• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Actually, they are very fair about it, and have historically not voted for things they worked on just because they worked on it.

If a product they produced on is nominated, they don't get to vote in that category in the final round of voting. In the initial voting round, their votes are just two of more than 50+ people, and have no statistical influence on the nominee count. Besides, do you really think that George Clooney doesn't vote for himself at the Oscars? wink
  2. It might be a bit extreme to say they're in the pocket of the record industry. dizzy I seem to recall the IFMCA usually has a bit of discretion about this -- I don't think Mikael C ever voted in any category because of conflict of interest, even though he started the whole thing. If those guys are voting on their own stuff though, that's not a good look.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    If those guys are voting on their own stuff though, that's not a good look.

They're not. It's all fine.
  4. Jon Broxton wrote
    Actually, they are very fair about it, and have historically not voted for things they worked on just because they worked on it.

If a product they produced on is nominated, they don't get to vote in that category in the final round of voting. In the initial voting round, their votes are just two of more than 50+ people, and have no statistical influence on the nominee count. Besides, do you really think that George Clooney doesn't vote for himself at the Oscars? wink

Um. Did you just say they don't vote in one round, they do in another, and in that other round their votes don't matter? dizzy
  5. Haha, no not quite. Everyone votes in the nominee round, and if someone votes for something they worked on, it doesn't matter because the statistical probability of their one vote directly influencing the final list of nominees is so negligible as to be irrelevant.

However; if something one of our members worked on gets nominated, then they are not allowed to vote in that category during the winners vote. However, on the couple of occasions that has happened, the member in question has voluntarily abstained from voting anyway, so as not to have a conflict of interest. It's all very much above board.
  6. Jon Broxton wrote
    It's all very much above board.

Certainly above this board. wink