• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    Scientists better fucking hurry up and create Jurassic Park. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    I've just come back from seeing coolGodzillalove and I need to readjust my sense of scale before I properly comment.

As, y'know, my first thought was that it probably might nicely fill one of G's hollow molars.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014
    Hey guys wave

Ummmm, like, you know it was my birthday the other day, welllllll.............

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles … s-2002091/
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    and more...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles … les-31033/

Sublime sculpting, genuine love and attention to details and accuracy have gone into these works.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The Infamous Spider Sequence
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I know them well.
    I currently have this one on order, and was thinking about this one....but it is a LOT of money.

ANd I'd LOVE to live in a place that was big enough to be able to put this one up (but it's a whopping sixty+ centimeters! There's no way in hell it wouldn't dominate any room (and not just by being....you know...him.))
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice!!! Nice!!! and Nice!!! cool

The Robo stuff, the Star Wars stuff, The Avengers stuff.... I'd love to have it all!!!!!! Alas space, and more importantly money prevents my plans of house dominated geek worlds slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll bet that one of the first poses you put Vader into will be the "I am your father" pose. wink
  1. Or alternatively:
    "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014
    New discovery of a giant dinosaur
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014 … us-schrani
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice one Bregt beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I want one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014 edited
    Well, this is definitely not the Dinosaur from Jurassic Park III
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've always been suspicious of reconstructions of this Dinosaur based on such flimsy evidence, a lot of which was bombed out of existence during a raid on Munich in WW II. The relatively delicate skull remains never equated with the Tyrannosaur destroying huge bodied monster of JP III for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Next you'll tell me Dinos had feathers and velociraptors were much smaller than they appeared in the first film!? Crazy fool!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014
    Steven wrote
    You've already told me some Dinosaurs had feathers and velociraptors were much smaller than they appeared in the first film.

Information for which I will be eternally thankful to you for.

You're welcome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't recall saying this, though I must have since it's in quotes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I don't recall saying this, though I must have since it's in quotes.

PLUS it's on the internet now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Like this.

TRUTH, baby!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Like this.

TRUTH, baby!

Nothing like a touch of accuracy. Truth will out!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2014 edited
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29743081

I did a slight change to the thread title to include everything prehistoric and non-Dinosaur wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    I'll bet that one of the first poses you put Vader into will be the "I am your father" pose. wink

Actually, no.
    I've put him into what I call the "I'm 'avin' you, sunshine" pose.
  2. And I thought I was nuts, having a STAR WARS poster and a small model of the ENTERPRISE in my living room.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, to be sure, there's nothing outré in my living room.
    In fact, although it's quite eclectic, it's quite tasteful.

My little STUDY however, where Darth is but a detail, is a veritable treasure trove of mostly sci-fi pop culture iconography.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn

We need a much, MUCH bigger boat.

Just kidding. smile
  3. My study is too small fo such things. It's crammed with my school-related stuff. Your EAGLE from Space: 1999 looks great btw! Are there more such beauties that you'd care to show off around here? beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, I'm VERY happy with my Eagle!
    It was one of the first pieces I collected, as it's SUCH an iconic design.

Maybe I'll make some more photos, but I'm afraid I may ruin my carefully nurtured image as a gentleman of style and sophistication.

...he said, posting on a film music board....
    OK, I'll do it. But in another thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This may be the start of a very nerdy thread. (Of which I will contribute.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    THAT'S IT!
    I'M NOT POSTING ANYTHING THAT WILL NOT ATTEST TO MY PERFECTLY IMMACULATE TASTE!

My stereo.
    My lunch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

You have a plant, that's very adult and responsible. I have a Lotso Huggin bear that actually smells like strawberries next to a Mr. Hanky The Christmas Poo. (As you can well imagine I'm literally swimming in pussy.)