• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016
    Wow, cool! Congrats, Timmer. That's the shark/croc-like dinosaur from JURASSIC WORLD, right?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nope! Here you go Thunderer...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalodon
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, OK. So what was the thing in JURASSIC WORLD?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Watersaurus. We've been through this.
  1. A Mosasaur I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, physiologically it is a mosasaur, although -unsurprisingly wink - they took some liberties with its size.

Timmer, that is a FANTASTIC gift. love
    I am SO jealous.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016 edited
    Martijn wrote

I am SO jealous.

I was gobsmacked, I didn't know a long time friend of mine had this treasure hanging around in a tool box. shocked

Martijn wrote
    Yes, physiologically it is a mosasaur, although -unsurprisingly wink - they took some liberties with its size.

Yup! Great White shark munching Watersaurus way beyond accurate size rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

I am SO jealous.

I was gobsmacked, I didn't know a long time friend of mine had this treasure hanging around in a tool box. shocked

It's so interesting to see people who have NO idea of the valuables they have.
    Quite often I've seen people throw out music albums that -at the time- were real collector's items. Or even copper antiquities. They just don't know what they have!

A tooth like this, and in this condition, isn't cheap either!
    I won't quote any prices as it was so obviously given out of affection, without any thought to intrinsic value, so it really doesn't matter.
    ( Besides, you can easily find them online anyway, should you be interested).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Thor wrote
    Wow, cool! Congrats, Timmer. That's the shark/croc-like dinosaur from JURASSIC WORLD, right?

No, it's a flying shark. Their natural habitat are tornadoes. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017
    Word
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2017
    applause When dinosaurs ruled the earth!
  3. Proof that dinosaurs were the more intelligent species. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Yes, they knew I'd be around eventually. biggrin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017
    Yayyyyyy!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe … 47cd8909c7

Come on Martijn, time for your icon of icons to be displayed punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017 edited
    We need an epic DUH icon!
    But in the meantime this will do:
    trex
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017 edited
    punk An end to this ( looks like the artist took inspiration from Cruella DeVille )

I do like Feathered Velociraptors but until more evidence surfaces paleo-artists will just have to continue imagining to what extent Dinosaurs had feathers.

Huge liberties have been taken with some interpretations.
  5. trex
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. ^^^^^^^^^^

FRIGGIN' EPIC !
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2017
    Timmer wrote
    punk An end to this ( looks like the artist took inspiration from Cruella DeVille )

I do like Feathered Velociraptors but until more evidence surfaces paleo-artists will just have to continue imagining to what extent Dinosaurs had feathers.

Huge liberties have been taken with some interpretations.

I know about the bird-dino connection, of course (everyone who's seen JURASSIC PARK does), but the more "birdy" they look, the less frightening or awesome they are, IMO. I prefer the more reptilian look.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2017
    A lovely piece of paleoCG art here.

Giganotasaurus