• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012
    I will ask again tomorrow. Normally there is.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'll be arriving the normal time....Friday between 18:15 and 18:45 depending on how smooth everything goes.

And as usual, I have to rush to the Kinepolis office before they close at 19:00 to pick up my stuff. Thomas and Bregt have been kind to pick me up previous years, but I don't want to bother them with this again, so I'll probably just take a taxi. And then another taxi to the hotel after that.

I'll be going back to Norway on Monday, early in the morning.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Cool! smile

Taxi would be a good idea because last year it didn't go as smooth. Anyhow, good to see you are there on Sunday. Makes a day trip possible!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That would be nice. Last year's Sunday was wonderful.

By the way, how long would it take me to walk from the Kinepolis to IBIS St. Baaf's (slow tempo with luggage)?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2012 edited
    I think about 15 to 20 minutes. You're staying in the same hotel as Bregje and Christian I think.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012
    Bregt wrote
    I think about 15 to 20 minutes. You're staying in the same hotel as Bregje and Christian I think.

True, I also stay at Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal.

I will arrive Friday. I want to take the train from Bruxelles to Ghent, can I take it from the airport or do I have to go with a bus or tram to the train station?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012 edited
    What airport do you arrive?

If you arrive at Brussels National Airport (BRU) then it's very easy. The train station is a few floors below the airport and is well marked. Take a direct train to Gent-Sint-Pieters (not the one that goes via Aalst, like Thor did last year, which takes about two times as much time). It's about 30minutes and you'll arrive at a not so big train station. Head for the Tram and choose Line 1. Then get out at Korenmarkt and go to the right direction huge St Baafs Cathedral and there's your hotel. smile

What time do you arrive in the airport?
    Kazoo
  1. Cristian wrote
    Bregt wrote

True, I also stay at Ibis Gent Centrum St-Baafs Kathedraal.

I will arrive Friday. I want to take the train from Bruxelles to Ghent, can I take it from the airport or do I have to go with a bus or tram to the train station?

There's a direct train station below the airport of Brussels Zaventem. In that station there are trains that go directly from the airport to Ghent, others that you have to switch in Brussels that go to Ghent
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. damn you Bregt wink
  3. Marselus wrote
    I just bought the plane tickets. I'm arriving in Ghent thursday 18 at 10:00. Will leave sunday 21 at night

punk beer

excellent, I'll pick you up at the station Thursday morning beer
    Bregt, will you be there too?
  4. Thor wrote
    OK, that was it. Received an e-mail from Tom just now.

Plane booked, hotel booked (IBIS St. Baafs), press accreditation in order (including ticket to WSA) and a very big likelihood of getting an interview with James Newton Howard!

ROCK ON!! punk

excellent, great to see you back yet again beer

And Bregt, I want an interview with JNH as well angry smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2012
    If you go to Charleroi airport, like I do, you have to take the buss shuttle to Bruxelles Midi (the train station), which takes about 1 hour. Then take the train to Ghent from there (and yeah, as Bregt said, be sure to take the direct train, not the "off-pist" train that I took last year).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012
    I will be in Ghent on friday evening, let me know if you are going out for drinks that evening! beer (replace beer by martini) biggrin
  5. friday evening we seem to meet the entire gang (christian, thor, francis), beer and martini will flow fluently beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    There are a few FSM members who want to join the Friday gathering as well.

Should we decide on a place (not that far from St. Baaf's, preferably) where we could meet for something to eat and drink? Recommendations?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Bregt wrote
    What airport do you arrive?

If you arrive at Brussels National Airport (BRU) then it's very easy. The train station is a few floors below the airport and is well marked. Take a direct train to Gent-Sint-Pieters (not the one that goes via Aalst, like Thor did last year, which takes about two times as much time). It's about 30minutes and you'll arrive at a not so big train station. Head for the Tram and choose Line 1. Then get out at Korenmarkt and go to the right direction huge St Baafs Cathedral and there's your hotel. smile

What time do you arrive in the airport?

