• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    The film is horrible, needful things. But the score is indeed magnificent and so are Eragon and Frankenstein, the scores. Not too fond of the movies.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh and i'd also add NOUVELLE FRANCE to the list too, a terribly overlooked gem, one of his most melodic, bold and thematic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The film is horrible, needful things. But the score is indeed magnificent and so are Eragon and Frankenstein, the scores. Not too fond of the movies.

I'm not a big fan of his Frankenstein score, it's seriously overblown in the film and the film isn't that great either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, Doyle isn't a man of tact either wink I don't care much about that film, on cd however it's pretty bold and enjoyable although i'll admit that (as with most of Doyle's scores), it's too much to take on in one listen.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I'm not a big fan of his Frankenstein score, it's seriously overblown in the film and the film isn't that great either.

I've always liked Kenneth Branagh's take on the myth, the way he keeps moving the camera around like mad is something I liked since my initial viewing. And De Niro in a atypical De Niro role! The music actually makes me care for the characters.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    From Varese

LA LIGNE DROITE

CD COVER

http://filmmusicreporter.files.wordpres … &h=300

Here’s the album tracklisting:

1. Leila Runs Free (1:40)
    2. Stadium Memories (2:34)
    3. Seeing Her Son (1:35)
    4. The Changing Room (1:09)
    5. Training Games (1:28)
    6. First Training (1:38)
    7. Training Breakthrough (1:42)
    8. The Other Woman (1:42)
    9. You Tricked Me! (1:31)
    10. Suspension Bridge (2:21)
    11. Stealing A Car (2:23)
    12. Running In The Sand (3:38)
    13. Yannick Falls Overboard (1:11)
    14. Rescued (1:57)
    15. Playing Bridges (1:46)
    16. Leila’s Past (1:48)
    17. Triple Training (2:06)
    18. Raising Hands Together (1:46)
    19. Through The Tunnel (1:13)
    20. The Race (2:23)
    21. Yannick And Leila (2:41)

More info and trailer here:
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … announced/
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    BobdH wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    But Frankenstein is already insanely good! I would give a part of my body to have something like Frankenstein II.

Ah, good, that means I don't have to do that anymore... But, yes, FRANKENSTEIN rules! Big time! No way Doyle will ever surpass that effort, but he's welcome to have a try!

I was first dissapointed when I heard Eragon and The Last Legion, but then I started to compare it with the other adventure music and I came to the conclusion that Patrick Doyle is still a master in epic writing.

So, even if it may be weaker than Frankenstein, it will kick ass nonetheless

What's wrong with Eragon and The Last Legion, is that they start out loud and don't really grow from there. Plus, they are a bit on the repetitive side (especially Eragon).
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  2. Eragon's rather repetitive yes, but it's still so strong if you compare it with most of today's adventure scores

+ I like the movie too shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
    I replayed Eragon a few days ago and agreed the main theme is a bit repetitive throughout, but it's still a great score and I like it a lot. Especially Battle For Varden. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011
    Maybe I should clear this up:

Eragon and The Last Legion FTW!

Thank you for your attention. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
    LA LIGNE DROITE

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … ite/Detail
  3. Very good
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    LA LIGNE DROITE

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … ite/Detail

This is one of my favourite scores of 2011 so far. Clips tell the story of the score as a whole.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011
    how is it like ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No access to the sound clips D?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Just bought it... hope I like it! I'll be sending Alan a Barry Manilow compilation in the post if I don't.
  5. Southall wrote
    Just bought it... hope I like it! I'll be sending Alan a Barry Manilow compilation in the post if I don't.

Damn you James! You've done it again! Back to The Persuaders video I go...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. BTW, I hope you enjoy it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    no i am out of town. On mobile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    THOR

‘Thor’ Soundtrack announced

Walt Disney Records has announced the details for the soundtrack of the upcoming comic book adaptation of Thor. The album includes Patrick Doyle’s original score from the film and will be released in some European territories at the end of April.

1. Chasing The Storm
    2. Prologue
    3. Sons Of Odin
    4. A New King
    5. Ride to Observatory
    6. To Jotunheim
    7. Laufey
    8. Frost Giant Battle
    9. Banishment
    10. Crisis In Asgard
    11. Odin Confesses
    12. Hammer Found
    13. Urgent Matter
    14. The Compound
    15. Loki’s Lie
    16. My Bastard Son
    17. Science and Magic
    18. The Destroyer
    19. Forgive Me
    20. Thor Kills The Destroyer
    21. Brothers Fight
    22. Letting Go
    23. Can You See Jane?
    24. Earth To Asgard
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011 edited
    Really? A score-only album with no song(s), from Walt Disney Records? So UP was the only soundtrack not released at all? I do love the (probably) America: download only, Europe: physical CD, thing, by the way. For once, Americans need to import tongue

Now let's hope for an announcement of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides on physical release soundtrack soon...
  7. Can someone tell me why the score is going to be released by Walt Disney Studios if the film is from Paramount?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Disney owns Marvel, I think...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Disney owns the world.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Disney owns the world.

No, that's Rupert murdoch.

p.s. Really looking forward to hearing this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Considering it's called Thor, one might at least hope for a well-assembled CD.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
  8. biggrin

The only questions that matter with this particular release are:

Is Thor going to be satisfied with it?

Is Thor going to buy Thor, if he is?

Is Thor going to brush his teeth with another kind of toothbrush soon?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011 edited
    wink

You know I can never get enough of myself!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    Does anyone else have a film bearing your name? I just looked up and found there's an Australian film called 'Tim' starring Mel Gibson.