• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Demetris wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Jordi left because of the attacks and life that changes.
    Troublesome is such an overstatement.

Strange, i always thought we banned him wink Anyway, what attacks? All the problems which came up were started by him.

None of the problems on this board were Jordi's fault. I think Jordi did feel attacked by the majority of this board for his pro-Zimmer stance to say the least. He's a heartfelt and passionate guy, that I have to give him. I actually got to chat with him about a couple of things and he is really, really good, just his English is sometimes off, but I guess people will lay off that if we consider that he is self-taught.

I mean, I am not a native speaker and I know that my English is decent, but I've been learning since I was about 5, a much better and luckier outcome than for the majority of Poles my age, who started at the age of 10-11 (5th class elementary school). I also got the hugely fortunate opportunity to have English taught by (now sadly deceased) native speaker, who combined teaching at my high school with a position with the British Council. So I was lucky with that. Jordi is self-taught and strives to be better.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014 edited
    He was on the same level as yonythemoony. A guy who couldn't handle any criticism. And outside of the board his attitude was just the same. He blew up at me on Facebook because I deleted a slanderous post he made on my personal page. This was after he BEGGED me to friend him on Facebook. Begged me! No word of a lie. There were moments where he was civil but then he would turn on a dime into a snivelling 4 year old baby when he didn't get his way. Who wants that around here?

Good riddance!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014
    I think he all got worse when he met that princess. He wasn't like that in the beginning.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014 edited
    As for him getting picked on, and not being his fault, i don't know; there are other sensitive members in the board but none has ever reacted as stupidly as Jordi. So how come isn't his fault? as i said, he might be a good guy in real life but i strongly disliked his online persona especially during the last couple of years. I don't have a problem saying that to him directly if he or the princess still read the board. If he ever matures, he's more than welcome (as far as a personal opinion goes, i don't own the board of course).
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    He was on the same level as yonythemoony.

Yeah, well, I don't think Jordi ever got in trouble for filesharing. Other than that I'd say they're in a similar category. Annoying as fuck but not really any worse than that. Both of them are genuinely interested in film music and so I find it hard to justify wanting to ban them outright.

What's the story with this "princess" anyway? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Yeah, well, I don't think Jordi ever got in trouble for filesharing. Other than that I'd say they're in a similar category. Annoying as fuck but not really any worse than that. Both of them are genuinely interested in film music and so I find it hard to justify wanting to ban them outright.

Ed, i am wondering out of general interest, 'cause i can't really recall: what online interaction exactly did you have with Jordi so far? You weren't on the board when he was present, no?

As for the princess, i am not touching that otherwise she will come screaming at me in the forum and vanish again. vomit
  3. I just posted this useless reply. I am now 2% more active.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Demetris wrote
    Ed, i am wondering out of general interest, 'cause i can't really recall: what online interaction exactly did you have with Jordi so far? You weren't on the board when he was present, no?

No, I wasn't. I don't think I've ever had any direct interactions with him, I'm basing this purely on what I've read in older MT threads. So, yeah, I guess I'm not in a good position to make judgement calls here. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, i am not judging that, just asking 'cause i don't recall smile thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edward - You'd know Jordi as Nautilus on Filmtracks.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is Edmund Edward on Filmtracks ( I don't bother with Filmtracks )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. I've never been Edward and I don't recall there ever being a Nautilus at Filmtracks either. tongue
  6. Demetris wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

As for the princess, i am not touching that otherwise she will come screaming at me in the forum and vanish again. vomit

Oh, he's not talking to her anymore. She launched a rather vicious attack on him and he just blocked her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I thought his enthusiasm was nice to see. It's a shame he took criticism of things he liked so personally (and often overreacted, in my opinion) - an online discussion board is clearly not going to be a very happy place for someone like that. I'm very sad that he was so upset by something I said that he felt he couldn't even stay connected on Facebook with me. But still, yes, I think he added something different to the board (which provoked discussions - the board was so much more active then, though it didn't have many more active members, I'd say) and while I often disagreed with him, I thought he was perfectly harmless and a good member.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I've never been Edward and I don't recall there ever being a Nautilus at Filmtracks either. tongue

