• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The spindly legged ones are creepy, but the furry tarantulas are fine to hold. I certainly don't have personal vendetta against them or anything - that's reserved for crustaceans.

Me neither, if one is in the house I catch it in a glass and it goes straight out to the garden. If I don't get it in time it'll please D to know that Gomez will happily dine out on the little critters.

And this is why i love cats wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Have a look at this Alan.

Martijn, do NOT CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Explains why our gardens are so full of the delights of nature cool

I like how there is an "insect charity"!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    BATMAN BEATS SUPERMAN
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HAH! Bats beats Blue! In your Kryptonian FACE, Überboyscout!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    beer I never really liked Supes.

I wish I had those two comics though, I'd sell them at a bargain $999,999 each and throw in free P&P.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's a seventies throw-over thing, I think: Bats evolved (back) into a rather gritty, mature read with strong social and powerfully ethical overtones almost 15 years before Superman was overhauled.

As these things go, things went way over the edge, and Batman went from master detective in a violent, changing world to something of a rampant psychopath who was far more of a problem than a solution during the later nineties, which was when my sympathy shifted towards a -far more introspective and morally shakeable- Superman.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    Even many of our esteemed friends from overseas are familiar with using terms like Edwardian, Victorian, Elizabethan, Tudor etc which denote certain periods in British history, primarily through films that depict the exploits of sherlock Holmes, king Henry VIII, Elizabeth R etc etc, but what names depict specific periods in say dutch, Belgian, Polish, Greek etc history? I'd like to know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wow. That WAS random! smile

We don't have that many period-specific phrases in The Netherlands, I don't think.
    Let me try and write up a quick chronology and get back to you. smile
  2. The only of such case is the final time of Poland as a monarchy - until 1795, which we call "Stanislavian" in popular and research papers, though mostly we go with the period names. Possibly it is partly because we had only two dynasties and for final 200 years kings were elected by the gentry. Oh and the kings before Stanislav August, we call it the Saxon period (two Saxon kings, father and son were elected king)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for your reply Pawel, I'll be looking into this with more depth now that I have key words to google. beer

I also look forward to hearing more from Martijn and others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    HAH! Bats beats Blue! In your Kryptonian FACE, Überboyscout!

Well, at the end of the day we should have known you can't keep super powers down... Go, Big Blue. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010
    He always was a bit too super for my tastes wink
  3. Just had a fire engine, an ambulance and a paramedic pass the house, blue lights flashing to somewhere further along the cul-de-sac. I wonder what is going on?
    crazy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
    A Towering inferno started by a cow a squid and a snake probably?
  4. Probably. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2011
    NOW WHY DOESN'T THIS SURPRISE ME? biggrin rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2011
    biggrin

... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2012
    Respect my authoritah

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori … 24/4df.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012
    A sign of times:

Over at imdb, a list of audience anticipation for movies opening this week:

The master got 15% so far
    Resident evil: retribution got 150%
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    A sign of times:

Over at imdb, a list of audience anticipation for movies opening this week:

The master got 15% so far
    Resident evil: retribution got 150%

What's the problem D? Paul Anderson gets the best of both high and low brow films biggrin wink

Seriously though, it not a sign of the times, it's always been that way.
  5. More people looking forward to Resident Evil may be partly down to the fact that they know what they are getting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I go to the cinema to see asplosions. (Though it does have to be a good film too.)

Dramas I prefer watching in the comfort of my own home. The last time I saw anything other than a thriller, sci-fi or action film in the cinema was when I saw Benjamin Button. God that was long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2014
  6. Do people ever check out their product before it goes out the door?

I have a box of crackers. On the front it says in little letters:
    serving suggestion
    enlarged to show texture

Okay. I count nine crackers plain as day, stacked. I turn the box around to the side with the nutrition facts. Quote:

"Serving Size 4 Crackers"

So now I'm just fucking confused. But, by CommonCore standards, nine can equal four if the makers/students explain how they got there.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. I see a piece of paper left behin on a desk of a doctor, with a note for surgery and what specifically to be done.

I think it's a little odd then that the people you pay good money to, to do the work and have such extensive knowledge have to scribble below it to "Google" it. Thankfully that wasn't me. I know I don't feel real great about some doc' doing work he had to Google to know how to do.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. Could that piece of paper belong to a patient who "googled" certain keywords in preparation for the interview with the doctor? Many people do that.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. No, not where the note was. This same place has a printed out note to remember something about the human body, on one the machines. Must be comforting to patients getting on the thing.
  10. I wouldn't be so harsh. Medicine is one of the most difficult and complex fields to study and things are constantly developing. Also if the doctor doesn't operate that much he might have to check things out online, maybe it's a procedure he hasn't dealt with before... it's too complex to judge easily and expect them to remember everything even in a field where learning and memorizing are so closely tied.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  11. This wasn't a big hospital, it was a small specialty place with limited proceedures.

Plus even then, you shouldn't put a note like that on a machine where the patient can see it. That's like a British nanny mumbling aloud to herself not to shake the baby, while the parents are saying bye to her for the night.