• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2012 edited
    Yeah, we needed one.

I realize we all have different brands, depending on where we live in the world, but what's your favourite?

Right now, I'm eating a brand called Mexican Fiesta....great, spicy flakes with a superb crispiness. At the same time, I'm eating a bag of 'lakrisbåter', literally translated as 'licorice boats'. I have no idea if you have that outside Scandinavia.

Here's Mexican Fiesta.

Here's licorice boats.

And later today, I'll have good ol'fashioned popcorn and the sublime Bounty chocolate.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2012
    Oh, and if no one participates, I can keep this thread going all on my own.

THE MYTH, THE PASSION, THE DIONYSIAN EXCELLENCE.....POTATOE CHIPS IS LIFE!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. If you want people to participate in this thread, the first thing that needs to happen is for you to drop the "e" from 'potatoe'. Potato.

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Crisp snack favourite at the moment is Pringles - any flavour.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    If you want people to participate in this thread, the first thing that needs to happen is for you to drop the "e" from 'potatoe'. Potato.

wink

You say potato, I say potatoe. smile

OK, -e removed.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mcvities Chedders, Walkers cheese & onion, Smokey Bacon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Onion rings, bacon rashers, cheese puffs & salt and vinegar chipsticks. Probably none of which contain potato!

Scampi Fries!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can you buy scampi fries in Wales?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Can you buy scampi fries in Wales?

Why? Is there some sort of embargo?

Are they specific to pubs? I haven't seen them for a while.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

Just wondered is all wink And yes, they do seem to be specific to pubs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012
    I like the traditional cracker called a Triscuit. They make a rye flavored brand which goes well with Dubliner cheese. The problem is I eat too many!
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  5. haha! nice thread.

there's nothing like OLW's Cream Cheese chips. and milk chocolate. preferably in the same mouthful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. The combo of chips & chocolate is hard to beat. Once you've had one, you need the other and vice versa.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I don't eat potato chips. Too unhealthy.

I eat Snickers ice creams daily though. They have nuts... and there's some dairy in it, and as we all know, dairy is rich in calcium... oh, and chocolate has alot of antioxidants...
    ... ok, I'll probably die from all this ice cream before I'm 40. But at least I'm enjoying myself.

Peter icecream
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2012 edited
    plindboe wrote
    I don't eat potato chips. Too unhealthy.

BOOOOOOOOOH!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    tongue

On second thought, technically they are vegetables. So perhaps I'm being unfair.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012
    Smokey bacon is my favourite flavour - one year Walkers did what was essentially a posh version (Honey Roast Ham flavour Sensations) over the Christmas period which were the greatest crisps of all time.
  6. I found a tasty new snack (only around two or three months now), though a little pricey.

Honey Maid crackers makes these crackers with flavored creame in the middle; sort of like an elongated cookie, only using Honey Main graham crackers. I've seen them in peanut buter, banana, and chocolate. I tried peanut butter. They were quite good. I've tried a nmber of new peanut putter flavored things over the passed few six years, and they were either "blah" or bad; this was the first one to get a higher approval.

And it's a good helping of [tasty] peanut butter, not like this paper thin splats you find in other products.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Smokey bacon is my favourite flavour - one year Walkers did what was essentially a posh version (Honey Roast Ham flavour Sensations) over the Christmas period which were the greatest crisps of all time.

Agree! ...and then they drop them slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A variation on the potato chip are the potato sticks which are crispy hash brown cut.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2012 edited
    Yesterday and today, I've consumed lots of the delicious Sørlandschips (translated as 'chips from the South') -- a great, crispy type fried in a particular type of oil that just makes it stupendously tasty -- whether it's the type with herbs and creme fraiche or the one with sweet paprika. love

Also currently enjoying sweet Panda licorice. Lots of sugar, obviously, but only 0.4% fat!

SNACKS 4-EVER!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2012
    Frito Lay has some new interesting potato chips that I should try.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012
    I like black pepper & sea salt chips. Crisps, sorry.

I've always preferred more natural taste than anything spicy. I like Pringles too!! But not the spicy ones and especially not the 'taste explosion' ones, it hurts your mouth.

What they like here in my family are the flips. Cheese flips or Peanut flips.
    My mom called them fried cotton wadding.

And I like nuts. And cheese biscuits or tomato/olive biscuits.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mmmmmm! Biscuits with a selection of cheese plus olives. I also love slices of apple with cheese lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012 edited
    Bregje wrote
    I like black pepper & sea salt chips. Crisps, sorry.

I've always preferred more natural taste than anything spicy. I like Pringles too!! But not the spicy ones and especially not the 'taste explosion' ones, it hurts your mouth.

What they like here in my family are the flips. Cheese flips or Peanut flips.
    My mom called them fried cotton wadding.

And I like nuts. And cheese biscuits or tomato/olive biscuits.

Never been too fond of cheese & biscuits, for some reason. It's something I associate with my parents' generation (cheese, biscuits & red wine). Also, I've never really enjoyed Pringles too much. Too cardboardey. It's produced with watered-out, factoryproduced potato mass, not actual potatoes. But if push comes to shove, I'll eat that too.

But yeah -- I'm definitely with you on the black pepper & sea salt combo. A classic that never goes out of fashion, whatever country you're in.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Vinegar and salt by far!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Vinegar......EEEEEEW! Only to be used when making dressings for salads.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    My parents were never into 'cheese, biscuits & red wine', it's something I got a love from through friends/girl friends etc.

I'm with you on Pringles, very artificial tasting but also like you I'll eat them if offered.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Vinegar and salt by far!!!!

Even better is salted crisps with a pickled egg, I love it but a lot of people find it appalling, even English people, in fact Mel banned me from this combination if I'm out with her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Pringles! vomit
    Honestly, I'm no snob, but these overpriced bits of chemically flavoured superfattened bits of carton I find utterly inedible. Yuck!

Now cheese, biscuits and port... lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn