• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. OK little bit lost track

Who is coming to this event (and are not part of the SST Labor Day Gathering event?)
    Some us SSters are also going to the FFM event and we are still working on a possible SST Composer(s) Meet and Greet on sunday.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  2. So new info about our SST Composers Meet and Greet on Sunday:

Composers who were invited and have acknowledged their presence are:
    -Christopher Young
    -Ryan Shore
    -George Shaw
    -Reinhold Heil

This listing is not finalized yet and depending on the guests agenda.

More details:
    John Williams and David Newman - Hollywood Bowl - Sept 1-2
  3. Only 1 week now.... \o/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Only 1 week now.... \o/

And just 3 days to departure, at least for me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    Wow. Keep us updated now and then eh. Have a great trip you all. punk
    Kazoo
  4. yeah, I hope you all have a wonderful time
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Rehearsal is open for public it starts at fridaymorning 9.30 am.
    If you want to join us, we will depart around 9 am from our hotel (BLVD Hotel, 2010 N. Highland Ave, Hollywood).
    If you go there on your own, our seats will be somewhere on the lower right corner (if still available) from the stage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2012
    About to leave home... next stop, John Williams.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    shame <--envy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorzond0
    Timmer wrote
    shame <--envy

Me too. We can stand together and be envious. shame
    Those who have a why to live for can overcome almost any how. -Nietzsche
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012
    Yeap! smile I look forward to hearing their reports.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and standing together and beinging envious. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn, forgot all about the rehearsal thingie.

Oh well, it's not like there would be a chance to meet Williams anyway.

Had a great couple of days so far, in sweltering heat. Seen IRIS in the Kodak Theatre (greatest live performance I've ever seen!), been to a film poster restorator in the valley, been to Paramount Studios, hiked up to the Griffith Observatory and seen the sunset & the Hollywood sign and a magnificent view of nightlit LA. Today, Nils and I will go to downtown and then to Henry from FSM for the meetandgreet tonight.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Great to hear that you are having a great time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, that sounds all quite awesome! punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds brilliant, I look forward to hearing more. beer
  7. Have a fantastic time James, Thor and anyone else that's going. I've seen Williams at Tanglewood the last two summers and both times it was an absolute treat. Wish I could be there this weekend but I look forward to hearing about it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012
    Really enjoyed the concert, and meeting Thor and many others. The Hollywood Bowl is such a great venue, obviously an amplified outdoor concert isn't anything like a proper concert hall but the atmosphere (and sheer number of people) was so great. Nice selections played too, occasionally straying away from the usual fare:

Olympic Fanfare and Theme
    Song for World Peace
    The Olympic Spirit
    War Horse
    The Adventures of Tintin ("the Duel")
    Tango from Scent of a Woman
    Schindler's List ("remembrance")
    Fiddler on the Roof
    Laura (Raksin)

Superman
    Raiders of the Lost Ark ("Marion's Theme")
    Call of the Champions (w/ choir, also next two pieces)
    Amistad
    "Duel of the Fates"
    ET (the full fifteen minute, unedited "Adventure on Earth")

"Luke and Leia"
    Star Wars main title
    The Imperial March
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2012
    Southall wrote
    Raiders of the Lost Ark ("Marion's Theme")

Ooooh. The concert version? Someone has to record this.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2012 edited
    Saturday was a real rollercoaster experience for me, meaning lots of ups and downs. First I forgot my cell phone in the hotel's computer room (downer), then it was the FFM gathering and meeting of composers (up), then I forgot and presumably lost my camera at the Garland hotel (downer), then there was the Williams concert & meeting Southall and co. (up), then during the night I got immense cramps in my leg (downer), then the next day I -- amazingly -- got both my cell phone and camera back!! (HUGE up).

Whew.

This is my last day in Hollywood. Now it's off to Catalina Island for a few days of relaxing and hiking (legs permitting).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2012
    Thor, I know it is irrelevant but how did you get the phone and camera back? Those things disappear and are never to be found againg...you were lucky !!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Thor, I know it is irrelevant but how did you get the phone and camera back? Those things disappear and are never to be found againg...you were lucky !!!

Indeed. I was EXTREMELY lucky (for once)!! The cell phone at the motel, in particular, which hosts lots of weird guests and backpackers. Camera too, even though that was at a more upscale hotel, so less chance of someone stealing it.

Both could be picked up in the respective receptions, however, so someone with a conscience apparently found them and delivered them to the staff.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. glad you got them back smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Glad to hear that Thor beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I saw Anton's video of the star wars concert with waving lightsabers (LOL) looked great!

Thor putting new meaning to lost & found biggrin good to hear you got your stuff back.
  9. Glad to hear the things are going well (eventually in some cases), Thor.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What a pity you got that awful camera back. biggrin

Glad you are enjoying it so much! Keep us updated now and then.

Also, cheap hostel/motel like accommodations do not usually attract more thieves than expensive hotels. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012
    Bregt wrote

biggrin biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    Bregt wrote

Glad you are enjoying it so much! Keep us updated now and then.

Also, cheap hostel/motel like accommodations do not usually attract more thieves than expensive hotels. tongue

Actually, the camera was a brand new one, a Canon S-95 -- a top compact camera (just recently being replaced by the S-100). But the loss of the photos would have been almost as bad.

In any case, I just got home after 20 hours of travelling. Terribly jetlagged already, and I still have a whole day to get through here in Norway (even though I'm still on LA time, which is 2 AM, and should have gone to bed a long time ago).

Will post more later.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    I always start shifting time zones (i.e. adapting to the time zone of arrival) the minute I get on the plane. It tends to help!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn