• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007 edited
    NW:Indiana Jones and Raiders of the lost Ark.

Ironically one week ago I watched National Treasure 2....Oh man....How can a movie 18 years after with some of the most important filmakers on it be so faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from Raider of the lost Ark?

Anyway I must confess i feel some parts of the movie are a little bit too slow. ( I mean about the rythm of the movie). But it's still a masterpiece never surpassed for Pirates, Mummies or treasure HUnters!)

PS: I was watching before it Temple of the Doom wich seems indiana jones with the typical cliches of the 80's movies : red lights, mist and a strong man showing his muscles! Wich is not bad....Sometimes looks like a TOny scott movie tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Precisely! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    NW:Indiana Jones and Raiders of the lost Ark.

That's the wrong title.

Pay attention:

NEVER, EVER USE "INDIANA JONES AND THE" BEFORE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!!!

Errrrrrrrr...

angry

The film is Raiders of the Lost Ark.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, you might as well be saying Indiana Jones Episode II: The Raiders Of The Lost Ark! biggrin
  1. Wasn't Temple of Doom known as simply Indiana Jones for some time?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Steven wrote
    Yeah, you might as well be saying Indiana Jones Episode II: The Raiders Of The Lost Ark! biggrin

Well, chronologically speaking, it is so tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Wasn't Temple of Doom known as simply Indiana Jones for some time?

Not that I know of. I think I remember the clap board reading "Raiders 2" but I don't think it was ever known only as "Indiana Jones."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. I know why I thought that. The Polish translation of the title was simply Indiana Jones.

Raiders were translated literally, Temple as "Indiana Jones" and Crusade - literally.

THough not literally - Raiders as Searchers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007 edited
    Why do we need this thread since we already have the "RECENT VIEWING" one?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Not sure. Who would pause a watched movie just to write here that he's seeing it? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Not sure. Who would pause a watched movie just to write here that he's seeing it? biggrin

LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Or Star Wars : A New Hope?

Oh shit.... slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

"Now" Watching just ain't right!

"Recent" is the correct term.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

"Now" Watching just ain't right!

"Recent" is the correct term.

Now, Because Im watching the movie While Im writting this in my room with the DVD. "recent" is more a past term.

But If you want close this threath go ahead, I didn't see the "recent viewing thread".

About Raiders of the lost Ark title, sorry, my bad. But Since when I was a kid and I watched the 2 second movies first I called Raiders as "Indiana Jones and..."
    shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    About Raiders of the lost Ark title, sorry, my bad. But Since when I was a kid and I watched the 2 second movies first I called Raiders as "Indiana Jones and..."
    shame

I highly doubt that but if that is indeed true then you are the only one.

Now stop it!

-Erik-

PS - Close this thread. I mean, should we open a RECENTLY PLAYED thread now. No...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    shame

I highly doubt that but if that is indeed true then you are the only one.

confused You doubt about what? Why I have to lie about I watched the 2 last movies first? and I know the first one as "Indiana jones and..." ?

Sometimes you have some reaction Erik.. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'd say Erik just has a personal gripe with that title wink It is widely known that the film was indeed called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark when it was released on VHS in America. And ever since, many do indeed call it that.

If you don't believe me, visit the most reliable source ( tongue ) on the internet:

Also Known As: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (USA) (video title)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/

As for the rest; who would want to type while watching something like Raiders? confused Just watch a movie and don't do any other stuff! Close this thread!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Is it really that important?
    With different names, there are many interpretations.

So let it be and don't kill anyone for saying Star Wars, Episode IV - A New Hope. Because that is how it is called now for over a looooong time.
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote

So let it be and don't kill anyone for saying Star Wars, Episode IV - A New Hope. Because that is how it is called now for over a looooong time.

Is it really important!! shocked

Of course it's important!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

Yeah.
    WRONGLY.

It's just Star Wars.
    tongue

And Raiders Of The Lost Ark is just Raiders Of The Lost Ark.
    Not Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark, because Indy IS (one of the two) raiders in the movie...so it makes no sense (other than Star Wars Episode IV, which does make sense, and I mind a lot less, but kling to the original 1977 title for personal sentimental reasons).

Raiders Of The Lost Ark was rebaptized to Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark for one reason and one reason only: to have the Indiana Jones video set alphabetically sorted correctly in DVD rental stores! slant
    (As if any proprietor in his right mind would put Raiders anywhere else because the title starts with R... )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    icecream
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stop licking your green hair.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn tells it like it is! punk cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    icecream

Wow! An alien that can eat it's own head shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    BobdH wrote

Also Known As: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (USA) (video title)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/

Oops..Where are you Erik? tongue cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Also known as Dobyvatelé ztracené archy, but I'm taking a wild guess you're not using that title either? wink

I refer the right honourable gentleman to a quote from one of my previous posts:
    Raiders Of The Lost Ark was rebaptized to Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark for one reason and one reason only: to have the Indiana Jones video set alphabetically sorted correctly in DVD rental stores!

In fact, this is acknowledged by the site you quote:
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Now watching this computer screen.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote
    Also known as Dobyvatelé ztracené archy, but I'm taking a wild guess you're not using that title either? wink

I refer the right honourable gentleman to a quote from one of my previous posts:
    Raiders Of The Lost Ark was rebaptized to Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark for one reason and one reason only: to have the Indiana Jones video set alphabetically sorted correctly in DVD rental stores!

In fact, this is acknowledged by the site you quote:

Oh, I just wanted to point out where Nautilus got that supposedly 'ridiculous title' from, since Erik claimed it was 'impossible' for him to come up with it. I know it's a stupid and incorrect title, don't tell me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I wasn't telling you. I was telling Jordi!

And you be careful young man, or I'll be telling you the Chinese title as well!