• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013
    Steven wrote
    Who doesn't? Finally we're given a memorable baddy in a decent Bond film.

I've still yet to see the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013 edited
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Steven wrote
    And he seems like a very nice guy, which is always a bonus. In fact there's a good chance I may have a mancrush on him.

Join the club. wink

No need to fight guys, there's two of them biggrin

SEPERATED....

AT BIRTH?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Still can't get into the Skyfall score. It's too long and sounds utterly generic to me. Maybe when I see the film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Josh B wrote
    Still can't get into the Skyfall score. It's too long and sounds utterly generic to me. Maybe when I see the film.

I was so disappointed with it that I've shelved it away, who knows, maybe I'll listen to it again soonish and hear it in a whole different light? I haven't given up on it but I've certainly scratched my head on some peoples love for it, I'm not getting it. ( yet!?? )
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    I was so disappointed with it that I've shelved it away, who knows, maybe I'll listen to it again soonish and hear it in a whole different light? I haven't given up on it but I've certainly scratched my head on some peoples love for it, I'm not getting it. ( yet!?? )

It's weird because I do enjoy Newman's work (especially the animation scores).
  1. Actually seeing the movie might help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Josh B wrote

I really enjoyed the score on disc but boy does it ever shine in the movie. I kinda wish the score transitioned into something a little more old school (or to quote Bond himself "back in time") during the last 40 minutes or so but for the most part Newman's score gets a great mix, fits the action like a glove and is a worthy addition into the Bond franchise!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Tron: Uprising - Joseph Trapanese

Holy. Shit. punk

I love the show and it's great to finally have this incredible music to blast through my speakers! Liam is going to love this when he get home from school today!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Is it similar in style to Tron: Legacy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh yes! Very much so!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very good, might manage to erase my awful memories of his the raid redemption score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Signs - James Newton Howard

I greatly admire this score. Some may see the central suspense tracks as noodling but they're incredibly detailed and essential to the film (the rare Shyamalan I like). The main titles is a blast and the finale cues are some of the best music this composer has ever written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ One of the very best scores ever composed. IMO, Howard's all time best.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ One of the very best scores ever composed. IMO, Howard's all time best.

-Erik-

Absolutely!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Thirded.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013
    He's a remarkably consistent composer with that director. I can't think of a score that isn't worth hearing and several are among his best (Signs, Lady in the Water, The Village).
  3. Unbreakable is better.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Unbreakable is better.

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Unbreakable is better.

While I do enjoy that score I rarely return to. Howard's Signs is on a whole other level! Unbreakable the film, however, is Shammy's best!

-Erik-
  4. Yeah, it sucks how that film never got a sequel. It's probably the superhero film I've ever seen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    1. SIGNS is a masterpiece.
    2. The Hand of Fate PT I is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard.
    3. Unbreakable is a brilliant score and I see that here the score is appreciated but I still think it's underrated.

4. Unbreakable the movie is also brilliant, Shyamalan' best movie.
  5. Cristian wrote
    1. SIGNS is a masterpiece.
    2. The Hand of Fate PT I is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard.
    3. Unbreakable is a brilliant score and I see that here the score is appreciated but I still think it's underrated.

4. Unbreakable the movie is also brilliant, Shyamalan' best movie.

Can't say there's a single thing wrong with that post. It's full of WIN.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why is Signs one of the very best scores ever composed? That's not a loaded question, I actually don't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Yeah, it sucks how that film never got a sequel. It's probably the superhero film I've ever seen.

I'm glad it didn't get a sequel.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Yeah, it sucks how that film never got a sequel. It's probably the superhero film I've ever seen.

I'm glad it didn't get a sequel.

-Erik-

I agree. It's a great self contained movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Why is Signs one of the very best scores ever composed? That's not a loaded question, I actually don't know.

Because Erik said so.

Seriously though I'm with you Steven. I think it's a very good score amongst hundreds of many good scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … 950#Item_6

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You make a very convincing case Erik. I'll have to watch the movie again ( not exactly a trial by any means, I think it's one of MNS better films ) and see how it works for myself.

The score itself is one of my favourite JNH scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Steven do you like the score?