• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012
    plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: The Empire Strikes Back - John Williams

Listening to "Rescue From Cloud City / Hyperspace" at the moment and I can't believe how long it has been since I have listened to this! It is easy to forget about the classics when knee-deep in today's (mostly) lacking scores. And being so used to the original release of this the added bits for this 9-minute track are again a surprise!!

This is how it should be done.

Meh. I've given that track 2 stars in itunes.

Peter smile

And I thought you were cool... uhm

I'm too cool for Star Wars.

Peter cool

Cool...No! FEAR? Yes!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012 edited
    NP: REAL STEEL (Danny Elfman)

Love the serene parts, in particular, but the "Twin Cities" music is also cool.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Postman - James Newton Howard

Where has this James Newton Howard gone to? Please come back.

-Erik-

Believe me, I was listening to the hideous hunger games again today, and was thinking exactly the same. He got bored and tired of the whole thing it seems to me. A shame.

Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : DAYBREAKERS - Christopher Gordon

A very fine score.

Indeed! Works brilliantly in the movie.

I haven't seen the film, do you recommend it?

Absolutely, very atmospheric and clever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

What was the last score he did where everyone was raving about it? From being a composer I looked forward to hearing his next score I now continually expect disappoinment and so far haven't been proved wrong.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I wonder if Newton Howard is deep in debt and as a result takes whatever project comes his way, and he only gives the bare minimum in effort...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well he most possibly does the minimum required to warrant the paycheck. I wouldn't blame him. The only one who still seems to bring the flame out of him is Shyamalan.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012 edited
    NP: "POP" (John Williams)

An iTunes playlist of the jazz instrumentals and 'popular' songs from his entire career. Fun! The anti-thesis to his more famous symphonic stylings. Take a look:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … amspop.jpg

(in case you wonder, the CE3K and STAR WARS tracks are disco remixes)
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    NP: THE BEST OF... (John Scott)

Great compilation! Thanks a lot, Thomas. The tracks were all over the place when I transferred them to iTunes, but I assembled them and renamed them and organized them the best I could. smile

hehe, glad you like it. I adore this compilation. It doesn't have too many calmer tracks (I realize that now), but when it's this thematic and rich, who cares? You can plan and arrange the selection any way you want, but for me it has to end with the William the Conquerer theme. What a marvelous send off punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

What was the last score he did where everyone was raving about it? From being a composer I looked forward to hearing his next score I now continually expect disappoinment and so far haven't been proved wrong.

The last thing he did I genuinely love is The Last Airbender. The album needed fixing, but once you edit things around a bit and cut it down to 45 minutes, it's an excellent listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter cool

Cool...No! FEAR? Yes!

FAKE YODA! angry

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 Alexandre Desplat

I love Desplat's music for these films. I've been listening to them quite a lot the past couple of weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MIDNIGHT RUN (Danny Elfman)

Bluesy and cool, this is Elfman's more upbeat version of THELMA & LOUISE.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: "POP" (John Williams)

An iTunes playlist of the jazz instrumentals and 'popular' songs from his entire career. Fun! The anti-thesis to his more famous symphonic stylings. Take a look:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … amspop.jpg

(in case you wonder, the CE3K and STAR WARS tracks are disco remixes)

The disco remix of CE3K came as a 45rpm single included with the CE3K LP ( I still have it ).
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Return of the Jedi (John Williams)
    the version that must not be named.
    currently on "The Dark Side Beckons". The male choir part is one of my favorite pieces of music married to film in all of cinema.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LORD OF THE FLIES - Philippe Sarde

Good stuff though very heavily Rite of Spring/Stravinsky influenced.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    NP: Return of the Jedi (John Williams)
    the version that must not be named.
    currently on "The Dark Side Beckons". The male choir part is one of my favorite pieces of music married to film in all of cinema.

Gods yeah, love it! Supremely ominous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Company of Wolves - George Fenton

First listen. Some great horror music in this (and some odd synthy bits).
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    The Hunger Games - James Newton Howard

I adore this score!

Me and yonythemoony, I think we are the only ones from this forum who like this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Demetris wrote
    Believe me, I was listening to the hideous hunger games again today, and was thinking exactly the same. He got bored and tired of the whole thing it seems to me. A shame.

Hideous? Really? There is nothing for you to like from this score? You don't like the theme from Rue`s Farewell?

confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Cristian wrote

I adore this score!

Me and yonythemoony, I think we are the only ones from this forum who like this score.

I'm certain I will like it too once I get around to listening to it...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SOMMERSBY - Danny Elfman

One of my favourite scores.
  3. NP: Den Hengte Mannen - Mark Rayen Candasamy

Quite an effective unsettling score this one. Written for a small ensemble dominated by strings, it's very much (to my ears anyway) a throwback to horror/thrillers from the '70s and the expressive use of various sections of the orchestra.

Thor, do you know anything about this film? And, being the way I am, could you translate the tracklistings please? Ta!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Den-Hengte-Mann … p;sr=301-1
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Den Hengte Mannen - Mark Rayen Candasamy

Quite an effective unsettling score this one. Written for a small ensemble dominated by strings, it's very much (to my ears anyway) a throwback to horror/thrillers from the '70s and the expressive use of various sections of the orchestra.

Thor, do you know anything about this film? And, being the way I am, could you translate the tracklistings please? Ta!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Den-Hengte-Mann … p;sr=301-1

I only know what Mark has told me here at the forum (and in private), unfortunately. I don't believe it has had full national distribution. Perhaps Mark has a translated track listing? If not, I can do it.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Is it actually the Mark Rayen from the forums?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Is it actually the Mark Rayen from the forums?

Ah, I've just found the appropriate topic:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discussion/2479/
  6. Cristian wrote

I adore this score!

expect a review of it tomorrow to see whether or not I like it too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Revolutionary Road - Thomas Newman

Good stuff, perfect for the film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HAMMETT - John Barry

A very moody, brooding score, fits perfectly with the miserable weather, I should add it's a very fine score that I enjoy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: The Empire Strikes Back - John Williams

Listening to "Rescue From Cloud City / Hyperspace" at the moment and I can't believe how long it has been since I have listened to this! It is easy to forget about the classics when knee-deep in today's (mostly) lacking scores. And being so used to the original release of this the added bits for this 9-minute track are again a surprise!!

This is how it should be done.

Meh. I've given that track 2 stars in itunes.

Peter smile

And I thought you were cool... uhm

Peter cool

Cool...No! FEAR? Yes!

CGI Yoda has no impact on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

Peter cool
  7. Cristian wrote

I adore this score!

Nice to know that there's still open minded people on this forum smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    So if someone doesn't like a score that you like then they aren't open minded?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!