• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012 edited
    francis wrote
    Petition seems to have worked wink

Program for Krakow is online, looking great!

Guest lineup: Elliot Goldenthal, Reinhold Heil, Johnny Klimek, Julie Taymor, Elliot Goldenthal & Wojciech Kilar.

Program Krakow
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2012 edited
    Wow, that's a great line-up! All concerts are in a tinning plant of Arcelor Mittal (a bit an infamous company here in Belgium). I can't make it, but I'm very glad it is happening. A bit a late announcement, but we're used to that. wink

At the end of April, Ghent will announce its programme.
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    Wow, that's a great line-up! All concerts are in a tinning plant of Arcelor Mittal (a bit an infamous company here in Belgium). I can't make it, but I'm very glad it is happening. A bit a late announcement, but we're used to that. wink

At the end of April, Ghent will announce its programme.

it will be about bloody time too wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I already posted it in another thread, but this is a better place I think:

Yep SST will be present as well. I made an facebook event about our gathering. If you want you can join us.

If you will walk around Cracow those days you will recognise us with the SST FMF Gathering shirt. So if you do just say hi
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012 edited
    I wish, I wish, I wish I had time and money to attend any of these great festivals this year. sad

As it is, I'm trying to hold out for Spain (IF that comes to pass).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Martijn wrote
    I wish, I wish, I wish I had time and money to attend any of these great festivals this year. sad

The Fimucité in Tenerife is a nice one. SST will be present there as well (unfortunately I am not)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Martijn wrote

The Fimucité in Tenerife is a nice one. SST will be present there as well (unfortunately I am not)

SST is all over the place! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wroteSST is all over the place! smile

Yep it is part of the SST Meet & Greet World Tour. And as you know we are all volunteers so all the travel costs comes from our own wallet. Sometimes we (as organizers) get some extras at a certain festival (like this one in Krakow) but that is it.

But as long as I can it is great to spend the money to those meetings and gatherings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A great life (or at the very least a great *year*), Stefan! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'd love to be there. You guys have a great sense of organisation. It helps you are with a lot of people of course. But it has to be said, what a cool club!
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    Wow, that's a great line-up! All concerts are in a tinning plant of Arcelor Mittal (a bit an infamous company here in Belgium).

The hall where it is a very nice. It is a huge complex. At the gate you will be brought with a bus to the hall.
  6. Yeah, the bus trip to the concert hall is quite an experience. So are the queues by the steelworks. The plant itself is long out of use.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. First year when we were with 5 members (including me and another who were special guest) there was a car arranged and we were dropped off at the hall. That was nice. Last year the group was bigger, but did not have to wait long for the busses. It looked well organised
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2012
    I did not really experience queues at the concert. Everything went smoothly. I heard there was a huges queue for the toilets in the break. So make sure that your blatter is empty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012 edited
    Is anyone of MT (except Streaming ST) going?
    Kazoo
  8. Obviously, I am going as a member of my website filmmusic.pl
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Right! I should've known. Cool.

Just gathering a bit of info. wink
    Kazoo
  9. Thor mentioned that he'll try "finding a window" for it as well.

Timmer said that he would consider coming if Goldenthal was coming, which he is. Kilar is supposed to be personally on his concert, but it is not expected that he will have a meet and greet with fans and that he will give any autographs, unless he will do what Howard Shore did in intermission of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King concert. Shore was hardly giving any autographs before though, but that was probably not a case of him being insanely rude or an asshole, so to speak (he was giving autographs during a later meeting people who won some contest could attend, I was there, because I had a press pass and I got my autograph on a piece of paper; I don't like having CDs signed; the only CD I have signed personally by the composer is obviously The THin Red Line), but due to his immense jetlag.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012
    Pawel when you are there, tab one of the SST crewmembers on the shoulder. We we will be wearing our blue shirts most of the time. Love to meet you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Gone off the red shirts? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
  10. Caliburn wrote
    Pawel when you are there, tab one of the SST crewmembers on the shoulder. We we will be wearing our blue shirts most of the time. Love to meet you.

Sure, I will!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Caliburn wrote
    Those are for http://death.fm

applause punk beer

I have been outgeeked! cheesy
  11. I'm going!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    This will have to be decided with as short deadline as humanly possible.

I'm currently waiting for feedback from the press agency in relation to composer interviews. So that's an issue.

But more than that, it is a financial issue (as always!) -- Goldenthal or no Goldenthal. I just spent about $1000 on the Rome trip. sad

So I'll probably know for sure at the end of April or beginning of May.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    $1000!? shocked uhm

Anyway, I'm thinking about it too, but I hesitate because I think I'm doing too much of this. It's like taking almost every opportunity to meet some of you. I don't feel comfortable by it somehow, and even guilty (I'm so spoiled that I can do this).

But on the other hand, I don't think there'll be a film music festival fix for me this year, and it's a good chance to meet some of you.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    $1000!? shocked uhm

Anyway, I'm thinking about it too, but I hesitate because I think I'm doing too much of this. It's like taking almost every opportunity to meet some of you. I don't feel comfortable by it somehow, and even guilty (I'm so spoiled that I can do this).

But on the other hand, I don't think there'll be a film music festival fix for me this year, and it's a good chance to meet some of you.

Getting to meet once or twice a year should be enough, I think. Especially considering how spread we are across the European continent and the world at large. But don't feel guilty! If you are in a position where you can afford and do it (and I know you are), you should! I'll try to leave the envy at the door.

And yes, Rome is not a cheap city. That price is even including a decent airfare, sharing a cheap hotel room (although central) with TWO other guys, and a selection of rather cheap drinks and foods and events across four and a half days. Of course, you would probably have managed for half that, but still! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Shut up, I want my kazoo sad
  13. Bregt, if you have the chance I would say take the opportunity when it presents itself (if it is affordable). I really regret not being able to get to any of these various outings at the moment.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2012
    Hehe, I'll see next week. No time for looking at all this. In the mean time I can decide.

Pawel, I'm sure that kazoo will get to you once!
    Kazoo