• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2012
    Someone asked a question about this composer in the Thomas Newman topic. I thought it would be better to continue the discussion in this topic.

Whatever happened to Mike Post, tv composer extraordinaire?
  1. I guess he got a little tired, with over 1,300 scores to episodes of TV series alone, and stuck in "Law & Order" scoring world. That must get serious boring. He probably wakes up with nightmares of the "DONG DONG!" sound.

I wonder how much he makes am onth just from royalty checks.

I hope one day he get some of his TV scoring on CD. There's a super karate monkey death amount to pick from.

I remember when I interviewed MV Gerhard back in 2010, I asked him a question and got this reply:

As a lover of scores from various TV series, from "Dynasty", to "Gunsmoke", to "Quantum Leap", I have to ask -- are there any other TV scores you are passionate about, and any possibly in the pipeline (aside from the various Mark Snow ones coming)?

There are a few shows we would love to sink our teeth into. Shows like "Magnum, pi", "The A-Team" and "Space: Above and Beyond" are on the top of our list. I hope to see them come out some day, whether it be on La La Land or another label.

Oh, pretty please let that all happen. Wait -- "Space: Above & Beyond" DID happen after that! So, now just two more on that to take care of.

(LINK)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. The new episode of "Mythbusters" has a bunch of underscore which is a continuous homage to the theme from "The A-Team":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2NYU2jCIto
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. One of a few video interviews which I assume are new. In this one he tells the story of how he met Stephen J. Cannell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s8kzcDrJ4c