• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hello Jonas, I saw you posted 2 exact same topics at first, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I've deleted the double topic, but if the 2 topics held different links, please post the ones I've deleted here, okay?

I'll check them out later, I am at work now!

cheers smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Hey Thomas, thanks for deleting the double one. I tried to find the delete button, but didn't find it for some reason.

Cheers,
    Jonas
  3. Only god and his apostles can delete a topic.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Only god and his apostles can delete a topic.

true, we have the gift to do what god commands us
    and in case you're wondering if you jumped on a religious boat here, god is our webmaster Bregt wink

5. holy crap, the orchestral score -03 cue is like epic trailer music, some powerful stuff there mate. But even though it's fitting to end with a soft piano statement, I rather wished (my choice of course) it ended with that trailer theme on piano, would have tied it fluently together

the piano piece is nice too, very relaxing
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

true, we have the gift to do what god commands us
    and in case you're wondering if you jumped on a religious boat here, god is our webmaster Bregt wink

But that's where the religious references end. Let's leave that to Filmtracks.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. I don't like the first track, but that's due to personal preference. While the idea of the theme is alright, it's just too busy, too trailer music. Should please fans of that music though, like my brother here.

The second cue was a bit more listenable, but seeing I'm not normally a big fan of solo piano cues that's not saying much.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012
    I enjoyed listening to your work, Jonas! Without knowing you apart from through these brief examples of your work, all I can say is that I believe you have a lot of raw talent, and would encourage you to continue the good work :-). But saying that, I also hope you in time expand your craft beyond a world of "pop" musicianship, because I think the depth of your talent might allow you to accomplish artistic results that stretch beyond that.

The first piece has a catchy, exciting motif, but is a bit too predictable in the build-up (for my ears) and needs some contrast. If not tonal contrast then certainly rhythmic contrast. Once the motif is established, and the step-wise bass gradually reaches the dominant, I would have liked to hear you "explore" your concept in depth and be creative with it. What are the possibilities, and how can you really "use" this motif to become something more, something we don't immediately recognize after the first few bars, intuitively?

The piano piece demonstrates some lovely writing for the instrument. The "sound" is beautiful. But it lacks a struggle, it lacks "friction". Its like having too much cotton candy. I want to know why I'm happy to hear beautiful sounds, or why I'm sad to hear the melancholy. I need the music to have "raison d'etre", and it wouldn't hurt the music to have tonal twists, harmonically. It follows the circle of fifths a bit slavishly I think. Far too often I already know how the next bar is going to sound, and that bores me. Surprises and "subito" dynamic changes can do wonderful things in order to assist a meaningful musical experience :-).

-Mark
  8. DreamTheater wrote

Excuse me ... I'd just like to ask a question: what does God need with a delete button?

tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012
    Just received in the mail.Will have a listen tomorrow.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  9. justin boggan wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Excuse me ... I'd just like to ask a question: what does God need with a delete button?

tongue

Who said anything about a button? I'm talking about divine power.
  10. Maybe not all movie quotes work. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.