• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012
    Great. From now on, I will probably not be able to hear the sentence "touched by the Hand of God" without giggling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I am disturbed by the turn of events. uhm
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    I am disturbed by the turn of events. uhm

Sorry Bregt, I blame the combination of my dirty mind, and Marcel's poor choice of words...
    biggrin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Bregt wrote
    Nice! punk Probably expensive, but you don't stay in Ghent often of course, so you can do it in style! wink

Exactly. smile

Bregt wrote
    From when to when are you staying Christian? I plan a few visits apart from Ghent (Bruges, Ypres, ...) for those who want, around the date of WSA. smile

I'm staying 3 days, 19,20 and 21 october.
  2. excellent, get ready for beer tasting every evening beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    excellent, get ready for beer tasting every evening beer

I'm in.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    excellent, get ready for beer tasting every evening beer

EVERY evening smile beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012
    We stayed at IBIS St Baafs last year. The location was excellent. The room too, we had a view on the cathedral and on saturday morning I looked out the window and saw some MainTitles people pass by, walking to the Marriott
    :P

Haven't booked tickets yet for this year, will look into it soon. wave
  3. Bregje wrote
    Haven't booked tickets yet for this year, will look into it soon. wave

Do that Bregje,

I don't want to be the single MT girl this year...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
    New concert announced

007 Songs in Concert
    18 (20:30) and 21 October (14:00)

Natalia, Koen Wauters & Eva Jacobs, Jasper Steverlinck, Lady Linn, Pieter Embrechts, Noémie Wolfs (Hooverphonic), Barbara Dex, Marie Daulne (Zap Mama), Lola (AKS) and Styrofoam, bring an own interpretation of their favourite Bond songs, performed by the Brussels Philharmonic conducted by Dirk Brossé.

I like this. Bond songs are great! punk
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds really good. Did you ever watch the Bond songs documentary still available on Youtube Bregt?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If it ain't got Shirley Bassy, I say to hell with it!

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When it comes to Bond songs NOBODY does it better than ( pun oh so definitely intended ) Shirley Bassey.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Of course nothing can be compared to Shirley, but surely, these songs are so cool that it is great to have a chance to hear them in an evening with Belgian musicians (when well performed of course!).

I haven't seen the full documentary Tim. I think I saw a few songs. Do you mind looking up the url again?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012 edited
    Here you go Bregt...

JAMES BOND'S GREATEST HITS part 1/14

Just follow the links to watch the other 13 parts, it's excellent, lots of soundbites from John Barry, David Arnold, Bill Conti etc plus the artists involved and a lot of revealing stuff, a very well produced program.

p.s. very high quality on youtube too. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012 edited
    Thanks Tim! punk

Have you seen a performance of Shirley and Barry's songs?

EDIT: Watching it now. It's really interesting and well done! I might have seen something else then when I referred to it above.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bond songs hold little interest to me (some of them are nice enough), so it's not a concert I crave for. Then again, I assume it's the early concert that I wouldn't be able to catch anyway, should I make the Ghent trip this year.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It also plays on Sunday afternoon, but then I prefer to visit something during the day.

When will you know if you'll be able to visit Ghent again Thor? smile
    Kazoo
  4. I'm not that big of a Bond fan, or a Bond song fan, but it is a good selection of Belgian quality singers, so that might be an attraction all on it's own. I think they are handling this better than last year, trying to get some new 'commercial' blood flowing, if maybe next year the festival wouldn't get subsidies, they might make it work without...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    It also plays on Sunday afternoon, but then I prefer to visit something during the day.

When will you know if you'll be able to visit Ghent again Thor? smile

Middle of September, probably.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012
    Bregt wrote
    Thanks Tim! punk

Have you seen a performance of Shirley and Barry's songs?

EDIT: Watching it now. It's really interesting and well done! I might have seen something else then when I referred to it above.

I saw Bassey doing Bond songs twice, once at a muddy Glastonbury where she came on the main stage wearing diamond encrusted wellington boots and again at the Royal Albert Hall John Barry tribute concert conducted by Nicholas Dodds. I've seen John Barry twice, a shame it couldn't have been the two of them together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bond songs suck.

Here i said it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very underrated Bond song IMO, it's my very favourite of Arnold's Bond songs...

YOU KNOW MY NAME
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Why do they suck Demetris? Not all are as awesome as We Have All the Time in the World or Goldfinger, or indeed You Know My Name, but suck? uhm
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I always thought of them as the boring part I was forced to eat up and wait before the good stuff finally beings.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, fess up D, I want a complete and detailed analysis of why each individual Bond song sucks. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012 edited
    And most of the times those lyrics caused me cheese death. Not that Bond doesn't have an element of cheese in it but some times In those lyrics it was so over the top it was...odd.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    And most of the times those lyrics caused me cheese death. Not that Bond doesn't have an element of cheese in it but some times In those lyrics it was so over the top it was...odd.

Yes D, GLORIOUSLY OTT and sublimely MAGNIFICENT ( well, not all of them ) many of which have become truly iconic.

You should watch the Bond songs documentary I linked for Bregt a few postings back, even if you don't like them much it's very entertaining and enlightening. John Barry is/was always an entertaining racontuer who like Horner and Herrmann doesn't hold back on his thoughts though he's more humble than both of them and also says things with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes wink