• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Next thing rifle-man sais: "I quit! I spent enough time in the company of death!"

cheesy V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2013 edited
    I love old pictures like this...

That's not a crocodile.....THAT'S A CROCODILE!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2013
    Deinosuchus! Jaws of DEATH, baby!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Deinosuchus! Jaws of DEATH, baby!

NO FOOKING SHIT!!!!

From wiki:-

Modern saltwater crocodiles, with the strongest bite of any living animal, have a maximum force of 16,460 N (3,700 lbf). The bite force of Deinosuchus has been estimated to exceed 18,000 N (4,000 lbf).[1] Even the largest and strongest theropod dinosaurs, such as Tyrannosaurus, probably had a bite force inferior to that of Deinosuchus

dizzy shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DINO-SUCKUS?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    DINO-SUCKUS?

Deinosuchus (pron.: /ˌdaɪnəˈsjuːkəs/ DY-nə-SEW-kəs)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    VALLEY OF THE T-REX
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Tyrannosaurus was NOT a scavenger. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Tyrannosaurus was NOT a scavenger. angry

And I agree with you. beer

I very much expect that T-Rex was an opportunist too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, indubitably. Why make life harder than it needs to be? It isn't easy being green!
    (Male) lions exhibit the same trait, incidentally.
    Guess it's a 'king' thing. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

Hyena's are another example, predominantly known as scavengers they have been filmed hunting and killing live prey.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn, I was wondering if you're possibly old enough to remember that all information on T-Rex went along the lines of it being 20 feet in height ( approx: 6 1/2 meters ) and 50 feet in length ( approx: 16 meters ) back in the days when T-Rex dragged his tail standing upright.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013
    Heh, I don't think that's an age thing particularly (although the Jurassic Park/Walking With Dinosaurs generation growing up now may change the tide), as popular culture has been putting ol' T-Rex upright in our collective subconsciousnesses for quite some time!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As long as the kids copy Charles R Knight cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Heh, I don't think that's an age thing particularly (although the Jurassic Park/Walking With Dinosaurs generation growing up now may change the tide), as popular culture has been putting ol' T-Rex upright in our collective subconsciousnesses for quite some time!

I didn't knew either! Mislead for so long I have been. shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013 edited
    ...hence the truly awful dino emoticon on the site, right?

kill dino

When oh when oh when are you going to change this abomination, Bregt? angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...all of a sudden ---- I see clearly!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013
    MEGALODON

I haven't watched it yet but it looks interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OOOOoooooo! Viewing pleasure this evening! lick :jaws:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013 edited
    :fish:
    EDIT:-

Sadly....

dino

....is the best ":fish:" icon. uhm slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    :teeth:

:shark:

This board sucks. angry
    That's my axe right there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Interesting doco! To have a 60 ft shark swimming around today would be truly terrifying! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    They'd certainly be viewing them from bigger and stronger cages than the ones they use now. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    This board sucks. angry
    :death:

icecream
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014
    Thanks to dragon53 at FSM for this info...

http://www.ncsu.edu/features/2013/11/di … discovery/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014
    It looks like a goddamn toucan!
    If the majestic and indomitable Tyrannosaur was "kept in check" by this beastie, it's because they probably died laughing when encountering one!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014
    I want 15 different dinosaur icons.

Including one for :RoaringOutLoudLaughingDino:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014
    This is just wonderful. Truly talented man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7WjcV-Sdjg love
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    Spinosaurus appeared in the 2001 film Jurassic Park III, it replaced ''Tyrannosaurus'' as the main antagonist.[42] The film's consulting paleontologist John R. Horner was quoted as saying: "If we base the ferocious factor on the length of the animal, there was nothing that ever lived on this planet that could match this creature [Spinosaurus]. Also my hypothesis is that T-rex was actually a scavenger rather than a killer. Spinosaurus was really the predatory animal."[43] In the film, Spinosaurus was portrayed as larger and more powerful than Tyrannosaurus: in a scene depicting a battle between the two resurrected predators, Spinosaurus emerges victorious by snapping the tyrannosaur's neck.[44]

Says Jack Horner, one of the worlds most respected palaeontologists talking about a fish eater. Talk about selling out to Hollywood money rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27441156