• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    Questions for Marianelli?

Shoot! Tim (aka Timon) and myself are going to interview him tomorrow evening. Tim has already a set of questions ready, but perhaps we can fit in some more.
    Kazoo
  1. I think that his trip to the first SONCINEMAD may have been his first exposure to "fans" in the flesh. He looked rather bemused at times and I was wondering what his actual feelings were - and how things have changed now that he's more used to it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think that his trip to the first SONCINEMAD may have been his first exposure to "fans" in the flesh. He looked rather bemused at times and I was wondering what his actual feelings were - and how things have changed now that he's more used to it.

Bottle caps comes to mind wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    SOLOIST

* Audio CD
    * Number of Discs: 1
    * Format: Soundtrack
    * Label: Decca U.S.

Track Listings

1. Pershing Square
    2. Young Nathaniel's Audition
    3. Arm Practice
    4. A City Symphony
    5. This Is My Apartment
    6. Julliard
    7. Disturbed
    8. Eroica
    9. Nathaniel Breaks Down
    10. Accordion Interlude
    11. The Lord's Prayer
    12. The Voices Within
    13. Jennifer
    14. Cello Lesson
    15. Mr Ayers and Mr Lopez
    Editorial Reviews

Product Description

THE SOLOIST features original music by Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning composer Dario Marianelli, as well as popular and powerful works by Beethoven (Eroica, Ninth Symphony) and the haunting Cello Suite No. 1 by J.S. Bach. It is directed by Joe Wright (Pride and Prejudice). Based on a true story, The Soloist is the amazing tale of an unlikely friendship, and the redemptive power of music. LA Times reporter Steve Lopez (Robert Downey, Jr.) befriends a homeless Juilliard trained cellist, Nathaniel Ayers (Jamie Foxx) while looking for a new article for the paper. Lopez discovers that Nathaniel was once a promising classical at Juilliard, but various pressures and mounting schizophrenia caused him to drop out. Enlisting the help of doctors and professional musicians, Lopez attempts to help Nathaniel regain his dignity, develop his musical talent and free himself of his demons. Throughout, Lopez endures disappointments, questions his own motives and acknowledges that Nathaniel has taught him about courage and humanity. THE SOLOIST is reminiscent of the Academy Award-winning film Shine, one of the biggest movies of the 1990s, which told the true story of the rehabilitation of pianist David Helfgott.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2008
    http://www.soloistmovie.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    Finally, I could put our interview with Marianelli online. Taken during the film music festival of Ghent, with talks about Atonement, The Solist and others. The sound quality isn't the best, but it was our first video interview, and I think it's cool alone for that fact. Thanks to Tim for the editing and putting everything together.

http://www.maintitles.net/features/inte … arianelli/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Congrats ! punk
  2. this is top notch work you guys

And it proves Bregt is Male indeed, Kokodezil wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do the videos play ok for everyone?
  3. Christodoulides wrote

I haven't been able to play the videos yet. Clicking on the central arrow or the "play" arrow at the bottom doesn't do anything.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Same here.
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I haven't been able to play the videos yet. Clicking on the central arrow or the "play" arrow at the bottom doesn't do anything.

me neither, I tested them earlier and they worked fine, but not now

Bregt's now watching something on TV with a Looza Ace besides him, he'll be back soon wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Watching something with Looza Ace by his side? YOU CAN EXPECT HIM TOMORROW, the earliest! wink
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Watching something with Looza Ace by his side? YOU CAN EXPECT HIM TOMORROW, the earliest! wink

hehe, don't know, depends on which Looza I think wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009 edited

6. Yes, it does. Thanks!
  7. BTW, I know what a typewriter sounds like. It's inclusion in the audio is quite annoying. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Dario Marianelli is scoring the new Alejandro Amenábar ("The Others", "The Sea Inside") film, "Ágora".
    According to scoremagacine.com, Amenábar´s first choice was....John Williams, but due to agenda problems he couldn´t do it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    Excellent news! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    THE SOLOIST is classical music from Bach, Beethoven, and Marianelli in a way I've never quite heard before. Easily the best score of the year so far.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    THE SOLOIST is classical music from Bach, Beethoven, and Marianelli in a way I've never quite heard before. Easily the best score of the year so far.
    Thomas

Is it out yet? I ordered it from SAE months ago but i got an e-mail that it was being continuously postponed and they canceled my order and refunded my money.
  8. great interview!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

Is it out yet? I ordered it from SAE months ago but i got an e-mail that it was being continuously postponed and they canceled my order and refunded my money.

Released on 21 April by Decca.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    William, Steven, and Timmer will love it. I think it is fantastic and am also looking forward to the new Joe Wright film as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And why not me too? cry I am a huge Marianelli fan.
  9. sdtom wrote
    William, Steven, and Timmer will love it. I think it is fantastic and am also looking forward to the new Joe Wright film as well.

The score looks like it will have a lot of opportunity to shine in the film. The film itself looks like the biggest piece of Oscar bait I've seen in a long time. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    sdtom wrote

The score looks like it will have a lot of opportunity to shine in the film. The film itself looks like the biggest piece of Oscar bait I've seen in a long time. wink

lick cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2009
    And Jamie Foxx took Robert Downey's advice from a previous film and didn't go full retard.
  10. franz_conrad wrote
    sdtom wrote

the only thing that can make sure it doesn't take all the oscars is the fact it is released now, and not within months of the Oscars 2009, that's the only reason I can think of

This will indeed be a big Oscar contender
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    Its being released too early for Oscar attention.
    Thomas