• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : OSCAR & LUCINDA - Thomas Newman

Superb!

I have never heard this!

Alan, give this a listen. One of Newman's most sublime pieces.

Peter smile

That track in particular is just sublime.

That does sound rather good!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012
    NP: THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - THOMAS NEWMAN

Love it. There are moments in this that seem to hark back to his earlier days. The middle section of Mrs. Ainsley, for instance, sounds like it could be from his score for Josh And S.A.M.. Wonderful stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    NP: THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL - THOMAS NEWMAN

Love it. There are moments in this that seem to hark back to his earlier days. The middle section of Mrs. Ainsley, for instance, sounds like it could be from his score for Josh And S.A.M.. Wonderful stuff.

WANT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    GET!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WILL!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Brake - Brian Tyler

Hmm. Not really one for me. It is (I think) trying to sound like Cliff Martinez, but it's not as good as him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Deathly Harrows Part 1 Alexandre Desplat

I was astonished just how effective these scores are in the movies (I recently watched them for the first time). Excellent stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    'Sky Battle' punk shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote

Meh.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love it! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I love it! cheesy

punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hadn't realised how bloody good these scores are until recently.

shame
  2. I happen to prefer Dragon Flight. Lily's theme is just so beautiful.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
    Many excellent moments!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012 edited
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Meh.

Ditto! A missed opportunity to give Hedwig a heroic musical send off.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Many excellent moments!

Meh.

(Never mind us sheep just passing through)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Meh.

-Erik-

Hedwig's theme was played on heroic mode in Sky Battle. And also it includes a full brass rendition of The Order of the Phoenix's theme in the first seconds, Voldemort's theme at the 2:20 mark and some brass ala Star Wars at 3:10.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Brake - Brian Tyler

Hmm. Not really one for me. It is (I think) trying to sound like Cliff Martinez, but it's not as good as him.

The main theme is pretty atmospheric. Loved it. And the video too; you can tell the man adores what he's doing although it's not for everyone's tastes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySmGUxq-qo
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I hadn't realised how bloody good these scores are until recently.

shame

Well you used to go "meh" on Desplat too something i never understood but i am glad to see you finally matured on this matter my friend smile
  4. Demetris wrote
    Southall wrote
    Brake - Brian Tyler

The main theme is pretty atmospheric. Loved it. And the video too; you can tell the man adores what he's doing although it's not for everyone's tastes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySmGUxq-qo

Seeing the video made me quite enthusiastic for this - especially as I had already dismissed the music after having heard the clips a few days back. But on going back to the clips I wasn't really taken by what I heard. Maybe the main and end title tracks showcase the theme best?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yonythemoony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Meh.

-Erik-

Hedwig's theme was played on heroic mode in Sky Battle.

You call THAT heroic? Weak!

yonythemoony wrote
    And also it includes a full brass rendition of The Order of the Phoenix's theme in the first seconds, Voldemort's theme at the 2:20 mark and some brass ala Star Wars at 3:10.

Brass a la Star Wars? Which Star Wars film are you talking about exactly? I hear a lone, rather weak, 6 note trumpet call. How exactly is that Star Wars?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Demetris wrote
    Southall wrote
    Brake - Brian Tyler

That was cool.

Peter cool
  5. Southall wrote
    How to Make an American Quilt - Tommy Newman

Very good. The theme is pure Newman magic, one of his best.

I love "The Diver." Yet another example of that bittersweet beauty that Newman does so well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Southall wrote
    Brake - Brian Tyler

That was cool.

Peter cool

Lovely atmosphere and excellent video....
  6. Don Davis - The Matrix

The Varese deluxe edition which I am happy to own. Pure atonal brilliance.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (Mark Isham)

Beautiful ambiance!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote
    How to Make an American Quilt - Tommy Newman

Very good. The theme is pure Newman magic, one of his best.

I love "The Diver." Yet another example of that bittersweet beauty that Newman does so well.

The Diver is the best track of all, The Sisters theme is just brilliant in that one, even better than the main theme (which is already lovely on its own)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Erik Woods wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Meh.

-Erik-

Hedwig's theme was played on heroic mode in Sky Battle.

You call THAT heroic? Weak!

yonythemoony wrote
    And also it includes a full brass rendition of The Order of the Phoenix's theme in the first seconds, Voldemort's theme at the 2:20 mark and some brass ala Star Wars at 3:10.

Brass a la Star Wars? Which Star Wars film are you talking about exactly? I hear a lone, rather weak, 6 note trumpet call. How exactly is that Star Wars?

-Erik-

Come on, that bit sounds like Williams! The trumpet playing the bit a modified version of the OOTP theme, and then the flute. It's Star Wars. And the full brass rendition of the OOTP theme it's very bravado-like, the kind of music that Williams made for the Quidditch scenes in the first movies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Transformers Prime - Brian Tyler

I enjoy this! Nice theme he use it a lot biggrin, but I like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yonythemoony wrote
    Come on, that bit sounds like Williams! The trumpet playing the bit a modified version of the OOTP theme, and then the flute. It's Star Wars. And the full brass rendition of the OOTP theme it's very bravado-like, the kind of music that Williams made for the Quidditch scenes in the first movies.

Not even close!

-Erik-