Thanks for the information, I arrive at Brussels National Airport (BRU) at 9:10 AM.
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    friday evening we seem to meet the entire gang (christian, thor, francis), beer and martini will flow fluently beer

I will have to pass on Friday... My mom will come over to Belgium that day, and I will spend some time with her that evening.

But on Saturday I'll be there, all day...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012 edited
    Too long ago I've seen you Elin. Looking forward to that day! wave

Cristian wrote
    Thanks for the information, I arrive at Brussels National Airport (BRU) at 9:10 AM.

All right! Should be on time for lunch in Ghent. Marcel, Thomas and I will be waiting for you!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    But on Saturday I'll be there, all day...

And remember you promised to buy us a drink. Oh I have such a good memory when it comes to drinks...
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Saturday is usually more relaxed than the Friday, since the concert ends so late. But still....a drink or two is surely possible! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Bregt wrote
    Too long ago I've seen you Elin. Looking forward to that day! wave

Cristian wrote

All right! Should be on time for lunch in Ghent. Marcel, Thomas and I will be waiting for you!

we will definitely be waiting beer
    • CommentAuthorpitkis
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012
    Hello! Me and my friend are coming from Finland to the concert. We're staying in Brussels from Thursday til Sunday. We've never been in Brussels before. What's the best way to travel from Brussels to Ghent? And also the best way to travel back after the concert if it ends late?

Juha
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    pitkis wrote
    Hello! Me and my friend are coming from Finland to the concert. We're staying in Brussels from Thursday til Sunday. We've never been in Brussels before. What's the best way to travel from Brussels to Ghent? And also the best way to travel back after the concert if it ends late?

Juha

The best way is to take the direct train from Brussels Midi, as we talked about above. Are you going back on Saturday after the concert? If so, I doubt there's any train (maybe you'll be able to catch the last one if the concert ends at about 23:00).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    So....about recommendations for places to meet around the St. Baaf's area on Friday evening....anyone? Thomas? Elin? Bregt?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorpitkis
    Thanks for the info Thor. Our flight back leaves 11.40 am on Sunday. So if we can't make the last train on Saturday do any buses go to Brussels around midnight? Or how much does a taxi cost from Ghent to Brussels?
    Sorry if these questions seem silly smile

Juha
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    There will be a CD dedicated to one composer this year? (the last year, the CD was dedicated to Gabriel Yared)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    pitkis wrote
    Thanks for the info Thor. Our flight back leaves 11.40 am on Sunday. So if we can't make the last train on Saturday do any buses go to Brussels around midnight? Or how much does a taxi cost from Ghent to Brussels?
    Sorry if these questions seem silly smile

Hi there. Your last train is at 23:29 (there's one at 23:03 as well). Since the venue is very close to the train station (7minute walk), I'm sure you'll make it to Brussels, even if the concert ends at 23:00. So, no worries about that. smile

More info at www.nmbs.be.

kilar30 wrote
    There will be a CD dedicated to one composer this year? (the last year, the CD was dedicated to Gabriel Yared)

I haven't read about any this year. I suppose there will be none. Will let you know.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Thanks a lot, Bregt!!!

This year, the concert will be great!!! Listen the music of Pino Donaggio and Newton Howard!!!
    • CommentAuthorpitkis
    Bregt, Thank You for your reply. Much appreciated smile

Juha
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012 edited
    So, who's there? Need to have numbers for reservations people! I forgot some names probably. So help me because like last year, it is very chaotic and unclear for me as to who comes and wants to join. If you join the reservation, then please show up of course. smile

Friday evening dinner
    Thomas
    Thor
    Marcel
    Francis
    Lee and friend?
    Christian and sis?
    Who from FSM?

Saturday dinner
    Thomas
    Elin
    Thor
    Marcel
    Christian and sis,
    Lee and a friend (need confirmation),
    Francis
    some from FSM

I don't know what SST is doing? I will not do big groups, so if it's as big as last year, I think we best split up group reservations.

Bregje, what are your plans?

Christian, do you have Facebook? Please add me, then I can group it over there.
    Kazoo