• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    Miya wrote
    And I must admit I don't like The Raiders' March...

tongue

:whip:
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited
    Nom nom nom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Wassup with your cookie???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited
    ...yeah, I've totally forgot what mine is. uhm

Edit: oh it's plural...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JFK - John Williams

A very good score to a very good though very iffy film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    "Overture" from La Nouvelle Guerre des Boutons by Rombi.
    This one took a little while to grow on me, the main theme is not quite as obviously gorgeous as some of Rombi's other works, but its actually just as good with repeated listens.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    NP: The Expendables 2 - Brian Tyler

This is an exhausting album that doesn't let up at all - it's wall-to-wall action music. Enjoyable enough, but best taken in small doses!
  1. I found Tyler's most recent work quite tiring - in most senses of the word!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : VERTIGO - Bernard Herrmann

One of THE great scores, fabulous stuff and a superb recording.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE GREAT ESCAPE - Elmer Bernstein

Rightly a classic.
  2. Timmer wrote

Rightly a classic.

It's funny, but for a few iconic tracks, I have not been able to get into this classic.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012
    Tim, I'm coming over to your place. The last two albums you've played are brilliant!
    Get the drinks out and we'll play them again! beer

Ignore the fact that I would have to travel several thousands of kilometres to get there! lol
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Rightly a classic.

It's funny, but for a few iconic tracks, I have not been able to get into this classic.

And when I'm done with the 2CD, I wish there were more cues/variations.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Erik Woods wrote
    Miya wrote
    And I must admit I don't like The Raiders' March...

tongue

:whip:

Cute wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Steven wrote
    :cookies:

Cute and fluffy wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Frances - John Barry

Possibly his most gorgeous, romantic score. Absolutely fantastic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Rightly a classic.

And when I'm done with the 2CD, I wish there were more cues/variations.

cool beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    Tim, I'm coming over to your place. The last two albums you've played are brilliant!
    Get the drinks out and we'll play them again! beer

Ignore the fact that I would have to travel several thousands of kilometres to get there! lol

Yeap, it's not exactly cycling distance wink
  4. James Horner - House of Sand and Fog

A heavily underrated score. I loved it (mostly) in the film and I like the atmospheric album. One of the first time when he tried pulling off a certain sound to aid the movie and simplify some of his musical language to serve the movie, while at that. (As much as I love his technical complexity, my biggest problem with James Horner as a film composer is that it's often to the movie's detriment; one of the best and my favourite exceptions is Apollo 13). I love the restraint. And he's not so much, sadly, renowned for that. The score to "To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday" shows a lot of potential here, but it's largely overlooked. This one is much darker, of course.

The movie is great as well.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. ^^ Yes, one of my personal favorites from Horner. It works exceptionally in the film.
  6. I think it's a bit too much in the final scenes and actually I was happy to see the director acknowledge it and blame it on himself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME - Maurice Jarre

Awesome!
  7. PawelStroinski wrote
    I think it's a bit too much in the final scenes and actually I was happy to see the director acknowledge it and blame it on himself.

Really? That was actually the best part of the film...
  8. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Thomas Newman

"Assault on the Senses" is lovely. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    James Horner - House of Sand and Fog

A heavily underrated score. I loved it (mostly) in the film and I like the atmospheric album. One of the first time when he tried pulling off a certain sound to aid the movie and simplify some of his musical language to serve the movie, while at that. (As much as I love his technical complexity, my biggest problem with James Horner as a film composer is that it's often to the movie's detriment; one of the best and my favourite exceptions is Apollo 13). I love the restraint. And he's not so much, sadly, renowned for that. The score to "To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday" shows a lot of potential here, but it's largely overlooked. This one is much darker, of course.

The movie is great as well.

Love it, love it!

Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Thomas Newman

"Assault on the Senses" is lovely. cool

Lovely is indeed the best word to describe it my friend!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012 edited
    NP: Battleship - Steve Jablonsky

There are some really excellent musical pieces in here, as Steve Jablonsky demonstrate his talent for long form musical development. But half of the album has too much sound design that I can't grab onto. The movie is just as bad, the VFX work is awesome, but the story needed more work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hemingway & Gellhorn - Javier Navarette

Blimey, this is good. Spanish-flavoured romance and drama. Excellent music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012 edited
    Does it remind you of Puss In Boots?

Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone

SOme of it is absolutely stunning. Recordare, Ecstasy of Gold (one of the greatest renditions!), the Main Theme for Once Upon a Time in the West and Marco Polo are my favourites.

Does anyone know how that cd was called of a concert recording in Rome? I once rented it in the library, but can't find the name any more. I remember Erik loved it as well.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    Does it remind you of Puss In Boots?

It does not. How remarkable it is to hear Spanish music which does not use the same melody, harmonic structure and precise instrumental detail as James Horner's Zorro music. I had been led to believe this was not possible.
  9. punk
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am