• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2015
    I've definitely put this one up before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkVqu_jxbmQ

Worth watching for those interested and may have missed it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015
    http://abc7.com/society/christian-group … ie/516262/

lol

p.s. love the stock photo of a "Dinosaur". Big oops! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. love the stock photo of a "Dinosaur". Big oops! biggrin

applause

Excellent!
    Well spotted. I didn't even look that closely.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015
    Bring back BRONTOSAURUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015
    Can we have crowdfunders and online petitions?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015
    BIG SEA THINGS

I was always very suspicious of the Liopleurodon as portrayed in BBC's Walking With Dinosaurs ( 75 ft and 150 tons? ....nah!!!! ) but it seems to be portrayed as undersized here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015
    Annoyingly it seems to be correct...(inasmuch as 'correct' is applicable here. 'Congruent with the latest finds and estimates' seems to be more to the point. Liopleurodon has been "downscaled" to a paltry 6-6.5 meters based on a 2003 find.

I'm also slightly miffed that Kronosaur now has been adjusted to a mere 10 meters.

Nevertheless the fearsome Mosasaur continues to be a tru monster of the Deep!
    That one used to give me nightmares when I was a wee little Martijn. More than any shark the Mosasaur embodied the genetic memory of death teeth from below.
  1. Look at that Shastasaurus though! How cute. Like a big friendly floating island. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Look at that Shastasaurus though! How cute. Like a big friendly floating island. smile

...until it submerges and you come face-to-face with Martijn's toothy mate Mini The Mosasaur wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Annoyingly it seems to be correct...(inasmuch as 'correct' is applicable here. 'Congruent with the latest finds and estimates' seems to be more to the point. Liopleurodon has been "downscaled" to a paltry 6-6.5 meters based on a 2003 find.

I'm also slightly miffed that Kronosaur now has been adjusted to a mere 10 meters.

You'll remember that Megalodon got downsized from

this

to

this
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Nevertheless the fearsome Mosasaur continues to be a tru monster of the Deep!
    That one used to give me nightmares when I was a wee little Martijn. More than any shark the Mosasaur embodied the genetic memory of death teeth from below.

When I was a wee little Timmer this beastie ruled my nightmares.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2015
    Martijn wrote
    ANd I'd LOVE to live in a place that was big enough to be able to put this one up (but it's a whopping sixty+ centimeters! There's no way in hell it wouldn't dominate any room (and not just by being....you know...him.))

So I caved and got myself...HIM...fot Christmas (who else is gonna give me batshit crazy stuff like this, right?).

...and I was right. He's SO huge! shocked
    So I have come to the only proper, inevitable conclusion: I'm going to move house in 2016.

What can ya do, right?
  2. So ... 60 cm. About the size of those big Star Wars statuettes that you see on display everywhere. Dr Doom. Not quite sure I ever heard of that fellow.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2015
    Captain Future wrote
    So ... 60 cm. About the size of those big Star Wars statuettes that you see on display everywhere. Dr Doom.

No, these Star Wars statuettes are quite a bit smaller: 30-35 cm.
    (Trust me: I know smile )

Not quite sure I ever heard of that fellow.

Your status of Geek has hereby been revoked.
    Henceforth you are only allowed to post on Hans Zimmer or the latest boy bands.
  3. shocked ONE DIRECTION!!!

wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2015 edited
    Captain Future wrote

Not quite sure I ever heard of that fellow.

Martijn wrote
    Your status of Geek has hereby been revoked.
    Henceforth you are only allowed to post on Hans Zimmer or the latest boy bands.

yeah
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015
    You now know tis only a matter of time before great CTHULHU turns up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    "What happens when Jerry gets mad?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    You now know tis only a matter of time before great CTHULHU turns up.

shocked What a beaut!
    About 4 meters, eh? Wonderful sight!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016 edited
    Martijn, this on Sunday 24th January at 6.30 on BBC1

ATTENBOROUGH AND THE GIANT DINOSAUR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest … t-dinosaur

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2016
    Recorder primed and set! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea about this. Also, I highly recommend World's Sneakiest Animals with Chris Packham. The niches evolution has found defy belief.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    The niches evolution has found defy belief.

biggrin

I see what you did there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. In that sense, I can empathise. In another sense, I want to destroy them. Make them wear armbands, send them to ghettos. A bit of fascism never hurt anyone.

Ahem. Yes, anyway. I highly recommend the series.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea about this. Also, I highly recommend World's Sneakiest Animals with Chris Packham. The niches evolution has found defy belief.

Haha! biggrin

But yeah, good series this.
  4. Linked headline on the Druge Report (goes to USA Today):

99-million-year-old spider found with erection...

I did a quick search and yes -- every possible joke you can imagine, is being made, from the compromising postion to an extra leg.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016
    I was at a long time friend of mine tonight, he's not interested in Dinosaurs or fossils particularly and had somehow, to my astonishment never realised my enthusiasm for the subject after our conversation turned to the subject, he said to me he had what he thought might be a Dinosaur tooth in his workshop that was given to him a long time ago, He says to me he doesn't know anything about it but it has serrated edges, "can I see it" I say, "I might even be able to identify it" I say, he brings it to me and I recognise it straight away, it's a MEGALODON tooth.

Long story short I was so excited he gave it to me and said "there you go, happy Christmas".

I'm a happy bunny. For those interested I'll stick a pic on FB soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BTW I'm drunk and reading my post back I see lots of grammar mistakes but I don't give a shit so thrtre.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PIC