• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorUbedapress
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2008
    Also... this same week... pay attention at the forum because we will announce what would be the program that Patrick Doyle will be preparing for the symphonic concert at Ubeda this July!!!

I think you will enjoy it...
  1. Only if you personally lock the orchester´s cymbals away before Doyle arrives... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    The last legion was a very dissapointing score for me, uninspired bombastic stuff . But in the middle of nowhere I discovered "Sleuth" which is really one of the best things things I've heard lately. A simple but genious tension-score.
  2. I´ll try it if I get my hands on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sleuth is pretty good indeed. Kinda repetitive, but then again which Doyle score isn't?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008 edited
    I kinda like it when a theme returns constantly, since I use scores for roleplaying as well, and the more variations I have of a specific theme, the better for me. So I am looking forward to listen to it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristoph
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I kinda like it when a theme returns constantly, since I use scores for roleplaying as well, and the more variations I have of a specific theme, the better for me. So I am looking forward to listen to it...

then you'll love it smile .
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    Any idea what Doyle is doing these days?
    I still wanna hear his Harry Potter score...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2008 edited
    bartley wrote
    Any idea what Doyle is doing these days?
    I still wanna hear his Harry Potter score...

It's very good IMO, well worth checkig out.

Why not rent the film?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. He is scoring/scored an upcoming (animated?) film "Igor", but that seems to be about it unless his projects are being kept under wraps.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. It looks like great fun, but I´m not optimistic regarding to the score. After all, I liked the songs in Quest for Camelot / A Magical Sword way more than Doyle´s score, and this new one seems to fall under a similar category regarding to the atmosphere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465502/trailers
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    He is scoring/scored an upcoming (animated?) film "Igor", but that seems to be about it unless his projects are being kept under wraps.

It's animated, and based on the theatrical trailer, I think it looks pretty stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Only if you personally lock the orchester´s cymbals away before Doyle arrives... biggrin

lol
  5. "Igor" was recorded this month.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Did they use cymbals? cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    Christoph wrote
    The last legion was a very dissapointing score for me, uninspired bombastic stuff .

I still have yet to see the movie, but I saw that the music was composed by Doyle and got sort of excited. Is it really that bad? How does it compare to scores like Eragon, Nim's Island, etc.?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    It's pretty monothematic and the performance from the LSO is certainly uninspired. It does have one or two cues that stand out (Escape From Capri) but as a whole it's not particularly memorable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008 edited
    Jim Ware wrote
    It's pretty monothematic and the performance from the LSO is certainly uninspired. It does have one or two cues that stand out (Escape From Capri) but as a whole it's not particularly memorable.

OK. Personally, I love the LSO. Maybe I'll check it out just in case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008 edited
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Christoph wrote
    The last legion was a very dissapointing score for me, uninspired bombastic stuff .

I still have yet to see the movie, but I saw that the music was composed by Doyle and got sort of excited. Is it really that bad? How does it compare to scores like Eragon, Nim's Island, etc.?

I think it´s a bit more versatile than Eragon, but not much. It has its moments, though, and that´s a lot if you keep in mind that I´m at war with Doyle´s latest bunch of scores.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008
    If you like Eragon or The Goblet of Fire you will certainly like The Last Legion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008 edited
    Panthera wrote
    If you like Eragon or The Goblet of Fire you will certainly like The Last Legion.

OK. Then my fears are put to rest. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    IGOR
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Patrick Doyle

In the land of Malaria, you are either a somebody or a nobody. The biggest somebodies are the evil scientists and the nobodies are their loyal hunchback assistants. But one unlikely inventor is about to change everything …

Meet Igor, a talented hunchback who’s determined to prove his worth at the annual Evil Science Fair. With help from his wise-cracking sidekicks Scamper, a grumpy lab rabbit, and the not-so-brainy Brain, he plans to create the greatest invention the world has ever seen and win first prize. However the fiendish Dr. Schadenfreude is also making plans: to steal Igor's crazy creation and take over all Malaria. Can Igor and friends stop him and truly save the day?

IGOR features the voice talents of John Cusack, Steve Buscemi, John Cleese, Jennifer Coolidge, Arsenio Hall, Sean Hayes, Eddie Izzard, Jay Leno, Molly Shannon and Christian Slater.

The wondrous and deliciously macabre score is by Patrick Doyle (A Little Princess, Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire).

The Weinstein Company will open IGOR on September 19.

Varese Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 926 2
    Release Date: 9/30/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2008
    Sweet! I forgot Doyle was doing this.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2008 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2008
    Three audio clips from Igor online at Colosseum:

https://www.colosseum.de/colosseum/prod … fc6032ef67
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    That's a strange selection of samples -- especially if the want to sell CDs...

Hopefully the entire score offers more.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    Anyone see the movie yet? What is the music like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sleuth is pretty good indeed. Kinda repetitive, but then again which Doyle score isn't?

I finally got my hands on it. I think it gives the term "repetitive" a new meaning, but still I find it to be much better than most of the stuff Doyle puts out these days. The Igor clips at least promise something new from him; not much to really chew upon, but the first two tracks give a nice impression of the overall atmosphere. This could be good.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    Well, Kenneth Branagh is in negotiations to direct Thor for Marvel Studios, so unless Marvel says otherwise, this will be Doyle's first venture into superhero territory.

I'm not sure if he can pull it off, though.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2008
    Matt C wrote
    Well, Kenneth Branagh is in negotiations to direct Thor for Marvel Studios, so unless Marvel says otherwise, this will be Doyle's first venture into superhero territory.

I'm not sure if he can pull it off, though.

Thor could be crazily brilliant or utterly barmy tosh.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt