife Achievement Award as part of the WSA.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012 edited
    It wouldn't have been an easy MT meet and I wasn't even sure if I could go until nearly the last day. The ( co- ) song writers are Alan & Marilyn Bergman, Legrand had very high praise for them, in fact both the Legrand's were very warm, and funny too, there was an incident with a broken harp string where Catherine stopped the concert so she could fix it with both of them having light hearted banter with the audience, as I said before it's a very intimate venue and we were sat a mere ten feet ( 3 meters ) from Legrand's piano.

The only downside was that I didn't get my THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR boolet signed by him as they left immediately the concert was finished. Talking to other people this wouldn't have been a problem if I'd gone to the talk he gave at arts venue The Watershed earlier that day but I had other commitments, oh well, c'est la vie.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt