• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    ^

:idiot:

Obviously I meant Mulan.

biggrin I wasn't gonna say...

(Well, I was. But you beat me to it.dizzy )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. NP: The Expendables 2 - Brian Tyler

I think that I am one of the few people who actually look forward to a Brian Tyler score these days. From the positive comments (enjoyment rather than ground-breaking - remember it's Tyler we are talking about I hear many say) I had read on this one I was looking forward to hearing this.

But, god my ears have just taken a bit of a battering! Tyler seems to have replaced his usual and familiar action scoring for this generic thumping noise that doesn't seem to let up.

Not one I will be returning to in a hurry!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Wow, now I can't wait to hear it...the mixedness of the reviews is intriguing!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: The Expendables 2 - Brian Tyler

I think that I am one of the few people who actually look forward to a Brian Tyler score these days.

You are not alone. I always find something to like in Tyler's scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The film is LOADS of fun, even more so than the first one. The score did its job, but I have a hard time remembering any particulars. That may obviously be because of the gazillion explosions and screaming and stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban - John Willams

My JW day is becoming JW week... biggrin

"A Window to the Past" is one of my favorite JW tracks.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Thor wrote
    The film is LOADS of fun, even more so than the first one. The score did its job, but I have a hard time remembering any particulars. That may obviously be because of the gazillion explosions and screaming and stuff.

Nah, that's just Brian Tyler.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Thor wrote

This photo of the three ultimate badasses is all the incentive I need to go and watch this flick ASAP. Since I loved the first I will be going totally crazy over the second. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thor wrote

This photo of the three ultimate badasses is all the incentive I need to go and watch this flick ASAP. Since I loved the first I will be going totally crazy over the second. punk

Yeah, that's the photo I (and the rest of the Norwegian press) used as the review photo.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE KENTUCKIAN (Bernard Herrmann)

Moody and broody, but also upbeat at times. Fairly accesible for a Herrmann score. Several CITIZEN KANE chords.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. AGE OF PIRATES: CARIBBEAN TALES - YURY POTEYENKO

If you are into grand, schwashbuckling, adventurous and thematically superb music, you need to get this game score! A CD that will raise a big smile on your face cheesy if you're sick and tired of modern generic music without memorable themes and bland orchestrations, because this is quite the opposite. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's good, innit? :har:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of port dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A port in every storm!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: STARSHIP TROOPERS (Basil Poledouris)

Gearing up for the Verhoeven podcast in a couple of hours!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Crimes of the Heart - Georges Delerue

Swoon. So gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There are two types of people in the world - those who love the music of Georges Delerue and those who've never heard any music by Georges Delerue. This is a FACT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Speaking of Delerue...

NP: 1920 Bitwa Warszawska - Debski

The opening track sounds almost precisely like it could have been written by Delerue. It's that good.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. Southall wrote
    87% of women agree.

The other 13% said "Justin Beiber".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. When I saw the first name by the 13%, I thought about you and then...

Symphonette #2

sorry
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Fell free to ignore ALL of my posts.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Southall wrote
    87% of women agree.

The other 13% said "Justin Beiber".

Sadly maybe not that far off.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
    Corri Uomo Corri - Bruno Nicolai

Oh no. This is going to be expensive. I have discovered (through random purchases) that I like a lot of Italian scores by people other than Ennio Morricone just as much as the ones by him. This one's brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ted Walter Murphy & Various

A wonderfully sweet and jazzy score, with a very catchy main theme and some of the best action music I've heard all year. Perhaps surprising to some, but then again perhaps not to fans of Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane is certainly a fan of traditional film music, made evident with the tip of the hat to Raiders (as well as, clearly, jazz). Murphy delivers some refreshingly old fashioned, over-the-top action scoring nearer the film's end.

The film itself is sweet and very funny (that is, if you like the sort of humour MacFarlane sells). Although the humour is definitely that of Family Guy, MacFarlane doesn't over do it to the point of being Family Guy: The Film. I was surprised at how little the film relied on flashback humour, a staple of MacFarlane humour, and more on character. A predictable script it may have, but with the on screen chemistry between its three main characters, one that includes a well-CGI'd Boston teddy bear, it's hard to care. I rather hope MacFarlane returns to the big screen soon.
  8. All my John Williams tracks on shuffle on my Ipod, one great track after another!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : IRIS - James Horner

Astoundingly lovely score, of course there are some Hornerisms here, Sneakers for one but it's also very reminiscent of Vaughan Williams at times and that is never a bad thing in my book.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    All my John Williams tracks on shuffle on my Ipod, one great track after another!

It's very hard to go wrong there! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    John Chambers wrote
    All my John Williams tracks on shuffle on my Ipod, one great track after another!

It's very hard to go wrong there! cool

He obviously doesn't own JOHN GOLDFARB PLEASE COME HOME.
    I am extremely serious.