• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBoostMusic
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012 edited
    Hey guys, thought you may enjoy this album of ours.

'From powerful full-throttle pounding action to epic dramatic adventure, Big Cinematic Trailers is a blockbuster collection of contemporary trailer music.

Sub-sections include Build To Action, Maximum Intensity, Heroes & Historical and Superheroes.'

Stream from SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/boostmusic/sets/z … -cinematic

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/big-ci … d551392485

Hope you like it, feel free to share if you enjoy the album.

Thanks,
    John
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012
    You probably mean feel free to share our opinions...not so much share the album? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    You probably mean feel free to share our opinions...not so much share the album? wink

At first I saw the moniker as BootMusic and took it literally. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Something tells me lil' bro will love this. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBoostMusic
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012 edited
    The album or your opinions, at your own discretion guys. smile

There are some really talented composers on the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
    smile

It's quite good.
    Big, robust sound, very "today", but different enough from "the usual suspects" that it maintains interest.
    Are these used for actual trailers, or is this more like a showreel or even a sort of "concept album"?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBoostMusic
    Thanks smile

Yes, it's very much in the big summer blockbuster type-area for movie trailers. Lots of orchestral suspense and big brass sections giving it impact.

Boost Music are a publishing company, so we try to push these tracks towards licensing in film trailers and also in television, radio, etc. I guess you could call it a 'concept album' as we are pitching it towards clients at the moment as it's a new release.
  3. I still have to listen to it, but I adore big bombastic trailer music, will check it outer later today wave
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBoostMusic
    Great, let me know what you think of it when you do.

Sounds like it should be right up your street smile
  4. More like AVENUE. Thomas eats trailers (and trailer music) for breakfast.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's why he's so thin.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Yeah well, I like my breakfast a bit different, not my kind of music at all, but what else is new... tongue
  6. Demetris wrote
    That's why he's so thin.

You might be onto something, D. I also like this kinda music, and you can hardly call me fat.
    So maybe listening to this sort of music makes you skinny.

Hmm, use that as advertisement and you sell millions of records, I'm sure.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  7. finally I've gotten around to listen to them shame

Well, I do see promise here, but what I lack is a thematic idea, motif or theme. I am comparing right now with the big boys in this league (which is unfair but that's the trailer stuff I love) of Two Steps from Hell, Immediate Music, and many others. Most of the good stuff or the most known trailer pieces of them usually start with a thematic idea, and build upon it, to unleash a full blown version of it or something developed at the end. Here I sometimes hear a theme or idea (Brothers in Arms, Impeding Doom) that doesn't get that blowout, that necessary climax the piece is building towards.

the piece "Danger Zone" is good though, leans a bit on the ideas of the song Come with Me by Puff Daddy, and Swashbuckler more or less does it right with the development toward a climax (of course sounding a lot like POTC in the process smile )

For me, it's all about progression and development towards the inevitable climax, like a good trailer should be like. Hear I don't feel that, ... yet.

Still, keep up the good work, I heard the first works of Immediate Music too, and they weren't that good in the beginning as well wink

And look how good they are now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBoostMusic
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    Thank you for taking the time and listening to the album.
  8. Trailer of Uncharted just aired. I adore the games and this looks soooooo .... stupid
    I have no problem with Tom Holland, but he's not Drake. And it figures they used one of the best stunts of the games (the plane sequence from the 3rd game) in this, even though it happens to Drake when he's 10, 20 years older?

Looks like a dumb film, nothing of the Uncharted magic. Needless the say they didn't even want to infuse a bit of magic through the music but used a song. I don't think this will be loved by the true Uncharted fans. No Sully, no Drake, ... No Uncharted

Here's hoping The Last of Us is the real deal.

Sorry, just nuts about the games of Naughty Dog tongue