• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007
    Ordered mine!!

sd smile

http://www.mmmrecordings.com/
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  1. hmn, don't know this version! Only the 1988 version starring that delicious Shawnee Smith wink
    Anyhoo, I'm not for these Golden Age things, let me know if its any good though smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    1958 is hardly Golden Age.
    The Blob is hardly Golden Age!

But they've included the song, hence this CD shall be MINE!
    *Beware of
    The Blob,
    it creeps
    And leaps
    and glides and slides*

love
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. I'm talking about the Golden Age of film music, that was around the 1940's 1950's 1960's right?
    I hardly call The Blob Golden Age but the music will be centered in that blasting trumpet style which I refer to as Golden Age

Yet, I'm thinking I hit a sore point here, I'm wondering what I brought up now? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think the Golden Age was 30's up to late 40's. Then came the Silver Age which ended in the late 70's with the arrival of the Digital Age. I think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik!

Where's Erik!
    Kazoo
  3. I know stuff like The 10 Commandments and King Kong of Steiner is definitely Golden Age, not sure to what time it actually took, me wanna know? shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007 edited
    angry

www.goldenscores.com!
    Mainly golden age reviews, vaguely crossing ages and bringing silver age too.

King Kong is 1933, one of the first golden age scores.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Erik!

Where's Erik!

Erik's not that old. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2007 edited
    I'm sure the Golden age is up until 1960?

Where's Tom?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think "Golden Age" speaks more to a state of mind and a style of composing than an ectal limiting or limited period of time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I think "Golden Age" speaks more to a state of mind and a style of composing than an ectal limiting or limited period of time.

Then why do FSM releases have Golden and Silver age releases?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Because they just love keeping things well sorted and organized and by the book.
    ...except really there is no book. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Because they just love keeping things well sorted and organized and by the book.

Your not convincing me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Have you seen FSM's releases?
    Love 'em to death, but the epiteth "anal" has entered my mind now and again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Your not convincing me.

Ha! Caught you, you bastard.

It's "You're"! tongue

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're welcome Steven.
    Payment to the usual Cayman offshore accounts, please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Somewhere in the middle 60's is where the change to the silver age took place. Scores such as Mutiny on the Bounty, How the West Was Won, Lawrence of Arabia, Lion in Winter, and Summer Place are all golden age material. It was also the time when films such as Midnight Cowboy, The Graduate, and Easy Rider broke onto the scene with popular songs of the day such as Everybody's Talkin, Sounds of Silence, and Born to Be Wild written for the film to popularize and sell itself and the film. It was the time when the major players such as Rozsa, Steiner, Waxman, Newman and Tiomkin were being replaced. The Wagnerian/Strauss ideas were becoming a thing of the past.

Newer composers such as Bernstein, Goldsmith, Mancini, Mandel, Q. Jones, and Williams were bursting onto the scene and the scores were seldom the concert style anymore. Barry at the time was an interesting crossover with scores such as Lion in Winter as well as Goldfinger.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nice one Tom.
    Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Your not convincing me.

Ha! Caught you, you bastard.

It's "You're"! tongue

biggrin

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

You sod! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Told ya you should watch your step. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Told ya you should watch your step. cool

I already said I KNEW you'd get me back sooner or later.....shame it was sooner rolleyes slant shame