• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorNick
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007
    I bought Trek II recently since it was on sale, and I have a new appreciation for it. I had seen most of it before, but never completely from beginning to end. I always had the impression that it was too drawn out with the slow space battles and so on, but I now understand the tension created by that. It's a pretty damn good movie.

As for ALIENS, well....it's right up there as an all-time favorite. I know many people like the tightly paced theatrical version, but I always watch the longer director's cut. It just feels more complete.
    • CommentAuthorNick
    Now to get back to more appropriate conversation for this particular thread:

One of my hobbies is biting my dog's nose. It's fun in a twisted way. Dog always bites mine back, so it's even.

No I'm not making this up.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, there was a time when we had no VHS, and I used every opportunity (meaning, every movie matinee those films were featured, just because no one could tell if there was a next time)...

True!

The first five times I saw Alien was at the cinema with various friends.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Nick wrote
    I bought Trek II recently since it was on sale, and I have a new appreciation for it. I had seen most of it before, but never completely from beginning to end. I always had the impression that it was too drawn out with the slow space battles and so on, but I now understand the tension created by that. It's a pretty damn good movie.

And you have to consider the evolution of special effects. Although there were serious budget cuts after part I, Trek II was technically more than satisfying for a 1982 movie. The most effectful space battle ever done with models alone, in Return of the Jedi, was yet to come... beside that, Trek II had a terrifying viciousness combined with great humour and surprisingly satisfying values with regards to sexy Vulcans. Even if they were half Romulan. wink I think I had a serious crush on Saavik. It might have helped with the 50 times... shame But I was 13, so what do you expect...?

As for ALIENS, well....it's right up there as an all-time favorite. I know many people like the tightly paced theatrical version, but I always watch the longer director's cut. It just feels more complete.
    I agree. There´s a nice voting going on at scifi.com about your favourite Alien or Predator movie. Aliens leads by 60 %. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nick wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I take you're a South Park fan then? biggrin

Actually no. Hate it. Can't stand those annoying voices, can't understand how anyone finds that show funny but to each their own.

IT
    FUCKING
    RULES
    !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2007
    What's up with all these SERIOUS conversations?!?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorNick
    Hey I tried to bring things back on track with my very real hobby of biting my dog's nose, but I guess that wasn't far enough out there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Must be Thursday.
    I never could get the hang of Thursdays... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    My dog (an Alaskan Malamute) has to be stopped from trying to jump into our large tv screen every time we watch Planet Earth or other animal doccos (or Jackson's King Kong). He barks and howls at the screen while we hold him back! Even after we turn the tv off he still searches underneth or behind the set to find where the animals might be hiding!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2007 edited
    Yesterday we saw a german movie called Keinohrhasen (Rabbit wothout ears). It was brilliant. Really.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960790/
    • CommentAuthorNick
    Atham wrote
    My dog (an Alaskan Malamute) has to be stopped from trying to jump into our large tv screen every time we watch Planet Earth or other animal doccos (or Jackson's King Kong). He barks and howls at the screen while we hold him back! Even after we turn the tv off he still searches underneth or behind the set to find where the animals might be hiding!

Wow.

My dog (schnoodle) recognizes her own reflection in a mirror and does nothing, totally ignores dogs and other animals on TV, and understands that she is a dog, and therefore knows what a dog is if you say the word or ask her to find one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I never saw Aliens.
    And I don't like Thursdays either.
    People always succeed in programming the most boring lessons on that day.
    And I'm sure, when I work (if I ever want to), it'll be the most boring day too!!!!!

angry sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Who's got the biggest head to body ratio?

Victoria ( Posh Spice ) Beckham or Sarah Jessica Parker?

Close call I'd say? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Must be Thursday.
    I never could get the hang of Thursdays... slant

New one on me bud? slant
    • CommentAuthorNick
    I dig Thursdays. It's CSI night.

And Ugly Betty.

And My Name Is Earl.

Yeah, I watch too much TV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Atham wrote

If this was a Hollywood movie, you'd wake up one day calling for your dog, but it wouldn't come running as usual. After a day of searching for it, you sit on the couch in a somber mood, switch on the telly, and you'd see him running with a pack of wolves, with Fenton's music swelling to epic proportions.

Peter (should write screen plays) smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Nick wrote
    I dig Thursdays. It's CSI night.

And Ugly Betty.

And My Name Is Earl.

Yeah, I watch too much TV.

