• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    Amenabar's music and work in general, is indeed exceptional! I haven't been informed on this project in the past and this got me as a great surprise!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    AGORA

Check this out, it's GORGEOUS!

The cover or the music?

The music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    There are posters for this film everywhere in Barcelona. Certainly a film score that is worth looking forward too.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    There are posters for this film everywhere in Barcelona. Certainly a film score that is worth looking forward too.

For many reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    Do we know if the Agora soundtrack is definitely supposed to come out in the US? I really want it, but it is way, way too expensive to import if its just going to come out in a few months anyway.

I would just download it, but I believe in only downloading unreleased music :P
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    After this year's beautiful AGORA, Dario returns with a different type of project.

EVEYRBODY'S FINE
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Dario Marianelli

Robert De Niro
    Drew Barrymore
    Kate Beckinsale
    Sam Rockwell

Everybody’s Fine, a remake of Giuseppe Tornatore’s Stanno Tutti Bene, follows a widower (Academy Award® winner Robert De Niro) who embarks on an impromptu road trip to reconnect with each of his grown children (Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale, and Sam Rockwell) only to discover that their lives are far from picture perfect. At the heart of Everybody’s Fine is the theme of family and physical and emotional distances traveled to bring the members back together.

The touching and beautiful score is from Academy Award®-winning composer Dario Marianelli (Atonement).

Miramax Films begins rolling out EVERYBODY’S FINE nationwide on December 4, widening over the holidays.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 999 2
    Release Date: 12/22/09
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Good to see it's a Miramax film (owned by Disney) and Varese has been allowed to do the release. Cool! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Quite a surprising project for Dario, isn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yup. Looking forward to it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The score of the original Tornatore movie by Morricone is wonderful. It will be fun to compare Marianelli's work for the "same" material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I can't see it being very similiar. I love the Morricone score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I don't think it will be similar, either. It's just interesting to see - or rather, hear - how Marianelli will approach the American version of the movie. How the emotions will be presented in his music.
    Tornatore's original movie is quite emotional and Morricone's score is also very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    About time he did something like this, after the very mediocre the soloist! Is there a CD link for this?

I think he did exactly what he needed to for The Soloist. I happened to enjoy the entire experience of that film.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    So nobody knows if there is going to be a US release of Agora? IMDB doesn't even list a US release for the film, which looks intriguing... sad
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Scribe wrote
    So nobody knows if there is going to be a US release of Agora? IMDB doesn't even list a US release for the film, which looks intriguing... sad

I was told they are having problems releasing the film overseas. Hope they finally can make it and you can enjoy it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Tracklist of Everybody's Fine is up -

1. Frank’s Journey Begins (1:51)
    2. Trains (1:05)
    3. You Will Become an Artist (2:07)
    4. Leaving New York (1:50)
    5. Hole in One (:52)
    6. Telephone Poles (3:08)
    7. Robert’s Rehearsal (3:33)
    8. Some Nightmares (3:29)
    9. Why Did You All Lie to Me? (4:22)
    10. A Hospital Visit (3:48)
    11. David’s Painting (5:54)
    12. Christmas Together (2:08)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    Some track samples now available at Colosseum - http://www.colosseum.de/product_info.ph … -Fine.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    New interview with the composer in scoremagacine.com, where he also talks about AGORA

http://www.scoremagacine.com/Entrevista … ?Codigo=51
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Very interesting. Best score of 2009 by the way. Hope Marianelli gets all the prizes he is nominated to.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010 edited
    My review for AGORA for anyone interested:

Extract:

"Dario Marianelli has once again outdone himself, something i didn’t suspect he would be able to perform, at least not so soon after his classical oriented and sensitive melodies in Atonement. He’s crafted what’s perhaps his most dramatically adequate and coherent musical work to date. " (...) "With deeply profound themes leading, he never fails to underline each scene with sthenic affection and mature musicianhip." (...) " An experience that needs to be felt in person in order to be truly appreciated."

Full review:
    http://www.demetrischristodoulides.com/ … gora-2009/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Very grandiloquent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010 edited
    Let me look it up in the dictionary wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    It's under quotentially.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    Apart from this OST / VA release for EAT PREY LOVE is anyone going to release Dario's score for the movie or is it short to warrant a dedicated score cd release?

http://musicoogle.com/other-music/1932- … -2010.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    HAPPY NOW (PRE-ORDER) (CD)
    Composed by: Dario Marianelli

His first feature film score.

Six years before Italian composer Dario Marianelli wrote his Academy Award-winning score for Joe Wright’s Atonement, he composed the score for a little-known British dark comedy entitled Happy Now. As a new entry in MovieScore Media’s ‘Discovery Collection’ (where the same composer’s I Capture the Castle was previously released), we are proud to bring to you one of Marianelli’s most quirky and entertaining scores – a wonderfully charming orchestral score which in many ways foreshadows his score for Terry Gilliam’s The Brothers Grimm, which came for years later. This music – crowned by a very nice and memorable main theme and performed beautifully by the Munich Symphony Orchestra - has never before been released in any format. Our world premiere release of Marianelli’s score is a must-have for fans of this wonderful composer!

1. The Strange Land 1:33
    2. Locked Away 2:07
    3. Near Miss 1:43
    4. Derangement 2:24
    5. Execution 1:34
    6. The Rock 4:04
    7. The Scream 1:39
    8. Hommage to David Rose 2:19
    9. It's a Camaleon's Life 1:05
    10. Bonanzaland 2:08
    11. On the Chase 3:20
    12. Can't Be Her::: 2:44
    13. Who's the Bullet For? 1:38
    14. Photos 1:04
    15. Glen Loses It 0:49
    16. Wild West Wales 3:50
    17. Happy Now 4:52

cd cover

http://www.screenarchives.com/largeImage.cfm?TID=14610

sound clips
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … PRE-ORDER/
  1. What is Marianelli up to anyway?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What is Marianelli up to anyway?

Don't you mean Desplat? biggrin wink
  2. No wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    A very interesting new project, Dario Marianelli scoring new ‘Jane Eyre’ adaptation

Film Music Reporter has learned that Dario Marianelli has been hired to score Focus Features’ upcoming movie adaptation of Jane Eyre. The movie is directed by Cary Fukunaga, who previously directed 2009′s indie hit Sin Nombre which featured a score by Marcelo Zarvos.

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … daptation/