• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012
    Hehe, searching google for tattoo music notation is fun. (I do see some horrible things though...)

But now I have to go to work. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shocked

Like like like like. devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012 edited
    Actually just spent an hour on my new score notation program to manage this (How did that happen? It's just 5 goddamn notes! angry ). slant
    Oh well. Steep learning curves for teh win. biggrin

I still feel highly uncomfortable being an active party to this automutilation, but what can I do?
    At least I am comforted by the consideration that my inherent great tolerance and love for those whose tastes and opinions differ from mine obviously make this world a better place.
    dalek

Oh, and honestly it's not the first five notes of Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.
    I swear.

Guess who's not gonna be able to sleep tonight? biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Incidentally, upon close inspection you'll find that I left out the numerics over the notes that were present in the small version.

Reason for that is that I found these represented piano finger settings rather than octave notations (as I fiirst thought) and so are meaningless to a graphical notation, or indeed for a score notation for any instrument other than piano.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shocked

Thanks Martijn! You will forever be remembered as the proprietor of my automutilation. punk

Martijn wrote
    Guess who's not gonna be able to sleep tonight? biggrin

biggrin

I'm not that musically [theory] inept!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    I have always wanted a bass clef on my shoulder. I play tuba and bass guitar. I love music so it would be a fitting a tattoo for me. The problem is that colors on a skin look terrible and will fade over time.

I am still looking for a good necklace or bracelet with a bass clef. I still have nout found it yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Caliburn wrote
    I have always wanted a bass clef on my shoulder.

Do it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wonder if there's enough room on a body to ink the complete works of Mozart?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Challenge accepted!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I thought you would. We'll have to set up an MT fund because it'll cost and find a tattooist with no work on his cards for a year or two.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Depending on how this one goes, I might put the second one up for a vote. wink (Martijn will approve of course. biggrin kiss )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Impress your Jewish friends by having John Williams in Hebrew?
  1. צ'ון וויליאמס

Simple wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ash nazg durbatu...what now? uhm
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    צ'ון וויליאמס

Simple wink

...and to impress his Tibetan friends with ancient sanskrit?
  2. That's "John Williams" in Hebrew wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know that, now don't try worming yer way out of the sanskrit translation.
  3. Steven. just make sure that, wherever you have it done, there are no skin blemishes in the area. You don't want any "bum notes".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I approve of Alan's post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2012
    I got a quote for it today: £130. So I'll have to save up a bit (while not spending :/) then get it done. Yay thanks Martijn! Yay! cheesy