Shit... sorry... my iPhone incorrectly spellchecked your name, Edmund. I apologize. If I can recall Jordi was banned from Filmtracks. His user name was Nautilus. He also stirred shit up at MovieMusic.com and FSM for a while.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014 edited
    Hmmm... All this discussion about Jordi reminded me a bit of the situations I face in school with the children. What do I mean. We all know that some people mature faster than others and some don't mature at all and remain rather sensitive in some issues or react in most of the things being in defense and thus attack the other even when there is no apparent reason to do so. Jordi tended to do that. BUT , because there is always a but somewhere, most of us knew that was the way he reacted and I believe that sometimes we, I include myself even though I think I didn't do it, said some things that weren't meant to insult him but would definitely set him off and we knew it, like baiting him perhaps? I'll say again that this was and probably is a characteristic of Jordi and I realize through profession experience that it is very difficult and tiresome to be constantly on the guard not tho say something that the other may consider insulting. That was what annoyed most of us I think. And of course there was always the language barrier. I mean I'm an English teacher and I definitely make mistakes, let alone Jordi who is self taught as Pawel mentioned.
    On the whole he was funny and he tried to contributed in our discussions when he wasn't annoyed. Anyway, who is this princess character and why don't I remember her?!?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Oh, he's not talking to her anymore. She launched a rather vicious attack on him and he just blocked her.

F*ck seriously? Why? I might sympathize with him slightly more now smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Hmmm... All this discussion about Jordi reminded me a bit of the situations I face in school with the children. What do I mean. We all know that some people mature faster that other and some don't mature at all and remain rather sensitive in some issues or react in most of the things being in defense and thus attack the other even when there is no apparent reason to do so. Jordi tended to do that. BUT , because there is always a but somewhere, most of as knew that was the way he reacted and I believe that sometimes we, I include myself even though I think I didn't do it, said some things that weren't meant to insult him but would definitely set him off and we knew it, like baiting him perhaps? I'll say again that this was and probably is a characteristic of Jordi and I realize through profession experience that it is very difficult and tiresome to be constantly on the guard not tho say something that the other may consider insulting. That was what annoyed most of us I think. And of course there was always the language barrier. I mean I'm an English teacher and I definitely make mistakes, let alone Jordi who is self taught as Pawel mentioned.
    On the whole he was funny and he tried to contributed in our discussions when he wasn't annoyed. Anyway, whose this princess character and why don't I remember her?!?

Dear Stavi, thanks for the very insightful post. Nice points made there, certainly food for though.

The princess was some Kristina (i didn't spell that correctly i think) lady who's the biggest case of all of you describe above, it would seem. Zimmer wacko, couldn't make a logical discussion regarding Z (and virtually everything else i think?) and was constantly on the fence regarding, well, everything. She's not bad or evil at all and i certainly don't hold any bad feelings against her (nor Jordi btw), but she too seemed to struggle vividly to fit into any kind of online film music community(ies). Would get very defensive and attack anyone who 'badmouthed' Z on facebook, would shift rooms and turn the other way in order not to face certain "anti-Z" (as she classified them) members that had the misfortune to stumble upon her accidentally at one film music event from what i seem to recall (But i might be wrong about this). She occasionally stepped in the board to curse us into hell for talking 'behind her back' and vanish into thin air afterwards. I wonder if she will ever do that again smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Now that you mention the name I think I remember her and I might have even welcomed her when she appeared due to the joke we have about female member here.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    We all welcomed her here initially. Then she was more and more drawn onto facebook and general wackiness.
  7. Krisztina on this board was my fault, back when she seemed normal, I invited her.

She's not just a Zimmer wacko, she totally lashed out at me, when I tried to point out to her the lack of originality in Cristiada and that her "it's about different feelings" theory falls apart when Horner uses the Braveheart freedom speech theme for another freedom speech in Cristiada. Then she told me I lack any emotions at all biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    She's an H fan too?
  8. Yep, huge fangirl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Taking criticism is extremely difficult to do for people in general.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2014
    I am absolutely terrible at taking criticism of me, but I am able to appreciate the difference between criticism of me and criticism of something I like, as most of us are, but some sadly are not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2014 edited
    Society and life isn't easy or smooth sailing. If they can't take some film music discussions i tremble at the idea of how they treat real life's problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2014
    And I think I've improved in this area but then last night as an example someone complained about my bread being too heavy and I let this bother me for a time.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2014
    Internet drama!

Speaking of lost Spaniards, I really miss Marcelus around these parts.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too Thor.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    True that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn