• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'm working hard to find and get in touch with Williams' publicist -- in an effort to maybe get a brief interview or at least meet him. It doesn't look good, though. He's about as accessible as a God.

Yep I contacted John's personal assistant the last two years to see if we could do something with are SST members. He responded that policy is that John will not have meet and greets at the Bowl concerts.

Well, it wouldn't be a 'meet-and-greet'. More like an interview like I had with Goldenthal in Ghent. But JW is in a whole other league, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I want to go theeeeeeeeeeeeeeere , with you guys!

I want to visit San Francisco too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Be sure to wear a flower in your hair.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012
    Thor wroteWell, it wouldn't be a 'meet-and-greet'. More like an interview like I had with Goldenthal in Ghent. But JW is in a whole other league, of course.

Pfft interviews are boring, I prefer drinking beer with them and have some laughs ;-)
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012
    I intend on going.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012
    So how's the tally on this now? Who's going from maintitles -- more or less confirmed?

tjguitar
    Southall
    Nautilus
    SiriusCreations
    Caliburn
    Erik Woods(?)
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012
    I'm out for sure!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012 edited
    Oh....too bad, Erik.

By the way, I'm in contact with the Hollywood Bowl in order to get press accreditation. She won't be able to tell untill mid May.

Seems crazy to do that when I'm not even sure I'm going, but better to be well prepared and opt out than to do nothing at all.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012 edited
    I'm hoping you get there Thor, it'd be a shame if you never got to see your idol and to be frankly honest, Williams won't have too many more concerts in him even if he lives another 20 years.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Here you can follow 'our' program on SST John Williams and David Newman - Hollywood Bowl - Sept 1-2

On Facebook I created an event:
    SST Labor Day Weekend Meeting

Of course MainTitles members are more than welcome.

As SST organisation we are planning to contact / already in contact to some composers to have a Meet and Greet at our Dinner party or Picnic table before the concert.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012
    Thor wrote
    So how's the tally on this now? Who's going from maintitles -- more or less confirmed?

tjguitar
    Southall
    Nautilus
    SiriusCreations
    Caliburn
    Erik Woods(?)

I am still be going, but will be wearing my SST shirt. ;-)
  2. btw. if you want to join the SST group, we can arrange group tickets. You can order them through our SST thread, or let me know. I will contac our LA member who is going to order the tickets somewhere in May. Normally we have tickets somewhere up on the benches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012 edited
    I have decided. I'm going!

Will be ordering airplane tickets next week, and then I have a ton of research after that (about LA, surrounding areas, how to get around, hotels etc.).

I'll be going August 28th, because I need some days in advance to counter jeg lag (the trip takes almost 17 hours each way, so when I go to bed in LA, it's basically morning the day after in my timeline). Then there's the Williams/FSM weekend, and then I haven't decided after that. I'll probably be returning on 9/11 (knock on wood).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2012
    Good for you Thor, I'm glad you are able to go! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

Too bad you couldn't come, though. sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I know. Can't do it all. What put me off most are the high season prices.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    I know. Can't do it all. What put me off most are the high season prices.

Currently, there are airplane tickets for about 660 Euro from Norway (return ticket). Not too bad, but obviously expensive in itself. Accomodation is how you make of it...there should be some cheap motels and stuff in LA and surroundings.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor good to hear that. Contact me if you need more information and let us know if you will join some of the SST Labour Day Weekend Meeting events on SST
  4. Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

I'm glad you'll be able to see your God. God I want to be there too, but financially it's just not possible.

At least I can call Bregt, let him come to my apartment, put up all sorts of John Williams soundtracks and try to create that same feeling tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

I'm glad you'll be able to see your God. God I want to be there too, but financially it's just not possible.

At least I can call Bregt, let him come to my apartment, put up all sorts of John Williams soundtracks and try to create that same feeling tongue

Who will air conduct?
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

Who will air conduct?

good question, I'll ask him the next time I see him smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FANTASTIC! Good to see your dream finally taking solid shape Thor punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012
    Airplane tickets ordered! There's no going back now.

Arriving August 28th, returning September 12th. I considered going back 9/11, but assumed it would be even more waiting in security control then, so took the next day instead.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012 edited
    By the way, at this point it would be REALLY useful to know for sure which maintitles members are going (beyond James and his missus), and who are on the fence.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Certainly ask Jordi and Marcel. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I remember talking to Marcel a bit about this while we were hiking in the Belgian wilderness in Ghent last year (while Jordi spent all his energy swearing and yelling at the mud and at Bregt!), and we both talked about really trying to go this year. So what did you end up with, Marcel?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'd contact them directly (FB/e-mail) as they're both busy living and work.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Pfft....living and working, who has time for that?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
    Our flights are booked! London - LA on 30th August, Las Vegas - London on 16th September.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
    I'm jealous!
    Kazoo