• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2012
    Not bad, not bad At all. Great musical selection !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    How is the movie? Has anyone seen it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bob has.
  1. And just look how happy Bob is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5fYm4Pcdc
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Who knows how much Hanan Townsend music is in the film, but ...
    http://www.terrencemalick.org/2012/10/0 … he-wonder/
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
    Interesting! I'm sure the texture / atmospheric cues were indeed by him (not very impressive; it does what it needs to do, which is basically creating a certain mood within the film that could've been described as sound design), and apparently classical pieces that were re-recorded by him (sounds logic - it all sounded very crisp), but I didn't really spot music other than classical pieces, to be honest. Curious what his cues were - and very much interested in a soundtrack release!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2012
    Terrence Malick's TO THE WONDER gets a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csstykAO … e=youtu.be

Let me tell you up front that this trailer does not evoke the spirit of the film, which is very haunting, slow burning and contemplative, as opposed to the fast-cut, scored-with-big-dramatic-music trailer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see this movie now!!!!!

Finally I see some scenes from this movie. Beautiful!
  3. I can see what you mean bob. It's hard to imagine the film is that bombastic. Even the voice over feels a bit loud because of that music.

Even so, I want to see it. (Maybe its the only film bear release i want to see?) But I'm glad to hear from someone whose seen the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for the link and thanks for the confirmation that it's not as conventional as the trailer suggests, Bob. Great to see the fluttering curtains and straws waving. Wouldn't be a Malick film without them! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  4. It's weird having a bond villains voice over the whole thing.
  5. Interview with the composer, and Malick on the film's score:
    http://www.terrencemalick.org/2012/10/0 … he-wonder/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Look up. wink
  7. Gorramit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012 edited
    Love the beach at Mont Saint Michel, a wonder!

My first thought was an alternative trailer for Tree of Life: people rolling in grass, people waving their hands through wheat fields, lens flares, voice over, a reference to something devine, a flower and a living bird, a cactus, a happy dolphin, ... and then suddenly I recognized Ben Affleck. uhm Since this trailer is no indication for the movie, I hope Ben Affleck is also not in the movie?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012
    Needs more explosions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012
    Steven wrote
    Needs more explosions.

And dinosaurs!
    I am extremely serious.
  8. What? No sharks with freakin' lasers attached to their heads?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote
    Needs more explosions.

And dinosaurs!

I approve of this post!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012 edited
    We are so lucky that we have another Terrence Malick' movie so soon. And there is more: Knight of Cups, Voyage of Time and an Untitled Terrence Malick Project are waiting for 2013. Gone are the years when you have to wait 20 years for him to make another movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012
    Thank God he found ways and will to do regularly movies again ! I.e came out of his cave...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012 edited
    Awesome trailer, tree of life 2.0 but still very very promising. Javier is very captivating.i guess Terence's new muses are redheads wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012 edited
    Hey Bob, I forgot to say:

When I did a news story on the trailer for TO THE WONDER recently, I quoted you in the article -- under the title of a 'Dutch colleague'. Hope that was OK:

http://montages.no/nyheter/terrence-mal … he-wonder/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012
    Thor, no problem. If you need more comments from me, let me know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2013 edited
    Ah, yes! Here's the French trailer of the film that is a LOT more faithful to the mood, style and bilingual quality of TO THE WONDER (so no special dubs for the French market here, it's all as it is in the film), as opposed to the UK trailer. If you want to get a grip on what to expect from this, head over to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 1klYGeC24o

Sure, the editing is still pretty fast paced, but hey, it's a trailer, and it's a lot less jarring than in the previous one.
  9. Nice use of max richter music. I definitely feel more like watching this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013
    BobdH wrote
    Ah, yes! Here's the French trailer of the film that is a LOT more faithful to the mood, style and bilingual quality of TO THE WONDER (so no special dubs for the French market here, it's all as it is in the film), as opposed to the UK trailer. If you want to get a grip on what to expect from this, head over to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 1klYGeC24o

Sure, the editing is still pretty fast paced, but hey, it's a trailer, and it's a lot less jarring than in the previous one.

Any Max Richter in the actual film's soundtrack?
  10. I don't remember any being on the full cue list. Richter's albums are pretty popular for trailer music so it's not surprising to see one referenced here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2013
    Loved this trailer...
  11. It's a beauty, isn't it.