• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012
    NP : SIR GAWAIN AND THE GREEN KNIGHT - Ron Goodwin

A very fine score by a very fine composer. I met Ron on numerous occasions and he was a lovely bloke, very relaxed in the company of his fans and charmingly put up with some dafty questions from a teenage me. rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BON VOYAGE - Gabriel Yared

A great score, I love this! love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote

A very fine score by a very fine composer. I met Ron on numerous occasions and he was a lovely bloke, very relaxed in the company of his fans and charmingly put up with some dafty questions from a teenage me. rolleyes wink

Excellent score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am currently on my sixth Georges Delerue score of the day, Le Dernier Metro - a masterpiece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012 edited
    NP: The Avengers - Alan Silvestri

This score is much much better now after watching the movie (twice, still good). Still not as good as it could be if it was more like Judge Dredd, or even Eraser, but it's much better. The main theme was part of that reason, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012
    Timmer wrote

A fine score indeed! Very enjoyable. Grows with each listen.
    Meeting Mr. Goodwin must have been wonderful Tim. Such a talent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Black Rain - Hans Zimmer

The LLLR release is a revelation. I heard the boot many times now, and this version is completely awesome. Very clean mastering job with clear highs and deep lows, exposing a really nice dynamic range. Really really good job on this.

On a related note, I hope that they'll release Bird on a Wire too and apply their expert mastering skills to that score as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    L'Africain - Georges Delerue

This is exceptional. The main theme, in the same vein as his Black Stallion finale music, is as stirring as stirring gets. The love theme - exquisite. A gorgeous waltz there, too. One of his best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    L'Africain - Georges Delerue

This is exceptional. The main theme, in the same vein as his Black Stallion finale music, is as stirring as stirring gets. The love theme - exquisite. A gorgeous waltz there, too. One of his best.

Classic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. NP: Tamara Drewe (desplat)

I'm not, actually, because I turned it off after track 7 or so. Despite my desire to say it somehow had to be this way (because the composer can do no wrong or something like that), I'm the first to admit that even if it had to be this way, it's not a great listening experience.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. lp wrote

The LLLR release is a revelation. I heard the boot many times now, and this version is completely awesome. Very clean mastering job with clear highs and deep lows, exposing a really nice dynamic range. Really really good job on this.

On a related note, I hope that they'll release Bird on a Wire too and apply their expert mastering skills to that score as well.

You're getting me so excited about it. I still have two-three weeks to wait for my CD (ordered on the day it was released, but living in Europe and all)... At least it's shipped.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Tamara Drewe (desplat)

I'm not, actually, because I turned it off after track 7 or so. Despite my desire to say it somehow had to be this way (because the composer can do no wrong or something like that), I'm the first to admit that even if it had to be this way, it's not a great listening experience.

A rare case of a Desplat score I haven't heard yet, but recently I am totally into The Tree of Life.

I hope it will lead me to another score I love deeply, different and non-Malick in origin.
  4. I wouldn't check out TAMARA DREWE if TREE OF LIFE is what you like. DE BATTRE MON COUER S'EST ARRETE, L'ENNEMI INTIME, SUR MES LEVRES and UN PROPHETE are worth checking out though. Particularly DE BATTRE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Maybe Painted Veil too.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. franz_conrad wrote
    I wouldn't check out TAMARA DREWE if TREE OF LIFE is what you like. DE BATTRE MON COUER S'EST ARRETE, L'ENNEMI INTIME, SUR MES LEVRES and UN PROPHETE are worth checking out though. Particularly DE BATTRE.

I have to check the first out, yes. I am a rare case of a person actually loving L'Ennemi Intime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Something Wicked This Way Comes rejected score - Georges Delerue

Wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012 edited
    NP: The Thing - John Carpenter

Listening to the ambient Carpenter tracks from the recent re-recording of The Thing. And this is the sound that I love from Carpenter. Yes, his more rhythm-based cues offer some great listening but it's these more ambient tracks that are, at the same time, very much characteristically Carpenter and add so much atmosphere when heard in the film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Tamara Drewe (desplat)

A rare Desplat score that I actually didn't like.
  7. W.E - Abel Korzenwski

I like the soundtrack suite on Youtube, combining Philip Glass and Abel's A Single Man score.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    lp wrote

You're getting me so excited about it. I still have two-three weeks to wait for my CD (ordered on the day it was released, but living in Europe and all)... At least it's shipped.

I must say that I was really excited to hear the differences. Unless the mp3s I've been listening has degraded significantly, the LLLR release is superior in every possible way.

On a related note, I had actually imported the original legit release over 12 years ago for almost the same amount, and it's amazing to finally get the expanded release.
  8. I have a question about one of the bootleg tracks (I won't receive my CD for two-three weeks from Friday). Where is Joyce's Theme? Is it on the new Lala album?
  9. Creation Christopher Young

Gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry

Wonderful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2012
    John Chambers wrote
    Creation Christopher Young

Gorgeous.

One of his best scores. Truly passionate and utterly beautiful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I have a question about one of the bootleg tracks (I won't receive my CD for two-three weeks from Friday). Where is Joyce's Theme? Is it on the new Lala album?

That's a good question, actually, because it's there, just not titled or attributed like you expected. It's actually titled as "Airplane Muzak" and, as noted in the liner, was written by Shirley Walker. It's the only pure orchestral cue on the score. Since it's been a while since I saw the movie (around the same time I bought the score) I'll have to watch it again. I didn't remember the Joyce character being that important to the story to warrant a theme.
  10. I actually caved in and got the score from less official sources while waiting for my order to come. It's great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I actually caved in and got the score from less official sources while waiting for my order to come. It's great.

LOL, I did the same thing. I downloaded it the same day my copy came. I just didn't want to open it, at the time, though eventually I did anyway (for the printing smell).
  11. NP: Beasts of the Southern Wild (Romer/Zeitlin)

Quite a striking presence in the film -- if used a bit too much -- but it doesn't play as well on CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Southall wrote
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry

Wonderful.

One of the best!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Beasts of the Southern Wild (Romer/Zeitlin)

Quite a striking presence in the film -- if used a bit too much -- but it doesn't play as well on CD.

How is the movie? It id programmed at the filmfestival of Gent and we plan to go.
    Kazoo