• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hello folks at MainTitles!

My score for French documentary “Alain Gerbault – le courage de fuir” has been released on CD.
    If you wish to lend it an ear, you can listen to it on Spotify or Deezer – or more simply on my website maximilienmathevon.com (audio tracks: maximilienmathevon.com/bandes-originales-albums.php - english version available - see bottom of the page)
    I hope you enjoy it!
    More details about the release below:

Release infos:

ALAIN GERBAULT LE COURAGE DE FUIR - ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY SOUNDTRACK

MUSIC COMPOSED BY MAXIMILIEN MATHEVON

Label : sergent Major records
    Tracks: 14
    Time: 44’48

2010 Philippe Abalan’s documentary tells the story of famous navigator Alain Gerbault. After having fought during WW1 as a pilot, he was the first navigator to cross the Atlantic from east to west in 101 days and then became the first French to go round the world sailing. During 15 years, he was the most famous Frenchman of his time. In love with the Polynesian islands, he settled there and spent the rest of his life writing books and fighting desperately against the destruction of the Polynesian Eden. He died in 1941 at age 48.
    The original score for “Alain Gerbault – Le courage de fuir” is by Maximilien Mathevon. While the score actually featured in the documentary is about 14 minutes, Maximilien Mathevon felt that the music could exist and develop outside of the context of the documentary .Inspired by the adventurous life of Alain Gerbault and the beautiful Polynesian scenery, he expanded the existing themes and wrote new ones, giving the music a twist more fictional. The result is a 45 minutes CD album blending original score, alternates and new material. It contains the frantic action of dogfights of the first world war, the excitement and dangers of Gerbault’s maritime adventure, the description of a man’s paradise and his emotion when he witnesses the decadence of this Eden.

More infos, tracklisting et audio clips: http://www.maximilienmathevon.com/bande … albums.php (english version available - see bottom of the page.)