• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2012 edited
    Yes I have other passions beside film music biggrin and photography is one of them. I am mostly a landscape photographer which go hand in hand with my love for mountains. What I like the most is to capture that beautiful sunset/sunrise light. You can see some of my work here:

http://500px.com/cristianlee/photos
    www.cristianlee.com
    http://1x.com/#!/artist/cristianlee/photos

What other maintitles members are interested in photography?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2012
    Very impressive. There's quite a few of us at this board with interest in photography.

What kind of equipment are you using?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wow, they're excellent. Very professional.

I too am a fan of this type of photography!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Amazing work, Christian. Your pictures are very colorful... is that "out of the box", or boosted in Photoshop/Lightroom etc. afterwards? This one's my favorite: http://500px.com/photo/1226095
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Artworks wrote
    is that "out of the box", or boosted in Photoshop/Lightroom etc. afterwards?

I was wondering the exact same thing!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Timmer wrote
    Very impressive. There's quite a few of us at this board with interest in photography.

What kind of equipment are you using?

Thanks. I use a Nikon D80 with 18-70mm & 50 mm 1.8 Nikkor lenses + a polarizer filter (very important in landscape photography)

Steven wrote

Wow, they're excellent. Very professional.

I too am a fan of this type of photography!

Thank you. I'm glad you like them.

Artworks wrote
    Amazing work, Christian. Your pictures are very colorful... is that "out of the box", or boosted in Photoshop/Lightroom etc. afterwards? This one's my favorite: http://500px.com/photo/1226095

Thanks. That photo is also my favorite.

I shot RAW and then I use Lightroom for post processing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2012 edited
    Really gorgeous photos!

Cristian wrote

I'm into bird photography. I don't have great equipment, yet, but some of my photos do look almost professional.

Both are photography hobbies, but I think they carry very different challenges. With birds it's about researching, hunting, sneaking, hiding, waiting and reacting quickly when there's action; plus there's alot of coincidence involved. With landscape photography it's probably more about having an artistic and unique visual sense and an ability to seek out interesting locations when the light is just right.

Peter smile
  1. I am interested in photography, but I don't do it enough and I can't edit for shit.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012 edited
    Bregt wrote
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE!?

I live in Romania.

plindboe wrote

Really gorgeous photos!

I'm into bird photography. I don't have great equipment, yet, but some of my photos do look almost professional.

Both are photography hobbies, but I think they carry very different challenges. With birds it's about researching, hunting, sneaking, hiding, waiting and reacting quickly when there's action; plus there's alot of coincidence involved. With landscape photography it's probably more about having an artistic and unique visual sense and an ability to seek out interesting locations when the light is just right.

Peter smile

Thank you Peter, I'm glad you like my photos.

I agree with you about bird and landscape photography. Bird photography is also more expensive. You need a telephoto lens like 300mm, 400mm, 500mm, 600mm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012
    Cristian wrote
    Yes I have other passions beside film music biggrin and photography is one of them. I am mostly a landscape photographer which go hand in hand with my love for mountains. What I like the most is to capture that beautiful sunset/sunrise light. You can see some of my work here:

http://500px.com/cristianlee/photos
    www.cristianlee.com
    http://1x.com/#!/artist/cristianlee/photos

Whenever you have a question about photography ask as I've been involved in taking pictures since 1964. I still have my first real camera which is a Nikon 'F' (no meter). I had my own darkroom and was involved with 8x10 photography for many years. The quality of this black and white material has never been duplicated in digital in my opinion. Color of course is another story. The sharpest lens I ever owned was a 50mm Summicron f2.0 on a Leica M4. I have stuff that I did with Panatomic X (asa 32) that you wouldn't believe was 35mm photography. PM me if you have any questions.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012 edited
    Cristian wrote
    Thank you Peter, I'm glad you like my photos.

smile

The "Beautiful light in the valley" in particular is just dreamy. I want a huge poster with that shot in my bedroom. It's otherworldly.

Cristian wrote
    I agree with you about bird and landscape photography. Bird photography is also more expensive. You need a telephoto lens like 300mm, 400mm, 500mm, 600mm.

Very true, I use my gf's camera when I'm in England, and that has a 300mm zoom lens, and I always use it fully extended. The birds are almost always too far away! Have to buy an 500mm fixed length lens at least.

The gf, who's a professional wedding photographer, just tried to take some blue tits that's feeding on her balcony and she finds it impossible to get a good shot even though they're right there in front of her. She said bird photography must be the most difficult area of photography. Don't know about that though. I think all forms of photography require different skills.

Btw, is 500px the best, free place to store a collection of photos? Or are there other interesting places you can recommend?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012
    Nice Cristian!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Btw, is 500px the best, free place to store a collection of photos? Or are there other interesting places you can recommend?
    Peter smile

500px.com and 1x.com are the best. A lot of amazing and inspirational photos on both sites. I like very much the look of 500px.com and the thumbnails are big. The difference between 500px and 1x is that to publish a photo on 1x.com you have to submit it to professional curators and they decide if the photo is good enough to publish it (to maintain high quality photos).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012
    Not asking for myself but a friend who is getting into post-processing: does anyone have any experience with good manuals, beginner's guides, online courses or what have you, for Adobe Lightroom?

Apparently it's a brilliant processing program, but it is hugely counter intuitive (maybe not when you're an experienced Photoshop user or photographer, but my friend tells me the first start is hugely intimidating).

I'm really looking for some people with hands-on experience. I did find some material online myself, but being neither a photographer OR an editor, I couldn't say if these are any good. So I would really appreciate some advice from people with first hand experience.

wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2012
    Lightroom is what most photographers use for the finishing of photos; it's brilliant. Adobe's built-in manual is a pretty good and detailed place to start with it. I have personally little experience with it but all of it has been great so far.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012
    WOW!

That's brilliant, Cristian!

Thanks so much! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012 edited
    I added new photos at 500px.com

http://500px.com/cristianlee

Most of them are taken in Bucegi Mountains, a place I love very much.

Enjoy smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012
    I'd like to see them Cristian, but your link is not working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Eh...... WOW! shocked

Those photos of Bucegi Mountains are great, almost surreal!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stunning Cristian, really stunning! I may have asked this before but I presume you're using filters? Polarizing etc.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Bregje wrote
    Eh...... WOW! shocked

Those photos of Bucegi Mountains are great, almost surreal!!

Thank you Bregje, I'm glad you like them.

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Timmer wrote
    Stunning Cristian, really stunning! I may have asked this before but I presume you're using filters? Polarizing etc.

Thank you Timmer, I know you also like mountains. Yes, I use a polarizing filter. It's very useful in landscape photography.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cristian wrote
    Timmer wrote

Thank you Timmer, I know you also like mountains. Yes, I use a polarizing filter it's very useful in landscape photography.

Thank you for your patience Cristian, I didn't have very far to look in this thread to see that you answered my question before....if I had looked in the first place rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I should be able to put pictures of my own up soon now that I've got ( borrowed ) a scanner, the hard bit is the thought of having to go through litterally thousands of slides.
  2. Great photos Cristian.

I spent some time trying to see if I could somehow create HDR-styled photos with my camera. But I couldn't bracket enough to make it work.

But now my phone camera has an HDR setting and I am keen to see how well it performs.

Have you tried HDR?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Spectacular scenery in your country, and very well made photos. Is this all close to where you live then?

Lets see what you can do with the medieval buildings of Ghent! wink
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Spectacular scenery in your country, and very well made photos. Is this all close to where you live then?

Lets see what you can do with the medieval buildings of Ghent! wink

and beers wink

but amazing pictures indeed, it are almost paintings, so surreal shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh