• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012
    So as we mentioned elsewhere, the two concerts in August are now confirmed:

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/pe … fm?id=4879

So the question is, who is going?

I've long told myself that "THIS is it!" (a la the Michael Jackson concert), but some fairly recent financial considerations have made the chances slim. I will probably use about $3500 on such a trip (all included), and that's too much right now. But maybe I can borrow the money from somewhere, I don't know. I'll probably make a final decision in March.

If more people are going, maybe there could be a group of some sort? If not share hotel rooms, then maybe share a rental car or something (I understand that public transportation in LA is basically non-existant)?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am strongly considering it. I would make it part of an extended trip to California with Mrs S - it wouldn't be fair on her to turn more than one day of it into a film music thing (since she's not really into it) but it would be wonderful to have a big get-together if enough people are interested.

It looks like the flights would be about £600 each for us, then add in the hotels and the spending money and it would be an expensive trip, but to see Williams one last time (and no doubt have a great holiday in California) I think it would be worth it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012 edited
    Yes, one would need to be there for more than just the concert, even though that is major attraction (unlike yourself, I've never seen Williams live before, and I don't know how many more chances I'll get).

As it happens, there's also a big FSM get-together that I would absolutely love to attend....although I should probably have bodyguards, and that's where you MT'ers come in! smile

I would probably also need a week in LA and the surrounding area. When I first thought about this trip last year, I had initially wanted to have a few days in NY too (either on my way over or back, since that's where I'll have to change flights) -- but as it happens now, I think I'll have to postpone NY for later. One should really have a full week there too. So a minimum of 1 1/2 week, then, with travel included.

With layover, it's about 16-17 hours trip from Norway, which is loooooong.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Southall wrote
    It looks like the flights would be about £600 each for us, then add in the hotels and the spending money and it would be an expensive trip, but to see Williams one last time (and no doubt have a great holiday in California) I think it would be worth it.

Perhaps a return to the Bill Bixby Memorial Bridge would be in order!
  2. I maybe will go. If I am going (at least there are other SST members who will go), I am also going to the David Newman concert on sunday. The SST members will go to the concert on saturday. Because of my other plans this year I need to see how I can do it financially (other gatherings planned this year are in Cracow, Ghent and Wellington)
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    SiriusCreations wrote
    other gatherings planned this year are in Cracow, Ghent and Wellington

Madness!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Wellington where? New Zealand?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    This would make for an awesome 10th wedding anniversary vacation for me and the wife!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Have you seen Williams in concert before Erik? I don't remember. I only saw him the once and that was 32 YEARS AGO!!! flash shocked flash ....to think, he was younger then than I am now. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Never seen Williams in concert! It's been a life long dream!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

Hopefully the one in Shropshire! It would make a very fine place for a film music gathering, and is only two miles from where I live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Southall wrote

Perhaps a return to the Bill Bixby Memorial Bridge would be in order!

That would, in fact, be the highlight of the trip.
  3. Timmer wrote

Yep Wellington, New Zealand for the 1st Pacific Gathering. Celebrating New Year's eve.

For complete list see StreamingSoundTracks.COM 'Meet & Greet' World Tour 2011-2013
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Never seen Williams in concert! It's been a life long dream!

-Erik-

For the past 4 years I have visited the concert in the Bowl. It is a great to see and hear it.
    If you come, be sure you can be there on friday morning at the rehearsal. I think it will be open for public again like the other years. A few weeks before the concert I can contact the organizers and then they can say if the rehearsal is open for public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2012
    I've been thinking about it. This could be one of the few opportunities for a MainTitles meeting oversees. I'll see what you all come up with and decide.
    Kazoo
  5. OK I have decided to go. Still need to do some planning, but if nothing grzay happens I will be there. For the concert on Saturday. But I will be in town before friday, because I think there will be an open rehearsal on friday morning again. Six weeks before the event I can contact the Bowl organization to ask if there is an open rehearsal. Other SST members will be there too, but it would be nice to meet Maintitles members as well
    Off topic
    On sunday David Newman will conduct The Big Picture: Paramount’s 100th Anniversary. I will be there too.
    /Off topic
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012
    That's cool, Sirius. Again, I won't be able to make any decisions before March, at the earliest.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. That is ok. I will here if you or any other MT members will come.
  7. even though I would love to go, financially it will be a serious risky adventure. Again, will decide later on but for now financially it's a trip I can't afford myself to make.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012
    I am thinking of going. It is one chance in a lifetime.
  8. Caliburn wrote
    I am thinking of going. It is one chance in a lifetime.

cool

Indeed something you have to experience at least one time (Although maybe next year you will do anything to see if you can come again, I did that the last 4 years dizzy )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012
    Right. Definitely going. Going to book the flights soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012
    Olright!

I'm gonna ask some friends to join me afterwards for some Yosemite and San Fransisco visits. Jordi was already convinced.

Erik, Tom, would you also be coming?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    There's a possibility that I might be there too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stop it already!

I won't have a financial overview of the year untill March, at the earliest. This is making me frustrated!

For Odin!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012 edited
    Already made up my mind, I will be going with a vacation afterwards
  9. It is still far far away but we on SST are already brainstorming. When the group is large enough we can make a reservation for a picnic table before the concert. We are even thinking of inviting one or more composers, like Richard Gibbs, who we already have contact with (not about this event thought), to the picnic or the dinner we will probably planning on friday evening.

Let me know if you want to join the combined MainTitles / SST meeting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    I'm working hard to find and get in touch with Williams' publicist -- in an effort to maybe get a brief interview or at least meet him. It doesn't look good, though. He's about as accessible as a God.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    I'm working hard to find and get in touch with Williams' publicist -- in an effort to maybe get a brief interview or at least meet him. It doesn't look good, though. He's about as accessible as a God.

Yep I contacted John's personal assistant the last two years to see if we could do something with are SST members. He responded that policy is that John will not have meet and greets at the Bowl concerts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    I have the idea that I'm quite accessible? But apparently not. Need to work on that.
    Kazoo