Over here, in the Netherlands, it seems every night is CSI-night slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    plindboe wrote
    Atham wrote

If this was a Hollywood movie, you'd wake up one day calling for your dog, but it wouldn't come running as usual. After a day of searching for it, you sit on the couch in a somber mood, switch on the telly, and you'd see him running with a pack of wolves, with Fenton's music swelling to epic proportions.

Peter (should write screen plays) smile

Hehe, yep. It'll be quite a Twilight Zone experience if that ever happened!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    I never saw Aliens.

Well you must! You must!

God wants you to see this film, He told me so Himself... and who are you to argue with GOD?! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I never saw Aliens.

Well you must! You must!

God wants you to see this film, He told me so Himself... and who are you to argue with GOD?! shocked

Considering the current state of your relationship with God, I'd say He would tell you anything, just to mess with your mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    BobdH wrote
    Considering the current state of your relationship with God, I'd say He would tell you anything, just to mess with your mind.

biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    BobdH wrote
    Steven wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I never saw Aliens.

Well you must! You must!

Me and God are the same person. See, I was praying to God last night and suddenly I realised I was talking to myself... therefore, I am God!

And as God, I demand that Bregt watch Aliens. biggrin
  2. Timmer wrote
    bartley wrote
    Someone refe
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The content of this thread is certainly living up to its title thus far! biggrin

Have you eaten an illusion pie?

What is an illusion pie?
    (most be something to do with David Copperfield.) wink

Nothing so hi-tech as that!

It's just your normal puff / shortcrust pastry pie which looks nice big fat and filling and the label says it's meat / veg / fruit etc but when you bite into it there's nought inside......I've had the misfortune to have bought two of these in my life.....totally mortifying! angry

wink

I've not had that experience before, Tim.

But I have had a Kit-Kat that was solid chocolate (with no wafer-y bit). lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    bartley wrote
    Someone refe
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The content of this thread is certainly living up to its title thus far! biggrin

Have you eaten an illusion pie?

What is an illusion pie?
    (most be something to do with David Copperfield.) wink

Nothing so hi-tech as that!

It's just your normal puff / shortcrust pastry pie which looks nice big fat and filling and the label says it's meat / veg / fruit etc but when you bite into it there's nought inside......I've had the misfortune to have bought two of these in my life.....totally mortifying! angry

wink

I've not had that experience before, Tim.

But I have had a Kit-Kat that was solid chocolate (with no wafer-y bit). lick

LOL biggrin

I've had exactly the same once, and for some weird reason the fact there was no wafer made it even better dizzy , the novelty of it? confused

On to something else, how come all my friends say they have had two yolk eggs plenty of times but considering how much I love eggs I've never had ONE!? slant
  3. Your friends have been lying to you all this time?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Your friends have been lying to you all this time?

They've stitched me up?!!! shocked

Why I oughtta....
    • CommentAuthorNick
    BobdH wrote

Over here, in the Netherlands, it seems every night is CSI-night slant

Well, Thursdays are when new episodes of it air.

However....

Mondays - new CSI Miami
    Wednesdays - new CSI NY

Every night on 3 separate channels - CSI rerun marathons of all 3 shows, in addition to having them on at the same time each night.

So it's all over TV here in Canada/US.

But I never watch those reruns, because I have almost all the DVDs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2007 edited
    Add to that all the clones of CSI or just series that have a lot in common with it (Medical Investigation, Shark, Bones, Justice, Cold Case), or the old ones that are being dusted off from the archive because it ties in so neatly with CSI (Law & Order, old and new!), you can have a crime night every night!

Saturday must be the worst over here: on just one channel, the evening starts with Law & Order, followed by Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Then Cold Case, followed by, yes, Law & Order! And then, again, Special Victims Unit! You can watch four hours of Law & Order!

And then I'm not even going into all the Dutch crime-shows (basically the same, but with Dutch / Flemish actors) we have to put up with! Talk about a hype dizzy
  4. Bregt, you really owe it to yourself to watch Aliens. It is a superb movie from the beginning, though you might need an hour or so until you begin to feel it. After the second hour, you wished you saw that on premiere day with a huge fan audience. And just then the real fun begins! This movie is amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2007
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Bregt, you really owe it to yourself to watch Aliens. It is a superb movie from the beginning, though you might need an hour or so until you begin to feel it. After the second hour, you wished you saw that on premiere day with a huge fan audience. And just then the real fun begins! This movie is amazing.

I thank you my disciple, you have proved yourself worthy of my divinity. Go forth and teach it to others! Your rewards in Heaven will be plentiful.

biggrin