• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012 edited
    Are any other MT members in this path of this storm? It's forecasted to go practically right over my head sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. I can't tell how bad it's going to be because #1) it's an unprecedented weather event, no October hurricane has ever made landfall on the East Coast of the US before, they always go out to sea, and #2) our media loves to overhype things and they are acting like this is practically the end of the world, so it would be fitting and expected if it turns out to not be a big deal.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    I feel like I am in the path of the storm.

The headline story on the BBC? Why?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012
    Scribe, I hope you and relatives and friends will be okay. I cannot imagine what a storm like that must be. Keep us updated.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I feel like I am in the path of the storm.

The headline story on the BBC? Why?

It's a huge storm... it could also turn into a rare "perfect storm" (rain from the hurricane combined with a cold front and a high pressure system) which could totally eff up New York City and the coastal eastern states. Yeah, I can see why it's a top story.

Anyway, we'll get a good amount of rain and wind here in Southern Ontario tonight, through the night and into the morning!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    First images, very nasty thing.

http://www.zougla.gr/kosmos/article/oi- … tou-tifona

Live feed here: http://www.protothema.gr/world/article/?aid=233026
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    First images? We've been seeing images and videos from this bitch of a storm for quite sometime now.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Best of luck to all of our American friends.
    I'm sure it'll be alright, but it's all quite harrowing nonetheless.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    First images? We've been seeing images and videos from this bitch of a storm for quite sometime now.

-Erik-

Well, at least for us here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    [edit]

1. Surely that can't be real?

shocked if it is!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That last picture is not real I imagine.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It seems it's shopped and from 09..i got it from some american friends off facebook but we've all been fooled i think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And when you say "we all", you basically mean "you"? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And those who posted it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Which basically then...would be you?
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I didn't post it on facebook!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But you DID post it here!

And we have only your word that you didn't post it on Facebook...

Just sayin'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The above is thunderously confusing I must say.
    Kazoo
  2. And now we have BBC News being broadcast live from America. Washington DC to be precise. How far is Washington from the coast?

I don't remember seeing this coverage from Haiti. And how much worse was that human tragedy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Muricans are more important than other people, so its more newsworthy when they might die. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2012
    Martijn wrote
    But you DID post it here!

And we have only your word that you didn't post it on Facebook...

Just sayin'.

Try Peter Alexander and Scott Glasgow Peter, Jason Otts and others. It's one of their photos i linked, not my facebook profile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have the feeling you're not taking me seriously, D.
    Take me more seriously! I demand it!
  3. Martijn wrote
    I have the feeling you're not taking me seriously, D.
    Take me more seriously! I demand it!

But Martijn, it's impossible to take you seriously. I thought you had come to grips with that fact a long time ago... It's not D.'s fault he's having trouble with that...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Definitely overhyped. Coastal areas are having some (relatively minor compared to the predictions) problems, including New York City with some flooding, but only about 5% as bad as they were predicting and absolutely nothing happened in my area.

Supposedly there are 6 million without power scattered across the East Coast but some of that is power companies deliberately shutting down the power to protect against water damage.
  4. I talked with my cousin through Twitter, she's OK (living somewhere in the middle of Manhattan) and she had a major power outage. There are about 6 casualties in NYC alone though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012
    http://knowyourmeme.com/search?utf8=%E2 … andy%22%29
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've not seen anything on the news regarding devastation and lives lost in Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Scribe wrote
    Muricans are more important than other people, so its more newsworthy when they might die. cool

Uncalled for.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I've not seen anything on the news regarding devastation and lives lost in Haiti, Cuba and Jamaica.

I suppose that's because no Americans were at risk then. Another example to convince me that our media - especially the BBC - sees us as the 51st state.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I suppose that's because no Americans were at risk then. Another example to convince me that our media - especially the BBC - sees us as the 51st state.

Yes, but I would say the British media as a whole rather than just single out the BBC.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt