• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Great photos Cristian.

I spent some time trying to see if I could somehow create HDR-styled photos with my camera. But I couldn't bracket enough to make it work.

But now my phone camera has an HDR setting and I am keen to see how well it performs.

Have you tried HDR?

Yes HDR photos are fun to create. I bracket 3 exposures: -2 underexposed, normal exposure, + 2 overexposed and then I use Photomatix to make a HDR image. After that I finish it in Lightroom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Bregt wrote
    Spectacular scenery in your country, and very well made photos. Is this all close to where you live then?

Lets see what you can do with the medieval buildings of Ghent! wink

Bucegi Mountains are 2 hours away by train from where I live.

I can't wait to photograph medieval buildings of Ghent! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Spectacular scenery in your country, and very well made photos. Is this all close to where you live then?

Lets see what you can do with the medieval buildings of Ghent! wink

and beers wink

but amazing pictures indeed, it are almost paintings, so surreal shocked

Beers lick

beer
  1. Cristian wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Great photos Cristian.

I spent some time trying to see if I could somehow create HDR-styled photos with my camera. But I couldn't bracket enough to make it work.

But now my phone camera has an HDR setting and I am keen to see how well it performs.

Have you tried HDR?

Yes HDR photos are fun to create. I bracket 3 exposures: -2 underexposed, normal exposure, + 2 overexposed and then I use Photomatix to make a HDR image. After that I finish it in Lightroom.

My own camera isn't that adaptable. I can't bracket more than +/-1 so the images that I have made in the past haven't been much different from ordinary photos.

My phone on the other hand does quite well and seems to be able to align the three images so that the end result is quite good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Cristian wrote

And we can't wait to see what you make of them.
    E.
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012
    Cristian wrote

Plenty of them in Ghent, bring an extra battery smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Marselus wrote
    Cristian wrote

Plenty of them in Ghent, bring an extra battery smile

bring one battery for the medieval buildings, another one for all the different types of beer we can offer you wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012
    My latest work:

http://500px.com/cristianlee

If you like autumn colors, forest & mountain streams then you should take a look.

Enjoy!

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012
    Enjoying all the pictures, Cristian. My gf is very impressed with them, and hopes that she will be able to take landscape pictures as amazing and professional looking as those. She does alot of arty pics, macro stuff, models and stuff with slow shutter speeds, and works on them in Lightroom (I'm a huge fan of this program too).

Your pictures requires tons of hiking and research, I can imagine?

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    Exceptional! Fabulous pics Cristian beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Enjoying all the pictures, Cristian. My gf is very impressed with them, and hopes that she will be able to take landscape pictures as amazing and professional looking as those. She does alot of arty pics, macro stuff, models and stuff with slow shutter speeds, and works on them in Lightroom (I'm a huge fan of this program too).

Your pictures requires tons of hiking and research, I can imagine?

Peter smile

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my photos.

Indeed landscape photography requires a lot of hiking, research and most importantly a lot of patience. First you have to find a great location and then you should keep coming back when the weather and light is great.
    Sometimes you really have to find the most remote location for a great photo but this is the part of the fun in landscape photography.

Does your girlfriend have a photoblog or a site where she post the photos?
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Exceptional! Fabulous pics Cristian beer

Thank you, Timmer! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012
    I want to hike over there too!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    My best photo yet, please vote if you like it smile

http://1x.com/photoawards/vote/810ad566 … a536d5615a

It's for a contest 1x Photo Awards 2012.

Thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    Cristian wrote

http://1x.com/photoawards/vote/810ad566 … a536d5615a

It's for a contest 1x Photo Awards 2012.

Thank you.

LORD OF THE RINGS, go home! THIS is what we're talkin' about!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012
    Your photos are wonderful Cristian. I enjoyed the ones you posted on facebook a lot as well.
    I will vote!
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Cristian wrote
    Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my photos.

Indeed landscape photography requires a lot of hiking, research and most importantly a lot of patience. First you have to find a great location and then you should keep coming back when the weather and light is great.
    Sometimes you really have to find the most remote location for a great photo but this is the part of the fun in landscape photography.

I can imagine. It sounds like a fascinating hobby, since each photo basically requires you to go on an adventure far from civilization. Lots of memories attached to each picture I'm sure.

Cristian wrote
    Does your girlfriend have a photoblog or a site where she post the photos?

Yes, she has become quite obsessed with flickr (see her photostream here). She doesn't take breathtaking landscape pics like yours (few do), but she is very good with colour, composition and does lots of funny editing and experiments. She has also convinced me to start with flickr. I only have 3 pictures up right now; the owl isn't too great quality wise, but it's a very rare bird that I'm thrilled I got. I plan to upload many more. If you have constructive criticism, I welcome it, as I still have alot to learn.

Cristian wrote

Yes, I think it's my favourite of yours. A vote from me.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've run out of superlatives for your photography, this one gets my vote too cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt