• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited
    I just discovered a new to me William Walton work with two contrasting styles of works. The first one is a ballet calledTHE QUEST something that sounds very much like it could be material to go along with a silent film. The second work THE WISE VIRGINS is a throwback to the days of Bach. It is a very nice fugue.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    Where's Walton?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2012
    Demetris wrote
    Where's Walton?

What a strange boy you are.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2012
    Somehow I can't even respond.
    Tom wink angry confused
  1. It's not worth the effort to respond Tom.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lets get this thread back on track, what's your favourite work by Walton, either film score or concert work?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2012 edited
    One of my favourites covers both bases, a film score and concert piece...

SPITFIRE PRELUDE AND FUGUE

Stirring, brilliant music.

I think John Williams is the only film composer alive capable of writing anywhere near to this standard.
  2. Not so keen on his work. I do enjoy bits of his Hamlet and Henry V in moderate doses.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I like this new CD
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012
    Personally, I am quite keen on his work - Richard III, Hamlet and Henry V are all among the music I listen to quite regularly. His grand marches Crown Imperial and Orb and Spectre are in my opinion among the finest works of their kind, and I also find his larger choral works such as Belshazzar's Feast and Coronation Te Deum highly enjoyable.

Lovely composer - but then again I am quite partial to English music.
    - What matters is the music -