• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    In a fight who would win....an Astronaut or a scuba-diver?

Surely todays most pressing question!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The astronaut of course!
    As everybody knows astronauts carry ray guns.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote
    In a fight who would win....an Astronaut or a scuba-diver?

Surely todays most pressing question!?

I don't understand where the question is coming from but I'd reply that it depends on where the fight takes place, in the sea or in space?
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think the Astronaut.

The scubadiver would be f***ed in space but the astronaut would be fine underwater......and he's got a ray gun which is better than a harpoon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    This kid here scared the crap out of me!

shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    slant

Mine's better than Martijn's. Rebel scum.

Word. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Your word has been noted and logged for future reference.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    Your word has been noted and logged for future reference.

Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    There was a ( Peruvian? / Bolivian? / Columbian? ) pan pipe band in the centre of town this morning wearing traditional clouthes and playing Trevor Jones theme to Last of The Mohicans which included the lovely Premontary. Played very well too.
  1. I also heard the Main Title once in Warsaw, it seems to be rather popular among those pan pipe bands.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    Must be!?? smile
  2. I guess so, actually. The Main Title belongs to the popular culture right now.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    how can SCRAT be missing in any of the nominations, come'on, the cutest little fur ever created shocked

I definitely agree. I also insist I should have been nominated having the scariest little furry thing ever created, i.e. Mr. Flibble. He'll get very cross.

Peter slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009 edited
    HORNET

I've very rarely ( a handful of times ) seen these creatures in this country but there's one that is visiting my garden almost on a daily basis....scary fookers too!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    HORNET

I've very rarely ( a handful of times ) seen these creatures in this country but there's one that is visiting my garden almost on a daily basis....scary fookers too!

Haven't seen the critter lately.....change in the weather?

What kind of critters do you get in YOUR garden?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009 edited
    I don't think I've ever seen a hornet in Norway. I'm guessing it's too cold for them. Fierce beasts. How is their sting to humans?

By the way, I saw this HUGE grasshopper sitting next to me on the beach in Alanya last week. It was just sitting there on the sign, enjoying the sun. It could easily have filled my palm and then some. I was expecting it to suddenly jump on to my bare stomach or something, so I always kept an eye on it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009 edited
    Same as a wasp but being bigger I'd guess it's twice as painful? Thankfully I've never been stung by one.

Also, as with wasps and bees the sting is only life threatening to those who suffer a severe allergic reaction. ( anaphylactic shock )
  3. Here's the best view of a wasp.

BTW, MARTIJN YOU SHOULDN'T VIEW THIS PHOTO WITHOUT BEING PREPARED - ARACHNID ALERT!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009 edited
    Nice pic! Is it one of yours Alan? That species of spider is everywhere in the UK, my garden is populated with them and I sometimes give them a helping of big fat living blue bottle if I catch one that's come into the house.

just doing my little bit for food hygene and keeping the wicked little child inside alive devil wink
  4. Thanks, Tim! Yes, it's one of mine. We seem to have dozens of them in the garden. We have numerous small conifers bordering the lawn (front and back) and between each tree/shrub there's one of these spiders sitting, waiting.

This photo was taken not far from where the spiderlings appear each year.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Here's the best view of a wasp.

BTW, MARTIJN YOU SHOULDN'T VIEW THIS PHOTO WITHOUT BEING PREPARED - ARACHNID ALERT!!

Have a look at this Alan.

Martijn, do NOT CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Explains why our gardens are so full of the delights of nature cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    Friggin spiders are the delight of nature? Oh man, you need help.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No

....YOU do!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am afraid that you'll find that adoring spideys is in the minority. Of sick people, kind sir. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I believe you love Spider-Man very much.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am afraid that you'll find that adoring spideys is in the minority. Of sick people, kind sir. tongue wink

Fantastic creatures that are part and parcel of what keeps this planet of ours alive. I love all aspects of nature, not just the "fluffy cute animal" side but ALL OF IT!

D, if I was actually with you and I had a tarantula I would have you holding it and not being afraid of it within 20 minutes....FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ha! I'd crap in my pants during the first 10 seconds and then you'd try to resurrect me for the next 19+ minutes. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The spindly legged ones are creepy, but the furry tarantulas are fine to hold. I certainly don't have personal vendetta against them or anything - that's reserved for crustaceans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    (Or more generally, arthropods.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The spindly legged ones are creepy, but the furry tarantulas are fine to hold. I certainly don't have personal vendetta against them or anything - that's reserved for crustaceans.

Me neither, if one is in the house I catch it in a glass and it goes straight out to the garden. If I don't get it in time it'll please D to know that Gomez will happily dine out on the little critters.