• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    moviescore wrote
    Bregt wrote
    How is Pandaemonium like?

It's insanely beautiful. The string writing is just heartbreaking!

mc

me wants it!

Me too!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Same here.
    Me and my other me, as well too.
    Kazoo
  2. Me too!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    moviescore wrote
    Bregt wrote
    How is Pandaemonium like?

It's insanely beautiful. The string writing is just heartbreaking!

mc

A CD release by Movie Media Score? lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Yeah! Bring it on!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008 edited
    MFTM FEATURE / INTERVIEW: Atonement: A Twist of Mind

By Rudy Koppl

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/feature.asp?ID=106
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008
    I wonder if Dario will be the Oscar winner tonight?

I'm watching the film in a few hours.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I really wish him all the best for tonight, he truly has the worthiest work in the best original score category.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I really wish him all the best for tonight, he truly has the worthiest work in the best original score category.

I haven't heard the score yet? I'll be taking notice while watching the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The best you can do with this particular movie IMO (pay attention to the GREAT Dunkirk sequence): better listening the score in the movie first. I did it and the experience was amazing. Of course after that you´ll buy it wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The best you can do with this particular movie IMO (pay attention to the GREAT Dunkirk sequence): better listening the score in the movie first. I did it and the experience was amazing. Of course after that you´ll buy it wink

We shall see? wink
  3. Marianelli would be a good choice, but I can't help but want Beltrami to receive the award...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I SO want ATONEMENT to win but you won't want to see my response if Michael Crappy Clayton wins eventually (which is more likely to happen).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Marianelli would be a good choice, but I can't help but want Beltrami to receive the award...

Me too, primarily because I think it's the best of the five scores! Atonement would also be a worthy winner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I would be awfully ironic if Beltrami wins. Ennio Morricone didn't win an Oscar for basically his entire career (untill he got that career-thingy), and then Beltrami would win for immitating him!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008
    Congratulations Dario for Atonement!!

sd smile

Sorry Michael, but You still major Rock in my book.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    For the first time in awhile the academy got it right!!!!
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorchriss_co
    congrats to Dario Marianelli

he definitely deserved the award

quick question tho.. i havent seen the movie yet so i cant relate the score back to the film but i cant help but hear 'the english patient' when i listen to atonement... not that the score's are identical or anything but there are parts where i could swear it would fit in with 'the english patient'.. it just has that sound

nonetheless, great score
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008 edited
    sdtom wrote
    For the first time in awhile the academy got it right!!!!

cool

Having watched the film and hearing the score for the first time earlier today I couldn't agree more!

And, before I forget, congratulations to Dario cool

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

We shall see? wink

I'm pleased to say you were totally right Marselus, LOVED the score, really loved it! I'll be buying it as soon as possible!
  4. here here, good choice and a deserved winner. Congrats to Dario for a well written score punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    It's a decent score. Without personality and with a over classic sound.

Congratulations for another composer who doesn't deserve a Oscar yet.

"good luck and...Namaste Mr Marianelli"

( I didn't saw the Oscar, and I saw the winners only for mistake. and Im not really interested anymore)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

We shall see? wink

I'm pleased to say you were totally right Marselus, LOVED the score, really loved it! I'll be buying it as soon as possible!

I told ya! wink
    Glad you liked it. I hope you liked the movie too, as the music is excellent with the images.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

A "decent" score? hmmm... rolleyes
    No personality? rolleyes Have you listened the hole score or you just stopped in track 2?
    Overclassical sound? rolleyes I don´t think so, not at all. Just to mention one example, I don´t think Briony´s theme sounds overclassical, or the Dunkirk Theme, not even the Love Theme. Anyway, AT LAST a great choice from the Academy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi, leave it mate. Just leave it.

My warmest wishes and congratulations to Dario for his win over the year's best score indeed. Way to go Academy, even for the mere 5% of the times you get it right! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2008 edited
    A few words about ATONEMENT and a small article on his win, for anyone interested, over at:

http://christodoulides.blogspot.com/200 … s-new.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I saw Atonement a couple of days ago. The score is just fantastic. Congrats Dario! An award richly deserved! Finally some measure of sanity has been restored to the Best Score Award although, I suspect, not for long. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    Nautilus wrote

Thank god for smilies.

moon

mc
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moviescore wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Thank god for smilies.

moon

mc

Yeah, Jordi can have one of those from me too moon