• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012 edited
    Which is.....? (the temp track i mean)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012
    Various Goldsmith and, oddly, Kamen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Where are those scores?

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/07/14 … e-cuisine/

He also has a [recorded] score for the pushed back to 2014 film "Americana", and a new version of "Les Miserables".

Okay, so that's more like five new scores coming.

Le Miserables is the musical starring Russell Crowe, is it possibly adaptation scoring?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I don't know -- details have been sketchy so far.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    The Powell scores are modern action masterpieces. One of the best-scored trilogies in cinematic history. Yes, not far from the original Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and things like that. Just different in its approach.

Comparing the Bourne's to Star Wars & LOTR is not right. But then I've never been too much of a fan of Powell. I don't care for his busy writing style.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Where are those scores?

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/07/14 … e-cuisine/

He also has a [recorded] score for the pushed back to 2014 film "Americana", and a new version of "Les Miserables".

Okay, so that's more like five new scores coming.

Le Miserables is the musical starring Russell Crowe, is it possibly adaptation scoring?

Now that is an interesting project!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JERRY GOLDSMITH - The sum of all fears

Very underrated score by the late Jerry Goldsmith. The opening aria is magnificent.
  3. Yeah, I think it's his best post 1999.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Hans Zimmer - Crimson Tide

To honour Tony Scott's passing, I will play what I deem to be the best score to the best movie by the director.

RIP.
  5. I will play Zimmer's CRIMSON TIDE, right after DAYS OF THUNDER (currently spinning) in honour of Tony Scott, because both the scores and films are true guilty pleasures for me. Scott sure had a knack for helming entertaining action films, of which CT is definitely the more distinguished of the two.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Terminal - John Williams

My JW mood is still going on.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    NP: The Terminal - John Williams

My JW mood is still going on.

Tis a wonderful mood to be in love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. JAWS (THE MCNEELY RECORDING) - WILLIAMS

This recording allows me to enjoy the score a whole lot more. As the sound is much more impressive than on the official cd's I can get into Williams' rousing pieces as well as the subtler underscore with greater ease, even though it's not an easy listen at times. That being said, Jaws will never get into my top 20 of Williams scores, it's just not right up there with what I consider his all time best works.

I may get shot for saying this... shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    JAWS (THE MCNEELY RECORDING) - WILLIAMS

This recording allows me to enjoy the score a whole lot more. As the sound is much more impressive than on the official cd's I can get into Williams' rousing pieces as well as the subtler underscore with greater ease, even though it's not an easy listen at times. That being said, Jaws will never get into my top 20 of Williams scores, it's just not right up there with what I consider his all time best works.

While I would agree that JAWS isn't in my top 20 favourite Williams scores I have to say that it is undoubtedly in his top 10 best film scores, a perfect score and completely deserving of it's Oscar.

Still, You DO deserve this... kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - Crimson Tide

To honour Tony Scott's passing, I will play what I deem to be the best score to the best movie by the director.

RIP.

I was shocked by his death. I've grown up with his movies and I've always enjoyed every movies he made. Very underrated director, IMHO, given how influential his style has been.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    JAWS (THE MCNEELY RECORDING) - WILLIAMS

While I would agree that JAWS isn't in my top 20 favourite Williams scores I have to say that it is undoubtedly in his top 10 best film scores, a perfect score and completely deserving of it's Oscar.

Still, You DO deserve this... kill

See? shocked

falls down in a pool of blood
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Total Recall - HGW

Much much better now after the first and 2nd listening. There are some interesting rhythms and musical ideas that shines through. I still would have love stronger thematic/melodic ideas though.
  7. I listened to Spy Game to honour Tony Scott as well. What a good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I listened to Spy Game to honour Tony Scott as well. What a good score.

HGW's truly good score along with Kingdom of Heaven.
  8. Hans Zimmer - The Fan

The suite as presented on the original album. Of course, that's another Tony Scott movie, his last with Hans as the composer. This very industrial suite in sound foreshadows more elegant darker works like Hannibal and even The Dark Knight Rises (the cue On Thin Ice owes quite a lot to this score's chord progressions). The theme, a very simple string elegy, works just wonderfully. A largely unknown score.

I have to share a little memory I have of watching the movie for the first time. Of course it's hardly Tony Scott's best film and that's putting it very delicately. When I watched it for the first time, I didn't know much about film music or cinema, my passion kicked in a few months later, but being an 11 year old kid and all I managed to predict the WHOLE script, that's how it really was.

Ironically enough, about two weeks ago I had a very nice Facebook conversation with Hans about Tony. When I told him I saw The Fan, Hans said just one thing:

"Don't!"

Weird those little memories can be, can't they?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA - THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER (David Arnold)

A novel of a title! The score is good, especially the more magical/ethereal parts. Classic symphonic Arnold.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JANE EYRE - John Williams

Not just one of my favourite Williams scores but one of my all time favourite scores!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Crimes of the Heart - Georges Delerue

Wonderful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Water Horse - James Newton Howard

All the Irish bollocks makes me want to be sick (NOT my thing at all) but there's some pleasant stuff here too.
  9. When I first read the post, I actually read WAR Horse, then I saw JNH's name and was like "oh, wrong score" biggrin

Personally I'm listening to

Jerry Goldsmith - The Mummy

Maybe it's the shandy I had, but now I'm enjoying it much more than I did before!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    When I first read the post, I actually read WAR Horse, then I saw JNH's name and was like "oh, wrong score" biggrin

Personally I'm listening to

Jerry Goldsmith - The Mummy

Maybe it's the shandy I had, but now I'm enjoying it much more than I did before!

It's my alltime favourite Goldsmith!
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Not mine, I like it, but I think it's just above average, not a work of genius. From that year I happen to love Mulan the most, which is one of my all-time Goldsmith favorites.
  11. Damn, I just realized that The Mummy was released the year BEFORE The Mummy shame
  12. ^

:idiot:

Obviously I meant Mulan.